Looking for Input on a New Mod

Effin’ Andre the giant over there… :rofl:

3 Likes

You know what big hands means.

Big gloves

3 Likes

You need to see a man about a horse? :wink:

1 Like

Sorry but I know nothing of the Prism. Maybe I’ll give it a look though.

1 Like

Hi, sorry, I don’t-- Only one of their products I have is the SIrius

1 Like

If you do a lot of outdoor work or play in dirty wet dusty environments I highly recommend the Aegis box mod that looks like this…
Anyone who trudges through mud water and dust in their daily activities should consider this one. You can clean it by running water over it, so you will save a little on the damp cloths.
I won one and can say, it will be my primary mod for my next camping trip :smile:. <–period
some weirdo reviewed it here…

@Cutlass92 comes to mind when I say hard workers (and their wifes) need these mods because they are almost indestructable :wink:

5 Likes

@Cubano_v2 Does the metal plate around the 510 act as a heat sink for the tank? I am thinking that a lot of my problem with heat in my mod might be due to the heat from the tank transferring to the batteries. A good heat sink might solve this. Was noticing on certain mods (the Sirius, Prism, Think Vape Finder, etc) there seems to be an extra metal plate around the 510 (which mine does not have) that could be for heat dissipation or just aesthetics. Do you have any ideas or thoughts about this?

My mods wear a 30mm atty and it complements them perfectly. I have enjoyed the feel and performance of the iPV8, and so far the Punk too.

1 Like

@woftam Since you have both…what are your impressions when you compare the 2. I am starting to narrow it down, and these 2 are both in contention. It doesn’t hurt that I found both at decent prices(Vboy<$70, iPv8<$45). Which do you find yourself grabbing first? Do you like one better than the other?

The tc is very similar on both, the ipv8 is maybe a smidge easier to drive mostly due to the fact that there are less functions and memory features.

The vboy build quality is better imo - i have not found any issue with it so far, mind you it has not been used for a long time. The ipv8 did have battery door issues reported by some users (self opening) I have not seen this at all (the ipv6x is shocking).

So I guess if you want a mod that has a bunch of features and is well built - vboy is the answer (they can be found for around $55). If you want a mod that is a little simpler to drive but with less features and a smaller price tag then the ipv8.

Not really that helpful i know but I think you would like either one.

It is definitely helpful. Thank you. I have actually been leaning towards the Vboy, but not a huge fan of its looks. I guess that really shouldn’t matter, if it does the job. After all, the goal is to get of the cancer sticks for good. I just need something that is much more efficient, I am going through batteries pretty fast on this Smok. For a cheap intro into box mods, it has done its job relatively well, at least. When I started vaping again, I was still smoking and continued to until last weekend. Since I decided to set them down completely, I have vaped a ton. I need something that will keep up.

I have been seriously contemplating getting a 3 battery DNA, most likely the Think Vape Finder 250, but that would be well over $200 with batteries and a new charger. Any thoughts? I am fairly new to all of this and if I knew what I have learned since, I would never have gotten the Smok in the first place, though it was actually pretty cheap. I just don’t need to buy multiple mods when 1 will do the trick. Well, I will eventually want a regulated squonker as well, but that is another story.

Thanks again

Na sorry no dna mods here so cannot really give an informed opinion.

1 Like

No worries. Thank you.

If you’re looking for a 3x18650 DNA 250, then the Buster is a good, cheap option.
I have one and it’s super comfortable to hold and obviously works like any other DNA device.

I’ve got the Lost Vape Triade, DNA 250. Build quality as far as structural integrity is excellent. 510 Connector is excellent. The PCB is very accurate in all modes. Being a three battery device it is large in the hand and heavy compared to two battery or single battery mods. Batteries can be difficult to get into battery tray. I modified mine slightly to change that. Gunmetal paint well peal off of frame. Navigation is “clunky” with odd series of button presses to remember. Advanced functions such as setting TCR’s are accomplished via computer software and subsequently uploaded into device.

1 Like

I have a triade 250, sxmini g class, plus a vide variety of wismec, asmodus and smok devices. And to this day, anyone looking for alot of mod for their buck. Voopoo drag is the answer, you just cant go wrong. Its a workhorse and performs very well for the watt range you aim for. One of my absolute fav for 2x 18650 range.

2 Likes

Thank you. Several people have mentioned the Drag to me and I have read some good things about it. However, for some reason I am having a tough time the design aesthetics. It seems pretty boxy and I am not a big fan of silver boxes or the inserts they use on the black frames. If they made the black frame with the carbon inserts they use on the silver frame, I would be more inclined to grab one. That said, those aren’t deal breakers either since it seems to be a great box.

To me it seem to me like you got your mind pretty much made up but are just a little afraid that it is the best choice. Maybe as a final assessment you can write down the pros and cons you assign to each of the remaining contenders, but I don’t think there isn’t anything else that is going to help you further. The perfect mod isn’t out there

1 Like

Afaik they have new ones that is either silver or black, without the inserts. Not sure, but think they are called Voopoo Drag X007 or something. Basicly just a design diff from the others :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know it’s just me, but with so much gear out there I just couldn’t see myself vaping anything with ‘poo’ in the name. That’s not a knock on anyone, mind you. Just a funny choice of names.

2 Likes