Liquid Barn Tasting Notes

I bought some of this recently and I thought it was pretty good tho slightly peppery, but I probably needed to rebuild my coil. It’s a pretty intense vanilla cream at 10%.

I’ve also got some root beer and cola freeze steeping. Gonna make some floats! :stuck_out_tongue:

As I understood it, freeze just means it’s an icy/slushie/whatever, which is basically a flat cola flavor so I wasn’t expecting a koolada effect or anything.

3 Likes

I think the peppery part came when you mentioned 10% that may have done it :wink:
since i’ve yet to take it to that level but haven’t felt the need to. Good to know thou.

The root beer & the Ice cream make an awesome Root beer float with that VGD cream man oh man I just may get around to that one ! I don’t think I have that recipe anymore but wouldn’t be hard to figure out.

4 Likes

If I couldn’t ever reorder anything from LB I don’t think there’s anything I’ve tried so far that I’d be super upset about losing. Like Amy said, most are about the same concentration as TPA/Cap/FW. That being said, I like them—none so far have been awful or unvapeable.

I like the banana for a candy banana. The blue raspberry is good, but weak. Butterscotch Graham Tobacco is good, but not one I see myself using a ton. Cappuccino is really good but takes a LONG time to steep out the skunk. I wasn’t crazy about Cherry blossom tea, but with some fiddling it might be good. The coconut milk is really good…in my top 5 for coconuts. The rootbeer is pretty awesome.

6 Likes

I’ll have to give the cappuccino more time it was pretty strong and stinky for a while thanks.

4 Likes

Great reviews ladies. I appreciate them very much. I only have a few of their flavorings, but your reviews of them are spot on, IMHO.

6 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: EuroFlavors Tasting Notes

So not good this LB rainbow sherbet I had great expertaions with it . Specially at 7%
Can it be added as flavor In Recipe . I’ve not tried adding to Any thing… But I get the creamy sour raspberry flavor . Yes it starts to disappear as time goes on so a quick vape
Thank you for great reviews
K:wink:

4 Likes

Hello . I am kinda new in vape . 1 month.
So a got some 50 different flavors , mostly TPA . So when i chouse TPAs i found Liquid Barn
And it was kinda cheap. I google Liquid Barn and found yours reviews. So i got
Bakers Touch ,Butterscotch Graham Tobacco ,Cappuccino ,Cherry Blossom Tea
Cream,Lava Cake,Menthol,Orange Banana.Vanilla Cream Tobacco.Vienna Cream

So i mix up in % as suggested on a web site this flawors
Bakers Touch ,Butterscotch Graham Tobacco ,Cherry Blossom Tea
,Lava Cake, Vanilla Cream Tobacco

Of and let it try in a 3 and 5 days
Taste HORRIBLE!

I tried to accelerate process with warm watter bath , microwave temp less then 80 celsius
But still taste VERY BAD after 10 days

Yes , i read JoJos post about steeping.
Do this flawors REALY need 3 weeks steepng minimum to vipe?
I read that singl flawors kinda ready for smoke almost immediatly or next day.
i had toughts to throw them away already.
btw TPAs works fine after 10 days . made unicorn milk , mothers milk

so from what i tried after 10 days, after shakings, microvave , warm watter bath and give to breath 2 times for 4 hours
Bakers Touch - more o less there is some flawor and more o less can smoke. but without exitment
Butterscotch Graham Tobacco - no flawor , taste chemical
Cherry Blossom Tea- smell a little bit cherry , taste - strong chemical , cant even vape
Lava Cake - some smell exist , bad taste, nothing about choclad or cake
Vanilla Cream Tobacco - dont understand :))

can you please share more your experience after half year usage please
how you mix, %, steeping time, any accelerations, how you keep them (dark, temperature)
pg / vg ? open caps how much times and for how lont time /
i use 70 pg/ 30 vg

1 Like

I’m new to mixing myself. Just a few months. I bought the whole starter kit from LB BC it had everything in it for a newbie. However, no guide to make recipes. I did the same thing. Mixing these single flavors. Except for the orange banana they all r too strong & don’t taste good on their own especially @ the % they say. They work well if u use no more 3-4 % & mix with other flavors. I looked for recipes that were similar to the flavors I had using a 50/50 ratio of PG VG. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Also the cola freeze is really good by itself. This forum has been great for me. Every one is really nice and so helpful! If you can’t find what you are looking for just ask & iam sure they will help you. I have found recipes I like & follow them for their help & recipes. Don’t give up. Happy vaping.

4 Likes

My notes on Baker’s Touch in case anyone searches for info :slight_smile:
Percentage Used: 9%

Equipment Used: Troll 2 RDA with a single Kanthal .2 ohm Bird’s Nest coil (Kernel 24GA*3+26GA= Wrapped 32GA) at 27W, full cotton wick.

