Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

3 Likes

OK. Mixed up a small bottle of Third World Custard, a popular and well loved custard last night. As well as Pistachio Fluff Ambrosia, which is fairly complex with around 10 flavors or so. Dropped the flavoring on both by 20%. Figured I will give them at least 3 days to steep before trying.

I’m hoping to find the steeping time much reduced, I really don’t think they will be ready in 3 days. But even 2 weeks would cut the time in half for my much loved custards and desserts. We shall see…

Has anyone else received their samples and/or purchases yet and tried the Vapor Base? I’m curious to see what other opinions are on it and what discoveries are made :smiley:

4 Likes

I have received my sample but haven’t had a chance to try it out yet. I’m up to my ears in juice and 5ml sample testers but I’ve got more I need to do. Hoping it’ll happen next week. :wink:

2 Likes

Today is a Dump and Clean day for me where I’ll go through some of my hideous creations and dump down the drain, clean the bottles and be ready when my product arrives. Will make several SnV that I like so with luck I can chime in soon. Depends on how fast the stuff gets here. [quote=“wvsanta, post:132, topic:67470”]
I still have concerns about using a base as thin as this is described to be.
[/quote]

Going out on a limb here bud - I be you’re going to love it. For whatever reason you’ve added distilled water I’m thinking you’ll be thrilled with it…just going off what I’ve read. Hope my hunch is right.

4 Likes

@daath

Lars, are you planning to make a Vapor Base selection in preferences that can be used in place of VG and PG for base liquid?

4 Likes

I am expecting to receive mine tomorrow. I ordered the 6mg nic with plans to split it 4 ways (end result = 3 X 10 ml @ 3mg and 1 x 15ml unaltered at 6mg) and add some VG to the 3 5ml 6mg samples to get to 3mg …with enough room for flavoring. That should give me a good idea re: viscosity and flavor with/without VG.

@MysticRose has good suggestions along with @SthrnMixer with the goal of testing to determine how it also affects steep time. I’ll probably make a Grant’s Custard with the 15 ml 6mg unaltered …a Grant’s Custard with 1 VG/PDO 10ml 3mg and some SnV with the other two. Agree with the drop of flavor % by 20% hmm maybe I’ll make a Grant’s Custard @ full % with one. The Revolution starts NOW~

6 Likes

I ordered a sample on Wednesday, so I’m hoping it’ll show up any day. Probably won’t have time to do any tests til next week, but as soon as I do I will post up.

3 Likes

My gallon hasn’t arrived yet so it will be next weekend before I can get to mixing.I do promise to post results as I go.

1 Like

According to the USPS site, my 1000ml should be waiting for me at the door when I get home… I will give a few tried and true recipes a shot and will report back on a couple of “shake and vapes”.

Right now I’m ordering from RealFlavors (damn that Strawberry Shake flavor, hook… line and sinker for me) like a mad man since I’ve found that those flavors are really smooth and mild, hopefully the VB will allow some of that flavor more with the new base.

(Edit: Yes, english is my primary language… but boy does it have me on the ropes some day… proper grammar for the win.)

6 Likes

I just got my package today! UPS sure does take they’re sweet time coming across to the east coast! Enough whining! I bought 1000ml 100mg nic and 1000ml of 0nic. I whipped up a tried and true recipe (banana nut bread). I added my weighed out nic and flavors and then filled up my 30ml bottle with the 0nic vapor base. It seems like the thickness of the base is pretty thick. I have a gallon of zemea that I recently purchased so I have had propendiol before. I really like the smoothness it gives over the harsh pg. I’m not sure how much zemea they are adding but I definitely notice that it’s a bit thicker than my original bottle of zemea. Would I buy again? Yeah. I’m interested to see how the nic holds up in the freezer compared to my usual pure vg base. I’m not sure I notice using less flavoring or that steep times have lessened. I guess I’ve never taken that into consideration when using zemea. Can’t wait to hear others feedback :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got my 3 ml sample today. I was excited and all to see how this was going to work…I put two drops in a mix and shook it up then tried it in my tank took only a few puff…now I am having the same issues that I have with too much pg throats a little sore, chest is hurting ( feels like you have a cold in your chest type of burn ) doesn’t feel good at all. Makes me pissed I wanted this product to like me but it appears it doesn’t.

I did 2 sample tests to see if steeping will make a difference if I’m brave enough to try them in about a month.

2 drops per 10 mls
then a 1/2 vg 1/2 Vapor base batch if the other one seems ok after a steep. As of now how I am feeling it looks like it won’t be working for me, but I will give it time.

I still think I’m going to try this as 1 drop per batch in a heavy vg mix…I don’t want to give up.

2 Likes

Wow…you must be really allergic to the pg if only 2 drops in 10mls causes that reaction. I’m so sorry. I’m sensitive but nothing like you. Must make it really difficult for you to find flavors :frowning:

2 Likes

It was in a mix that already had 15% give or take of pg and that is my limit I go over it and I pay for it immediately I’ll start to show these signs but luckily there are plenty of good mixes I can stay well below my sore spot lol

1 Like

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Making me realize the only way to know is try it.
Thanks for letting us know.

3 Likes

I guess the real test is time I will still let the other experiments steep but as a Snv I can’t use it. Thanks and no problem it is what it is right. I still have trusted ol Vg

3 Likes

So you mixed your S&V with just the Vapor Base to test then? I know they said it’s to simulate 30/70, but it might work as it’s supposedly better for those of us sensitive. I will cross my fingers for you!!

2 Likes

Nope I just dropped 2 drops into a mix I already had made which was max vg 14/86 overall 17% that is with the Vg flavors. I put the VB in that mix shook it up and put it in a tank the juice wasn’t fresh it was made 2 weeks ago and I have been vaping on it just fine it’s a mixture of strawberries basically all one profile of SBs but different vendors. So it boggles me as to why it was so harsh and bothered me, like I was vaping on the juice prior to this yesterday and it was fine so it has to be the VB it’s the only thing that has changed. My fingers are crossed still too. thank you !

2 Likes

I am not an Rn, but I use a stethoscope almost daily. Would you like me to fly up there and take your vitals?
No charge…because I care. But you most likely would not want to hear my diagnosis.Not allegy-wise…
so I will just clam it. I do care though.
[I will be in the Puget Sound area in October] and I can take your temperature… :koala:

1 Like

Uh Ozo you had best keep that thermometer to yourself per our other convo LOL I am fine I have a RN right beside me he’s been a nurse longer than me ( well by 1 year :wink: )

How sweet you are !

For those that are lost see vapeNW discount thread lol

@ozo what will you be doing in the Puget sound area come this October ? Sorry if I am being too nosy.

1 Like

I would still come…you know, for a second opinion.
I wouldn’t offer for just anyone…if I could remember who I made the offer(s) to. [teehee]

The babies outside [even inside] don’t seem to judge me (much), and much less since the invention of the infrared thermometer…[before I needed to lift their tale for a true reading]…

To keep this thread intact [per my interruption]…
VapeBase may have been an awesome help in the 1000’s of times I needed great lubricity, not to mention my days as a gynecologist,…

1 Like