Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

3 Likes

Very concise way of summing things up !

3 Likes

Trying to look at the positive side of this we do have 1 test confirming the nic level was accurate.

I truly hope that @bradslinux and @Amy2 's cases are very isolated incidentā€™s but when dealing with a substance that could be life threatening I believe that calls for some extreme measures to be taken immediately to make sure no more product is shipped out containing nicotine before a solution is found to fix the QC problem.

I also think that testing or just dumping product on hand currently would be a necessary step and while it would be expensive it would certainly be far cheaper than ending up in court.

Heading in the direction of making straight PDO available for sale may be the answer to keeping some customers happy while you get the rest of the issues sorted out and getting back on track to winning back everyoneā€™s trust in your ability to deliver a safe product.

4 Likes

I totally agree if you have not already done so. This would be a great first step before any more product containing nicotine gets shipped out.

1 Like

Absolutely. This also brings to mind a question that I had when I received my sample in the mail. @VaporBase Are your bottles being mixed individually or is there a large batch that is being made and then divided out into the individual orders? I was wondering because when I got my bottle, there was a made by date sharpied onto the label, which was the same date that I placed my order. If each individual order is being made separately, I could see where problems could come up a lot easier than if a large batch was made, tested, given a lot number, and then split down into the smaller sizes.

6 Likes

Havenā€™t purchased yet, but every company Iā€™ve purchased nicotine from has a disclaimer on their site suggesting the customer test nic before using. I would guess Liquid Labs has this as well along with testing kits.

I just cruised through their site. The only disclaimer/warning I found was this:

I couldnā€™t find anywhere that suggests testing the VB before use.

1 Like

I found the answer to my question.

@VaporBase Iā€™ll say it again now that I have my answer. I think itā€™s been proven here by @Amy2 and @bradslinux that this is a dangerous way to go about mixing your product. Large batches that are each tested and numbered should eliminate this problem.

2 Likes

Then Iā€™m wrong. They should pass the blame like other vendors back on the customer. That good business, protect the money screw the customer.

This point canā€™t be stressed enough! It doesnā€™t matter who your nicotine base supplier isā€¦ Always titrate your nicotine base before you use it! :wink:

6 Likes

The place I buy mine does not sell test kits or suggest testing itā€¦ these are the warningsā€¦ the same warnings are on the bottle along with instructions for washing if it gets on your skin and to seek immediate medical attention if its ingestedā€¦

100mg Nicotine per ml FOR DILUTING and MIXING ONLY.

Do not touch, Do not inhale.Always wear gloves when handling.

ALWAYS store in childproof container where children and pets CANNOT get to this product.

DO NOT USE WITHOUT DILUTING!

1 Like

Iā€™ve never tested any of my bases, but I think I can tell if itā€™s in the ballpark, and there was nothing obviously off about my 3 mg sample.

Re: test kit availability - if you look at the description of the test kit at Wizard Labs, they list all the components (the most obscure being available at any pool supply shop) and the procedure.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s good advice. Iā€™m embarrassed to say that after all this time doing DIY I havenā€™t done this yet. But I will!

I was about to engage in more smartassery by comparing this to the pharmacist, where you never worry if they mixed their suspensions properly, etc. And even though I want to hold distributors of nicotine products to that high of a standard, itā€™s unfair. Maybe when Liquid Labs or NicSelect has skyscrapers in every major US city but until then, theyā€™re just trying to make it in business like the rest of us. Still, caustic commentary aside, any error is unacceptable.

8 Likes

I also jumped the gun and ordered a gallon of 0 nic. I have a couple test batches the 70/30 VG/VB. I was hoping it would enhance flavors. I hope this works out in the long run .

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure it will. I also must say that despite my hostility (I prefer righteous indignation) in previous posts, Iā€™m not completely disappointed with VB. As Iā€™ve stated Iā€™m not interested in having to relearn my flavors and on that point I feel it would be necessary to do so. But for those with PG sensitivity I would definitely recommend the VB - especially the zero nic.

4 Likes

Some mixes it has enhanced while others have been muted . @A_B_Dada posted lots of great info about his discoveries that explains more than I have been able to find anywhere else. It would be great if we could get a list of flavors that it works with.

3 Likes

Where did he post the info? Was in in this thread and I just donte remember? I would love to see his results please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In this thread is where I saw what he posted

EDIT: Back at post 352

4 Likes

Yes its in this thread if your on a computer hit ctrl f on your keyboard to have the search on page pop up then search @A_B_Dada to jump to themā€¦ was post # 352-354

4 Likes

Thanks
I was scrolling back looking when you posted it.

3 Likes