[Local] Industry [is a] Scam

I feel you all the way man… hardware is way to expensive in SA…shipping isn’t that high to justify…wheres this new store?

2 Likes

There’s 2 stores I’ve discovered in Centurion. One is HDcables whose prices on flavourants are good, R30 for 10 ml but they’re very strong so don’t go over 8% until you’ve done a bit of experimentation. Their Samsung batteries are super cheap as well but there’s not that much of a price dip on mods. They also stock Ethyl Vanillin if you make you own juice. The other place I located is Rainbow Warehouse in China City on the Old Jhb road, Be aware that the store is outside so don’t get lost in the maze trying to find it in the actual complex itself. I bought a Pico there, out the box, brand new, for less than half the price of the Sinoville shops. But no slurs intended but check the mod in the shop. Their juices are incredibly cheap, R30 for 30ml but I haven’t tried any so don’t go overboard until you’ve tested one or two. Another place where the prices are not too outrageous is Three Monkeys in Danie Theron St in Pretoria North (in the square where the Big Bite sign is), nice folks and you can negotiate. Their prices are also pretty good.

1 Like

Epic, you got some sweet options there in Jozi!, not much in PE… thanks for the info, really appreciate it… for DIY concentrates I sometimes use vapehyper.co.za for price, R28 for all TFA and FA, thats respect, free shipping also …and hardware, I just gotta keep a look out for online sales…on the topic of scams, I think ejuice should not be more than R80 for 30mls …600% profit is just overkill as a starting point even for a '6 month recipe in a sterile controlled business setup…Id buy premium juice again if it didn’t cost R2000 a month WTF lol …its a sad kind of funny

2 Likes

All those guys except three monkeys do online on bidorbuy.co.za so you can
check them out there. How’s the Bay these days (I come from there :p).

That’s a damn good price!

Yes sir! And it’s damn good juice. I’ve paid a lot of money for juice that
sucks and was skeptical at first but every flavor so far is better than any
mainstream product.

Budget Vapors!!! Longwood FL

Cool thanks, will check that out… nice :slight_smile: alls the same, a classic 6 months behind with a moist sea breeze :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just have to ask @filledb did you smoke before vaping?

I find a lot of what you are saying comes down to choices vs. needs.

Yes, we all spend a lot on things to vape and maybe are not saving money compared to the cost of smoking. Lots of people are spending more, but it’s all by choice. To vape, you said you can make your own juices and coils. You only have to buy the essentials that you need and anything beyond that is your choice to buy (more flavors, pre-made juice, another mod, etc…). It’s not the same as needing to buy a pack of cigarettes. That addiction gives you no choice but to spend extremely high amounts of money.

I would be more concerned about calling out the tobacco industry than the vaping industry! We are constantly having to justify how much better vaping is for us. So, by saying the cost of juice is a scam, I feel you are disparaging vaping.

If you smoked, and now are vaping, congratulations! Be happy that you kicked it! You can choose not to shop at a store if you feel it is overcharging. You don’t need to buy any juices, you can choose to buy them if you want. But if you choose to do that, no disrespect, then you should not complain about the cost.

4 Likes