PG/VG: 30/70

Manufacturer’s Description: Bakers Touch is a full flavor danish style dessert: a cinnamon streusel yellow cake a la mode. Suggested Mix Percentage: 9%

Steep Time: 25 Days. I did try it at 1 week, but it shows a significant difference with the longer steep. Although good, it is worth waiting for, the flavor really deepens.

Aroma: Pastry, cake, cream, cinnamon, icing.

Flavor Description: This is a rich and full bodied danish pastry. Authentic flavor, buttery densely packed layers of pastry that is topped with heavy cream and drizzled with cinnamon sugar. Most prominant flavor up front is buttery pastry. I’m not getting a light and flakey mouth feel, more of a heavy cake. Next I notice the cream, it’s very much like their vanilla ice cream. No egginess like a custard, yet is has that creamy slightly cooked pudding like consistency usually found in cream cheese danishes. It has the flavor of a light vanilla cream though. The cinnamon is a mild bakery cinnamon, fairly light, and comes through more on the exhale along with a hint of a slightly darker baking vanilla, more of a low note than the vanilla cream. Sweet cream butter and sugar are well balanced in with the cinnamon, very much like the streusel they refer to in their description. Moderately sweet overall, I’m also getting a sweet powdered sugar type icing finish. Every once in a while I get a hint of a super light maple. It’s very faint and seems to come and go. I’m wondering if there is some brown sugar in with the cinnamon?

Off Flavors: Faint maple every once in a while, nothing offensive.

Throat Hit: 2/10

Pairings: Almost any fleshy fruit would be good here, turning it into a fruit and cream danish. It will also fit in very well to strengthen bakery notes, especially in cinnamon rolls or anywhere you would normally use Capella Cinnamon Danish Swirl. Great to add sweetness and body to custards, and tobaccos. Also would be very good with nuts, specifically almonds and pecans.

Notes: This is a very complex flavor, and makes an excellent single flavor for a fast and easy mix, or to have something good to vape while still learning about mixing. I enjoyed it at the recommended 9%, I wouldn’t go over 10 tops. I’m going to start around 1-5% as an accent. It’s much more complex than Capella’s Cinnamon Danish, and I can see using this a lot.

9 Likes

When i first started DIY in january, i bought the liquid barn starter kit.
It came with a mixing mat (with very good instructions on both sides, including the actual equations for mixing) i also got a fair amount of mixing supplies (some needed, some not needed for mixing by syringe).
It came with 10 sample flavors. Pg, vg and nicotine.
I couldnt peg a recipe by the time i ran out of flavors. They seemed weak but tasted good for the most part. I gave up on the brand because i had to use so much flavoring for each recipe.
The strong part, in my opinion, for liquid barn is the vg, pg and nicotine. All came to me colorless and odorless and i was so impressed i continued to buy these three things from them.
Then i found bulk apothecary(vg/pg) and perfect vape (nicotine) which were cheaper with similar good qualities.
Overall: liquid barn is very helpful in the information department as their site has many links that are very exploratory in regards to the science of mixing. Perfect for beginning the journey. :dash::dash::dash:

4 Likes

that is how i started as well

4 Likes

I really like Bakers Touch and as much as it smells like Cinnamon off of the bottle I really don’t get that from it. I too get a bready bakery concoction sweet with …yea I’d say a syrupy note in there on occasion.
Great notes !

5 Likes

Baker’s Touch is more of an enhancing flavor. You really need to layer it to get a nice rounded flavor.

Imo, the fruits are pretty good.

The creams are LB’s best flavors. Again, this is IMO.

Try LB Vanilla Ice Cream, Cream and Creme Brulee. They are amazing! I should have some public recipes using these flavors. I’m on ELR under Neil3. Lucky Cream recipe is pretty good.

1 Like

I just had to get some more LB VIC so i grabbed their pumpkin pie and belgian waffle anyone try these yet ?? ill report back with my thoughts

6 Likes

I’ve had the belgian waffle but not the pumpkin pie. Looking forward to hearing how it measures up to the other pumpkin things. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

yes i noticed your notes after my post , wish i would have read b4 i ordered :frowning: crossing my fingers with the PP

3 Likes

Please do let us know about the pie. :slight_smile:

@JoJo Did you try the two new ones they sent? I know you mixed them but i forgot to ask if you tried them. I havent even mixed them yet, so bad…

3 Likes

I’ve mixed them and this weekend will be 4 weeks but I won’t get to do final tests for them, the Flavorah I got, and the rest of the NicVape flavors until Tuesday or Wednesday since I’m AWOL this weekend. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re not bad, but probably not ones I’d put on my “definitely must order more” list. Partly because neither of them fit in my preferred flavor profile.

3 Likes