Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

Lol no worries.

2 Likes

Happens to the best of us honā€¦ run with it and make it part of your charm

2 Likes

Alright we got the weight per ml all figured out now. We measured pure VaporBase with no Nic and came up with the same numbers @MysticRose found of 1.22 grams per ml. I then used some calculations that /u/Botboy141 over on Reddit provided, and we were able to accurately calculate the weight per ml for each concentration of VaporBase. Hereā€™s the final numbers:

7 Likes

You mean to tell me I was off by 0.07g per ml? I mean I used my best $3 graduated cylinder and $15 digital scale. Digital!!! :laughing:

Thanks for the info and the effort. Much appreciated!

6 Likes

@VaporBase Will you be having a Fatherā€™s Day sale at all by chance?

:innocent:

@MysticRose

3 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

BTW thatā€™s off your entire shopping cart

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œVaporBase, post:204, topic:67470ā€]

And completely incorrect - your VaporBase might be 3mg/ml but your juice (including 14% flavouring) will be just 2.58mg/ml.

Please explain why you wonā€™t sell just plain PDO to mixers who have no interest in your ā€˜making it simpleā€™ philosophy?

4 Likes

Thatā€™s why I plan on getting the 6% nic VB and adding VG

3 Likes

I totally agree! I believe PDO has some great potential to help those that are PG sensitive but I would rather buy PDO separate and not as a 1 blend fits all mix because the bottom line is it does not.

After experimenting over the past week I can now tell you I do not like how thin this is. I will continue to try and find a source for just the PDO.

I am saying this because I have had leaking issues with my tanks I have used for over 1 year now with MAX VG and no leaking issues.

So for now I will be sticking with my max VG blends.

EDIT: I should add that I have also noticed a lot of liquid build up (flooding from sitting overnight) in my wick upon first vape in the morning and I am not interested in learning new wicking techniques to use this blend.

4 Likes

And the new is wearing offā€¦

3 Likes

I will add my thoughts on my experience thus far.
I havenā€™t had any issue concerning the viscosity.It is much thinner than the mix I was using that included Essential Depots VG. I have used the Vapor Base almost exclusively since the beginning of the week.
I have used the mix in the Aromamizer V1 , Boreas ,Ohmega Alpha BFT ,and the VCMT 25mm and 30mm tanks.I always have a little leak after filling on the Boreas ,Ohmega , and the VCMT but no more than when I was using Max VG with my previous base.I always use rayon and I pack my wicking tighter than most ,I am sure that has helped avoid the leaking as mentioned by @wvsanta .

I must admit I had my reservations about trying Vapor Base because of not being able to easily dial in my usual nicotine strength.After using a 3mg base in four mixes now with a decent variation of flavoring totals 8.0%- 18.0% , I can honestly say that I canā€™t tell a difference but I am sure others will. I have decided that I can live with my juices ranging from 2.5 -2.8 mg. in nicotine strength.Luckily I am able to vape while on the job so unlike others that have to wait for a break or an appropriate time the minor nicotine that I am missing is hard to gauge.

My thoughts on the taste of Vapor Base. I am very impressed with how the four mixes have turned out within the past week.I canā€™t say that I have experienced anything negative from using it thus far.I think it has helped boost the flavor of all four mixes , all of the four included Real Flavor flavorings.I will test mix a few this weekend of ones using Caps and TPA and see if it works as well.I will be having to use less flavor % for the RF ones , I previously was using 10-12% for single flavors and can see easily that 8% now with VB may be too strong.
I have read others thinking it was muting certain flavors , I have no doubt that they were correct.I really believe we are going to have to retest flavors individually to be certain.IIRC , I think I read a post while researching about one of the uses of1,3 PDO was to eliminate bitterness.If that is the case this may not work at all on some recipes.
Even though I am very happy and will continue to use Vapor Base I would also like to be able to find a supplier for 1,3 PDO in order to try different ratioā€™s just to see what is possible.

9 Likes

This is my 2 week steep follow up on my previous review. Let me remind you the 2 flavors I had tested was FA Oba Oba and RF Bread Pudding. While I was amazed and pleased with the enhanced and strong flavors at the 24 hour mark, unfortunately I have to say that time has not been kind to either of these mixes.

I tried them both again today, which is just past the 2 week steep. Both of the flavors were extremely muted. Where I thought before that I would need to decrease the flavoring percentage used, now it tasted like it is wayyyyy to low. They were almost flavorless.

I havenā€™t given up, I am going to retry them at the 4 week mark. As well as the other 2 more complex recipes hat are steeping. However, I also am still not liking how thin it is. As said previously, I prefer 30/70. Before mixing, the base itself seems slightly thinner than that. By the time I add my flavorings, it is way too thin. That doesnā€™t bother me as much as the dryness though. After steeping, I have found it to produce a very very dry feeling vape, and actually dehydrates my mouth much worse than normal vaping. I am thinking itā€™s because of the higher amount of PDO it contains though, as Iā€™m sure it is as dehydrating as regular PG. That is one (not the only) of the reasons I normally vape 30/70, as it seems to give me a bit wetter vape than 50/50 blends.

