Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

…eagerly awaiting the 4 week review

5 Likes

Hey @MysticRose

So I was looking along at the same kind of findings… but with a twist… my French Vanilla Cappuccino hit three weeks (and a couple of days)… so I decided to try some comparisons.

One of my favorite ADVs is a clone of Jimmy the Juiceman’s Strawberry Astronaut… Strawberry, Apricot and Mango. I remember I made a 30ml batch in my usual VG/PG/Nic (I call it my pre-VB period) and another 30ml batch in VB… there was a definite muting of the Strawberry in the VaporBase compared to the pre-VB mix.

Welp, then I remember two batches of RealFlavor’s Strawberry Milkshake the same way… here’s the rub:

The VB flavoring showed some muting… but not as drastic as the PG flavoring with the JTJM clone… I’m going to do a little more testing with similar recipes of single flavors with PG and VG flavorings. But it looks to me (initially) that PG flavoring may be affected more by time than VG flavoring.

Let me get some batches done here and I will do a comparison. @VaporBase - this is still a good product and I will continue to use it, initial findings are a bit sketchy yet, but let us help you out on this one. This may be something that requires a little tweaking on your part for compounds and concentrations (Chemistry was NOT my favorite subject so bear with me), but I don’t think a total rework is needed.

3 Likes

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. As some others suggested earlier in the thread, different flavors develop differently. Whereas some flavors may end up being fabulous in VB, others maybe not? This is requiring some relearning in mixing, as to be expected. Thank you so much for continuing your testing and posting your results :slight_smile:

It may end up being muted in the 2-3 week range then evening out after a month. Only time will tell. And that may vary with every flavor as well. Strawberry is notorious for muting over time as well I believe? I have heard some people say they prefer their strawberry S&V only? I don’t use it much, but it seems to me that at least in retail Strawberry seems to be the top flavoring used, so it must hold onto the flavor somehow? I do know when I use it, I mix CAP Sweet Strawberry with TFA Ripe to get a more rounded taste. I look forward to your continuing tests :smiley:

Oh, btw, have you noticed that your vape experience feels more dry after a steep with the FB? Maybe I am just getting sick or having issues with my allergies. I don’t notice it with my regular 30/70 though…hmmmmmm

3 Likes

Sorry I arrived to the party late…they have outlawed my lawnmower on the street [Thank you, George Jones], and my wheelchair isn’t very fast [obama regulations vs medicare] …but I have scales that have 5 decimal points.
I am not sure why you would need the weight past two decimals for use in e-juice…1.22 vs 1.23 would never be noticeable in a 500ml mix.
Anyway…sorry I’m late, eh?

4 Likes

And to get that 0.01 increment in mixing you’d need what…an insulin syringe? Sure aren’t going to achieve that with a drip tip.

2 Likes

true… it wouldn’t be the weighing it’d be the volumetrics. Recommend measuring out 500ml and weighing

2 Likes

Thanks for the in depth review! Glad you’re liking it so far.

Yes it’s on the SDS we have for the PDO, but I was seeing a lot of different numbers from different sources so I just wanted to make sure we had the right weight.

[quote=“BathVaper, post:249, topic:67470, full:true”]

What I meant is that I already know it’s at 3mg to start. For me personally, and many of our customers, a small offset of final nic ratio doesn’t seem to matter.

There’s only a small subset of people who want the pure PDO, and if they want that, it is possible to source it. For us though, we wanted to create a base liquid product, not sell individual raw ingredients. so if we sell the PDO separately, it takes away from the VaporBase product.

While we don’t plan on selling pure PDO at this time, would you be interested in a version of VaporBase that is thicker in consistency? We’ve been toying with the idea of creating two version of VaporBase. The original blend which you’ve used and had some leaking issues with, and a thicker version with more VG that would increase the viscosity substantially, but might not carry the flavor as well since there’s not as much Glycol blended in.

Thanks for your feedback on your experience with VB. When you were mixing with the Real Flavors, were you using their PDO or VG based concentrates?

2 Likes

No offense taken at all! All feedback is welcome, good or bad. We can only learn and adapt if we know of the issues that people are having so I appreciate your honesty.

Since you are experiencing muted flavors, is this happening on recipes that you reduced the flavor percentage on? I remember you posting saying that you cut down flavoring since it seemed to be so enhanced at first. But maybe this is the problem now that the flavors have begun to fully homogenize with VaporBase. Personally, I always add my flavors at the same amount I would use in a PG/VG base. Only had to make slight adjustments from there. I’ve never cut the flavor concentration in half.

As for the trouble with the weight per ml, honestly that is just something I have no experience with. I am not a chemist and I’ve only mixed by volume. I spoke with everyone in the lab that makes our product and the only weight based measurements they make is when weighing large quantities like 55 gallon drums. So I apologize for the confusion on that, but I had to learn a little bit in order to get the proper numbers for you guys.

As for selling PDO on it’s own, I’m noticing lots of people on this forum wanting that. But I don’t have a demand for it anywhere else. The members here are the most dedicated of e-liquid mixers, so I understand the desire to be able to fully customize your recipes. The problem is that it would take away form our product, but know that I am listening and considering some other options as to how we could potentially provide that for you.

3 Likes

We saw the info in the SDS we have on hand from our PDO orders. But the molecular weight seems to vary from SDS to SDS, and there were other numbers floating around in this forum, so we just wanted to make sure we were working with the proper measurement before we posted the weight per ml for everyone to use. Sorry for the confusion but we do have it figured out now!

1 Like

Yes, absolutely, that would be great. When using only VG flavoring with VB, it’s ok viscosity. Not ideal, but better. When using PG flavorings it’s way too thin. I would love to try a thicker version and see if the flavor is still good. If you offer a small 30ml sampler size for purchase so I could try before committing to larger bottles.

1 Like

I’m glad you can see the pros and cons regarding VaporBase. I know it may not be a perfect fit for everyone, but we do have a lot of people who really enjoy it so we’re stoked on that!

2 Likes

Big thanks for this info! I’m a big fan of JTJM flavors. Sounds like your clone would be really good. Please keep me up to date with your findings. We will adjust if necessary! Thanks for sticking with it. Users like you is what will keep our company moving forward.

1 Like

No worries, we got it all figured out!

Send me an email and I’ll have a custom batch mixed for you to test out, free of charge. Send it to info@liquidlabs.us and we’ll get it made this coming week.

2 Likes

No, the percentage is the same. It’s the original trial bottles I mixed, I made enough to keep for further steeping. But, that was at the 2 week mark as well. July 1 st will be the 4 week steep, and I will be trying them again then. I have had some other flavors that hit a dull spot during the steeping, so hopefully that is what happened here and the flavor will open back up at 4 weeks :slight_smile:

My 2 testers of custards and complex mixes will be ready then as well, so I’m excited for the results.

1 Like

That would be awesome…thank you so much!!

2 Likes