Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

Yeah that is what I’m seeing as well. I guess you could call it 30/70 base, but if we add 1,2 to it then we’d really have something like 20/50/30 and my poor brain doesn’t like keeping up with that. LoL I think the best option at the current time is to decide whether to class the “30” as PG or VG and go with that when using the calculator and deciding what the final ratio is. So either put it in as 100% VG or 30PG 70VG. Unless we could convince @daath to give us a third option for “other” in the actual base.

3 Likes

Glad to see you could join us
Thankfully had caught your page on Instagram

1 Like

If people want to use this base, cannot buy the individual components, yet want to tailor the viscosity to suit their own preferences, how can they maintain the purity of the formula while achieving the thickness desired? Am I missing something because it looks as though it’s a one-size-fits-all base?

3 Likes

Thank you @SthrnMixer DIY as long as you choose only this…this is why I haven’t even wasted my time with ordering or the free sample. However I’ll keep watching and waiting for more info and reviews of this product. I’ve got my hopes up.

2 Likes

Oh I don’t know…the base sounds interesting and promising. I just think it’s a mistake for them to keep secrets with things we’re going to inhale and then expect that it’s going to be suitable for everyone. Like you I’m not biting until I know more.

EDIT - Don’t mean to confuse the issue over secrecy to mean I have concerns healthwise. I mean by suitable that the ratios and ultimately the viscosity of the base seem like they’re assuming its suitable for everyone. So if the end user has to add more VG to reach their desired thickness, or PG to thin it down, and LL’s VG and PG are not available then what’s the point?

3 Likes

Hello. Please explain what is 1.3P?

1 Like

That is where I am on this.I was dead set on placing an order of 1000ml of 3mg base but then I got to wondering if I really want to go down this road so I backed out.
I read that it makes a better flavor carrier but I read it also can mute flavors? I am a simple man so I need someone to explain why this is the best way to go.[quote=“Alchemist2, post:26, topic:67470, full:true”]
Hello. Please explain what is 1.3P?
[/quote]

Yes please.

1 Like

Technical answer: see the wikipedia page for 1,3-Propanediol

Informal answer: It’s almost exactly like PG, but is generally made from corn, and one of the atoms of the molecule is in the “wrong” spot making it very similar, but slightly different from PG.

3 Likes

Thank you @zigz , I understand it is made of corn ,but with no corn DNA traces as to eliminate the problems for those that are sensitive to PG?
I guess I am wanting to know if this product is worth buying for those who mix at 70/30 and don’t really have any problems.
Do you use it ? Does it eliminate steeping ? Do you recommend everyone try it?
What are the benefits and the disadvantages? Is this just for working with VG based flavors?
I don’t mean to sound rude , I am just lazy and ignorant and really need someone who is able to explain in a way that makes it easy for me to understand. I read the link you provided , Thank you ! I still don’t understand what exactly this does.
It is a cure for what exactly?
Thank you again so much for helping those like me who would like to know more.

5 Likes

The pitch seems to be that it is an alternative to max VG for those who are sensitive to PG. I haven’t used it, but folks who have report that it carries flavors differently than PG and better than VG. So nothing earth-shattering, but ya know, options! There are posts on the internet about it’s use in DIY vaping dating back at least a year, so it’s not completely bleeding edge, but it does seem to be more expensive. I guess a lot of folks either blew it off or never gave it a shot. I found some stuff about it on Google the other day, but I guess it’s way past bedtime cuz I am coming up with zilch now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know @A_B_Dada has used it a bit based on what he said in another thread. And @ZenZephyr seemed to be speaking from personal experience earlier in the thread. Maybe one of them can help ya better than I can. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is about everything that I have found as well. I was going mostly by @A_B_Dada , @Ken_O_Where , @Walt_RealFlavors posts about it.I get little pieces of info but would like to know more about it.
I have seem some adding it to their own base from anywhere from 3-10% depending on the VG/PG content. I am sure we will all find out in due time.My age has taught me to be a little more patient but I will jump all up in that bandwagon if enough people tell me it is worth it.Make no mistake about it @zigz , I do respect your opinion like the others I mentioned.If y’all say buy it , I am in!

4 Likes

My sample will be here on Tuesday. Just not really sure what to do with it yet. Since it’s already supposed to be the viscosity similar to 30/70, and that’s what I usually vape, I’m afraid to add flavoring. If I add 15% flavoring, I’m assuming it’s going to be too close to a 50/50 for my preference.

And tbh, I haven’t found a source to actually procure PD 1,3 from, and that along with the higher cost may be why people aren’t really using it? I just wanted to try it as I have been having problems with PG.

1 Like

I was wanting to try it with Real Flavors and some One On One flavors that are all Vg based but I need to find out more about it before I mix with it.That and the fact the shipping on 1000ml 3mg was about as high as the cost of the product.:slight_smile: I am sure most of our questions will be addressed shortly as it is getting plenty of attention.:grinning:

1 Like

Here you go 1,3-Propanediol for sale

Also found a listing on EBay

2 Likes

Personally I agree with others about being in control of the mix. I think it may be a very good substitute for those of us that have a sensitivity to PG but I want to control the blend not be committed to only what they offer. I know @Walt_RealFlavors is looking into testing some flavorings in this.

2 Likes

1,3-propanediol is considered to be of low hazard to bodily health by the Cosmetics Database. The National Library of Medicine classifies this ingredient as a skin and eye irritant and study has shown that inhalation of the compound as an aerosol poses no significant risk (Informa Healthcare).
https://www.truthinaging.com/ingredients/propanediol

On this page http://thetoxicfreefoundation.com/database/ingredient/13-propanediol there are some run downs on flash points in comparison to Pg 1,2 and composition structural changes if you care if not scroll mid way to see the boiling points and melting points.

I have a Chinese line of flavor concentrates that use pg 1,3 in them instead of 1,2 they are so potent I can’t use over 0.05 of them I’m not joking so I have no idea whether the pg 1,3 would bother me the way pg 1,2 does.

6 Likes

Thanks Amy and after reading both links it makes me think even more that this could be a very good substitute for PG. Personally I would like to try it but also would like to have control of the viscosity of the juice not be locked into what they are selling.

It is kind of expensive but in the overall picture I don’t think it would add that much to say 30ml of juice at a viscosity equivalent to a 20/80 or 10/90 blend.

Thanks for posting the info for us.

3 Likes

Yes, those were the only 2 I found as well. However, I am leery of the bay one, not enough info on their manufacturing or where it comes from for me to feel safe. Similar concerns with the Etsy one, although they do seem to sell a lot of diy products, and they are also located about 2 hours away from me. Might have to research that one a bit more. Thank you for the links :smiley:

2 Likes

MakingCosmetics from the Etsy listing seems legit. They have an A+ rating on the BBB and been in business since 1997, and have very good reviews. Might give them a shot.

EDIT: BTW found it’s less expensive if you actually go to their website vs purchasing on Etsy :wink:

3 Likes

Hey @VaporBase! First off welcome!

Just wondering if you can confirm that you are using USP-FCC?

If so I think a combination of our products could be great together.

3 Likes