At this point, I really do hope it improves with further steeping and the flavor comes back and the dryness improves. But I am glad I am still on my free sample and havenā€™t actually spent money on it yet without further testing. I do still remain hopeful, and would love to experiement further, but like a lot of you state, only if I can order the PDO by itself. Or customize the Vapor Base to my preferred ratio, as this is definitely not hitting that 30/70 feel or vicscosity that is implied.

I am in no way trying to bash this company either, but I canā€™t help but express some concerns either. As all us weight mixers were searching for the weights on this, the company was unable to provide it as they mix by volume and their scale only reads 2 decimals. They have all the appropriate test reports listed on their website. However, companies receive SDS and COAā€™s on their chemicals when ordered. So I am unsure why @Vaporbase did not refer to the MSDS sheet from their PDO supplier to find the specific gravity of PDO to enable the math to calculate weights? They state their ingredients are pharmaceutical grade on their website, so that info should be very easily accessible. I would hope that a company would have those verifications as well as extensive knowledge of the products they use before using them as well. I was also surprised that a company that sells products to diy mixers was not aware that quite a percentage of us mix by weight? It bothers me that the targeted customers are either eliquid manufacturers or diy mixers, but they are not aware of something as common and discussed as mixing by weight as well as volume?

Please donā€™t take offense at all Evan, I am just expressing some things that confused me, and I am taking advantage of your invitation to ask questions.

I will update again at the 4 week steep mark, hopefully with better results, as quite a few of us need a fix for our PG sensitivity.

6 Likes

My thoughts are if @VaporBase were to sell PDO by itself I would no doubt switch to that instead of using PG because I am more sensitive to PG than most people are.

I also think this way, about what they are doing. There trade secret blend does not take a rocket scientist to figure out given we know the weight of VG, PDO and Vapor Base. That being said it may be to there long term benefit to sell PDO only to those that want to blend there own.

I suspect it will not be long before someone else jumps in and fills that need. Larger customer base equates to larger sales and larger profits.

For now anyway my 10/90 PG/VG blend will just have to work for me.

4 Likes

That is why I mentioned the MSDS earlier in this thread. Seems very strange to me also that they did not know this information.

4 Likes

Just wanted to point these quotes out here to make sure everyone does not need to go back and look to figure out what @MysticRose has so graciously asked them to answer.

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œwvsanta, post:238, topic:67470ā€]

Assuming that the 1,3-Propanediol used in VaporBase is Zemea, DuPont Tate & Lyleā€™s product sheet and MSDS both state the SG is 1.053 (their Physical Properties pdf mentions 1.055 but I suspect thatā€™s an error).

Thanks to @Kinnikinnick for posting these links way back in this thread:

Zemea Product Sheet - http://www.duponttateandlyle.com/sites/default/files/Zemea%20USP%20NF-Product%20Data%20Sheet%200815.pdf

Zemea MSDS - http://www.duponttateandlyle.com/sites/default/files/130000034418%20ZEMEA%20Propanediol%20US%20GHS%20SDS%2020150619.pdf

Zemea Physical Properties - http://www.duponttateandlyle.com/sites/default/files/PhysicalProperties-Zemea%20USP-NF%200815.pdf

5 Likes

Allow me to do a little Devilā€™s Advocacy. Donā€™t take it as disagreement. We all have valid reasons to jump aboard the VaporBase train (or not). I see some problems especially if the speeding up of steep times also equals a speed up in expiration dates for Commercial eJuice hopes ā€¦but that doesnā€™t apply to me. And is still not a solid fact.

Many Thanks to @MysticRose! If anything this gives folks important testing criteria for themselves. My proposed tests are still weeks/months out (using 6mg VB + ~45% VG and taking advantage of quick steep times then adding the VG post-steep) which could improve shelf life (untested). Benefiting from shorten steep time, while adding back the viscosity (and clouds!).

A main issue for me is having high concentrations of Nic around the house and personal exposure. I am also patience-challenged and cutting steep times sounds awesome. Itā€™s doubtful any juice I make will last two weeks :wink: ā€¦working on that. Iā€™m sure once I am re-setup I will have sh*ttons of juice and patience wonā€™t be such an issue.

So all the things I hold as ā€œprosā€ (vs cons) are imaginary, but if real will drive my decision to jump on the Train. My testing of straight VB was positive, and was impressed by the Nic quality, but this is about the bigger picture of total DIY.

On not ā€œknowingā€ the weight. As stated above, once we know the weight of VB we can calculate the rest, and the Cat is out of the proverbial bag. Chemistry is a bitch like that. If someone can do a test out to three decimal placesā€¦ Easy to see why they didnā€™t reveal immediately (shh 'sposed to be a secret).

Iā€™m still on for my tests, and I may buy some while the discount is good any way, but grateful for test results and promise to submit mine soon as possible. As I am trying to avoid work may just squeeze in some today. I canā€™t stop thinking about it ā€¦so interesting.

2 Likes

You make some very good and valid points. But please remember my testing and results are just 1 person, and it takes many to form a real picture of a product. We have the main factor of everyoneā€™s tastes being subjective. Then add in everybody has different vaping preferences, preferred PG/VG ratios, rdaā€™s vs tanks, temp control vs wattage, mtl vs dl, low wattage vs high wattage. The list is endless with any possible outcomes.

My opinions are just one, and we will all need many more before any can make fully informed decisions. Alas, this is just my opinionā€¦lol :wink:

5 Likes