LG 18650 "not for vaping"

Umm…a lot. Probably on average around 40-50ml per day… :flushed:
#chainvaper

Lmao… Gotta clean my windows every wick change… :joy:

7 Likes

That’s a no shitter! I was bored earlier and watched a video of Grimm Green (yet another self-proclaimed vaping professional) doing a build for the original Noisy Cricket series mod. Not once did he discuss ohm’s law or go into the safety measures needed when dealing with mechanical mods, much less a series one. Why mention Mr Quick Uppy Closey? Well because your average mouth-breather gets their information from dumbshits on YT, and it’s a shame someone with such exposure doesn’t START his video discussing safety! LG has a large, lucrative business to protect, so I don’t blame them for distancing themselves from the shallow end of the gene pool.

8 Likes

Good point, but as a manufacturer of anything with the potential for a news story i could print disclaimers all over my products. Accidents, especially with batteries happen all the time. I’ve been building quad copters and the LiPos at the time were really dangerous, quite a few guys from the forums had accidents with them. Nobody ever thinks they have to distance themselves from these guys and i can tell you, there are enough copter pilots you would personally want to distance yourself from.

3 Likes

I rewrapped mine in green so they’re no longer HG2s :exploding_head:

6 Likes

Ford will be doing it next, they’ll put a disclaimer on the dashboard saying…
‘Not to be driven by people, especially near other people…on roads…containing people’

8 Likes

Bob… as in “Battery Operated Boyfriend”?

2 Likes

Yes, exactly!

1 Like

What is your coil resistance if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

LG along with one other battery company sent out cease and desist orders to a few companies telling not to sell there products vaping. I read that i believe on one site might have been imr batteries site not sure.

1 Like

.32ohms, parallel wrapped 24ga ss316L
Each coil comes to about .16ohms, and the series deck doubles the resistance.

2 Likes

So can LG go after any companies who rewrap their batteries and don’t include the warning?

1 Like

Why do you choose to run in a series?
If you build your coil w/ resistance of .16 you would raise your amp draw to 29.3 /4= 7.34 still in a safe zone for your batteries but you voltage would drop to 4.6 rather than 6.4 which is saving 27% of your batteries then one charge would allow for all day vaping I’d assume! I’m not telling you what to do I’m just asking I’m new to this and trying to understand the choices of others better. So I can learn!

2 Likes

I do build lower on other decks, but with this setup I’m able to run dual coils that would be too low if they were parallel. I’m honestly not too worried about battery life…lol I’m a housewife so I’ve got all the extra batteries that I want right here whenever I need em. :wink: I’m just having fun with all my options!
I do like the experience that I get from running this set up though, its slow and smooth, and isn’t crazy hot. But the more I vape the hotter it gets, its kinda cool to have it change as the coils get warmed up.

4 Likes

That’s cool! I guess from my experience I just enjoy vaping hotter I seem to get better taste that way. I might find different real soon as I step my game up and start mixing my Owen juices!!!

4 Likes

From IMR’s website.

:warning: WARNING:

Use caution as misusing or mishandling the battery may cause a FIRE or EXPLOSION which may result in personal injury or property damage. The user must have an appropriate understanding of the potential dangers of LITHIUM ION BATTERIES before purchase and usage. No express or implied guarantee of compatibility, suitability, or fitness for any particular purpose or device can be made. This battery is manufactured and sold for the intended use of system integrations with proper protection circuitry or battery packs with a BMS (battery management system) or PCB (circuit board/module). This battery is neither designed nor intended to be used with an E-CIGARETTE, VAPORIZER, or similar device. USAGE OF THIS BATTERY IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

•DO NOT USE WITH E-CIGARETTE, VAPORIZER, OR SIMILAR DEVICE

2 Likes

Makes sense. When these batteries were developed, they probably didn’t realize they would be used by people with little to no knowledge of them or their devices…not to mention people not keeping the wraps in good condition. Fast forward to today and they hear tales of batteries exploding in vaporizers. Good idea to cover their ass.

Edit: This reminded me of being in a vape shop once and a customer said they wanted a battery. The employee said “what color do you want” to which he replied “I’ll go with green this time… it’s my favorite color”. I would imagine LG didn’t originally think that kind of logic would be used to determine how 18650’s are sold.

4 Likes

Have you seen the “May contain peanuts” on the peanuts packages? It’s happening already. Pretty soon they are going to have to list as many warnings on consumer packages as the drug commercials have for side effects. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

You’re right, I’ve seen “may contain eggs” on a pack of eggs.

3 Likes

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this warning isn’t accurate:

3 Likes

IKR, and as I’ve said before, if the person using it is a 0 Nic vaper, it may never.

1 Like