Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

First off I want to thank you for posting this. It isn’t easy being the one to bring attention to things even if they need to be. I was testing out my batches that have been steeping for about 3-4 weeks now and I kept thinking each time wow it is really harsh kept thinking maybe it’s the flavoring well the majority of the flavorings I used are REAL FLAVORS and We all know they are far from harsh and I did not use them at a ridiculous ratio either I taste them just fine in the 3-8% range.

This lead me to reading each post trying to think what is up with my batches they all have this peppery burn to them…( bing lights comes on and I said that’s nicotine …what I have the 3mg/ml blend ???) I come across your posting which btw scared me senseless I immediately thought oh hell have I been vaping 100mg/ml straight …quickly I got out my nic test kit and did the lightest batch I had which is pretty clear. I test it and the test has a 0-1mg +/- margin of error well it read 16.23 I have tested plenty of Nic since I used to exclusively use 100mg/ml but have gotten away from it now. Anyways, 16.23 is what I was vaping no wonder it was harsh and did not taste good.

So here is another account of this company not getting the Mg/mls correct ppl Please test your bases. I did all the necessary things I was supposed to do shaking included. I kept thinking each time I used it I did not feel well afterwards and chalked it up to me being sensitive to pg and all that…it was the nicotine. I vape 2-3mg I am not a sub-ohmer my nic usage is super duber low so yes it is a no wonder I did not feel good afterwards.

I am not trying to bad mouth I am just bringing additional awareness to an issue that has already been brought up.

I don’t wish to use this product I don’t feel it is for me. I don’t want you guys to not enjoy the product I just want you to be safe.

13 Likes

Well I can’t blame you for not wanting to waste. I did dump all my mixes just done w/ it. I knew I kept feeling funky. Guess I’ll stick w/ 0 nic for a few hours and it’ll be behind me.

I won’t be using anymore of it.

4 Likes

Amy, I’m sorry to hear of anything like that happening to anybody. I am glad you are OK, and that the mistake wasn’t more severe. I think we all had hopes for VB as a good alternative to PG. I’m not as PG sensitive as you, but I am to a degree.
I think this puts the final nail in the VB coffin for me. Time to bury it.
B

5 Likes

I’m just grateful you posted. I woulda never thought to test it idk y but I’m glad I did. This is a mistake that can’t be undone for me. I Diy so I know what I put in my juice at what concentrations and which ingredients I shoulda known from the get go that it wasn’t guna be but I was holding out hope.

Figures the batches I enjoyed with the VB were the ones I had it diluted with half vg half vb therefore the nic was at a more reasonable level. 16 mg is too much I haven’t vaped that since I started vaping which was on 12mg/ml almost 3 years ago.

5 Likes

Beginning to sound like a low budget horror movie.

5 Likes

Sounds like a Nicotine test kit is a new mandatory item for DIY
…out of stock at BCV currently

7 Likes

We witnessed Brad hold his tongue about his problem, but finally came forward because the error was basically on the nicotine dose being a mystery. That can never be.

This would be like going to the store and buying Tylenol and the label read “250 ~1250mg tablets …take 1/4 of one ~ 2 tablets as needed for pain” Accuracy in dosage is non-optional. It is the thing we base our consumption on, the simple faith the label is correct …but I’m being Capt. Obvious. The real Kudos go to @bradslinux for keepin’ it real when it was uncomfortable to do so. Bravo sir :clap: Bravo

And Amy! …for once I am at a loss for words …sending spouse approved Internet hugs …I guess we can say …luckily it was only 16mg [mind blown]

5 Likes

@bradslinux and @Amy2 Thank you both for telling your stories here.

This place we all call home is truly the most amazing place there is with everyone looking out for one another. I sure do hope anyone using VB will test there nic level before using any more.

This news is very disappointing I truly had high hopes for PDO being the answer for PG sensitive folks. Sadly it is looking more and more like Liquid Labs just can not be trusted.

3 Likes

OMG thank god it wasnt even higher…

3 Likes

Yes thankfully it wan’t. Just be careful I am not trying to scare anyone, but if it happened to Brad and to me just think about how many others there can be that vape higher ratios of nic and are more adjusted to it, they can be really getting a lot more than they asked for.

2 Likes

Forget careful im not ordering nothing from them, that was me knee jerk reaction to what was sent to Brad after the take a picture so I can see what the nicotine is… the fact that they sent you a much higher nicotine than was labelled was the final nail in the coffin… I wont deal with a company that doesnt have proper quality control when dealing with something as dangerous as nicotine can be. If that had been 100 mg you could have been very seriously injured by it :frowning: As for it possibly being the answer to pg sensitivity it may well be the answer just not the pre-mixed stuff from them. Im sure we can find another source.

2 Likes

and im taking a test kit on my next order of flavourings as this is a wake up call for me that I really should be testing

3 Likes

Real flavors pdo line I will try eventually

2 Likes

Same here. I’ve been lucky and still trust Nicotine River which is where I get my nic. But safety is safety.

As a side note - I got the zero nic VB but for my free sample it was the 3mg. Remember saying how it amplified the Toasted Almond I was using which can be a bit harsh in higher concentrations. Now that I’ve seen this maybe it wasn’t the flavoring at all. I don’t own a test kit and at this point there’s not enough of the sample left to say grace over. But it would certainly seem plausible that the nic in the sample was much higher than 3mg.

1 Like

Wow. Don’t really know what to say other than I’m so thankful everyone is ok. I had ordered the 0mg sample, and I think it was correct as I didn’t get ill with testing.

Guess I’m one of the lucky ones. What mg VB did you originally order @Amy2?

2 Likes

Ooops, never mind. Reread your post and realized I missed the 3mg/ml part. And you had diluted it 50% with VG too and it was still 16%? No wonder you got so sick the first time you tried it before even diluting it :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah I trust my source as well and know others who have tested the 100 mg from there for accuracy (im using the 50mg, since im paranoid and figure if im going to have a freak accident better with 50 than 100 lol) but im going to start testing it just to be sure what im dealing with better safe than sorry.

2 Likes

No No I diluted it w/ vg previously and it tasted ok but the ones I vaped that were just VB are the ones that made me sick. Technically even the diluted made me sick after a lil while of trying it but I said uh must be the sensitivity thing.

1 Like

And this right here is why SOME parts of regulation is needed.

Ducks and looks around wildly, cringing and waiting for the fists

3 Likes

Personally I think self regulation works pretty well vapers tend to catch these things and are vocal about them… Government agencies only catch these things after things go wrong as well . Besides they seem to want to over regulate the whole industry.

3 Likes