Location location! - illinois :)

Looks like you are 3.5-4 hours local central.:+1:

2 Likes

Not too far either. Since none of us are really not that far, when and where is our ELR get together?

3 Likes

I was born in Normal Illinois.Does that count??Just a flat lander lost in the mountains of Bethlehem Pennsylvaniaā€¦

2 Likes

That should happen! Someone needs to hit the lottery so they can host it lol

2 Likes

Hmmm, looks like we wonā€™t be having one then if we have to hit the lottery as a prerequisite

3 Likes

Maybe if we sell some of our juice we can band together and make it happen :slight_smile: better yetā€¦ How about an ELR lottery pool lol

1 Like

This has been mentioned. I think it would be fun, but also there would be a lot of disappointed folks that couldnā€™t make it. But I put together a picnic in the park one time on a Mustang forum and had 19 Mustangs show up from up to 300 miles away. It was a lot of fun, and it was a helluva car show :slight_smile:

So it doesnā€™t have to be something expensive. Something simple would be fun. There are a lot of people here in the midwest that would probably love to go. I think Kentucky would be central to a large number of folks here.

3 Likes

I would be happy to join in if we could get something set up!

Since most of us here are older, maybe we all could just meet up at the nursing home?

3 Likes

I will bring the chess board and use flavor bottles as the chess pieces

2 Likes

Iā€™ll bring fiber bars and toilet paper

2 Likes

i grew up in Chicago Heights. my mother still lives there.

2 Likes

I may be cheaper if we met up at a major hub/airport city location. Like LAS, DEN, PHX ect.

1 Like

I still have a lot of family that lives on the South side of Chicagoā€¦ I donā€™t like getting shot at so I donā€™t visit very often lol once I graduated high school I was out of there asap

3 Likes

i was working as a contractor for Comcast on the south side for 3 1/2 years. i seen a lot of stuff. everyone was pretty cool towards me bc i was just there working; but when a tech got shot in south shore, then Comcast started stopping services to a bunch of area and declared them unsafe, i started thinking ā€¦shit may seem cool ā€¦till it aint. then i quit and moved to Tennessee. way nicer here. ā€¦and not cold and windy 200 days a year

4 Likes

I lived in Wi for 3 years then the Mrs and I moved back to Illinois last year got better jobs and purchased a houseā€¦ The small town life is way better and we are closer to family her side lives closer to us Iā€™m still well away from the city of Chicagoā€¦ Its funny how the atmosphere changes when you get out of cook county lol

2 Likes

i never was much of a city lover. i grew up on a farm with my grandfather in Ewing, IL. when he passed away i was 16 and my mom moved us to Chicago Heights bc jobs were better there (she is a nurse). i delt with it okay, but not into all the concrete. it took me a while to save up enough dough to get out of there (bc believe me, Lynchburg Tennessee is NOT where you come to grow a bank balance). got some land here and built a house (more like a cabin, lol). but itā€™s beautiful.

3 Likes

So In light of a fair amount of new members Iā€™m bringing this thread back to life :slight_smile: did I acquire any new neighbors??

1 Like

Just across the little pond. Michigan

2 Likes

So I noticed a few people where talking about a meet up, I would definitely be interested in something like that! I was also thinking since we are all over the world different people could host different events in different areas of the world. They wouldnā€™t have to all be at the same time or anything fancy just meet at a park and have a meal, play some games and talk! You lose so much in text.

2 Likes