Looking for a new RTA

Hey vape fam! 3 year vaper here and I am looking to get a new RTA. Currently using Uwell SE1. I do have a good amount of experience at building but do not consider myself a pro by any means. Before the SE1 i was vaping on the Griffin 22mm but hated building on it because of the little metal ring that is supposed to go around the wicks. I miss the flavor and vape that i get from RTAs so im planning on picking one up. Im currently looking into the OBS Engine. Is it any good? or is it all hype? open to suggestions as well. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

No it’s a great tank, no hype and I recommend you get at least 2 of them. You will be glad you did.

4 Likes

It’s a great tank if you put the right build in it.

2 Likes

Throw in a 26awg fused clapton, or even a clapton and the flavor is awesome. No leaks at all is also a massive bonus.

3 Likes

ill keep that in mind. How is it in terms of leaking? i know its a top airflow tank but just wondering if itll leak if its on its side.

1 Like

haha thanks you just answered my second question! :+1:

1 Like

I never leave it on it’s side so I don’t know lol

2 Likes

The Obs is ALL THAT, I love it, easy to build on, never leaks, great flavour and surprisingly frugal, that and the Serpent Mini were my fave tanks of last year. :+1:

5 Likes

It won’t leak on it’s side, maybe if you leave it completely upside down.:wink:

2 Likes

Question about the Griffin 22. Did you take the metal ring off, wick and then put the ring back on?

1 Like

I usually do but sometimes i get lazy and leave it on haha

1 Like

AWESOME! Thats good to know thanks! :+1:

1 Like

My two favorite tanks are the Smok TF-RTA and the Griffin 25 plus

4 Likes

I never take it off. If I ever do take off again it will be to toss it in the trash.

The reason I asked about the ring is another tank that uses the same ring but is great on flavor is the Smok TF-RTA. G2 deck has good flavor and the G4 deck has incredible flavor. Vapor range has the TF-RTA for $5.95 and free shipping. Flavor wise it’s my favorite RTA.

Second in flavor for me is the Griffin 25. Same ring as the 22 though.

The OBS Crius has good flavor as does the Engine, however, I don’t think the Engine lives up to the hype. I seem to be in the minority on this though. DrChud has been giving me some help on trying to get my flavor up on the Engine. I use the Engine daily but it’s my least favorite RTA for flavor.

TF-RTA
Griffin
Crius
Engine

3 Likes

I was looking at the griffing 25 but since i already have the 22 i wanted to look at other ones. I completely forgot about the TF-RTA and for the price i will most likely end up grabbing one to just try out. As for the engine, i really like the top airflow/leakproof design.

2 Likes

I’m really trying hard to love the Engine. I’ve tried three or four different builds on it but haven’t had great luck. I’ve had a few other issues with it as well but flavor is what I’m seeking.

Even saying all that I think everyone should get one that has or likes RTAs. The design is brilliant.

2 Likes

thanks for the great feedback and options!

2 Likes

The griffin 25 still has that bastardly ring to deal with and the griffin 25 plus is a leaking whore. The OBS engine is really great and even better if you buy two or three

2 Likes

You sound a lot like me. I cursed that ring for a long time. Then I stopped taking it off and life got better.

4 Likes

I did the same thing you did and just left the ring in place and stuff the wick in the tiny slots. The wicking on the griffin 25 plus takes a wicking wizard. Bitch has to be just perfecto every time or she will leak massively! After having fucked with it enough I finally tossed it. If I happened to get it right, it’s a dream vape.

2 Likes