LorAnn Flavorings: Does Anyone Like Them?

Lorann flavorings have been around for a really long time. I remember as a little kid, my grandmother had the little tiny bottles. They have been around before the invention of vapes.
I have quite a few that I have either ordered or bought at various stores like the candy supply store near where I live.
I’m sure they’re great for cooking or candy, but I haven’t had any luck in juice with them. They seem to taste strange and sometimes feel toxic even.Like their maple flavor for example. I don’t think that is safe to vape.
My flavor concentrates are separated by type, no matter what brand they are. I have over 160 different flavors not including the Lorann concentrates. I keep those separated from the rest.
I guess I would just like to hear some other people’s observations about this brand. Should I keep trying with them? Wizard Labs sells them which would indicate to me that people use them for e juice. Or maybe everyone tries them once and then writes them off? They don’t seem to be more potent than other brands but they taste like poison. I’m no expert mixer but I can make a decent juice. Do people use these?

5 Likes

yes and there a few that are extremely nice. Wizard labs sells flavorings for other uses such as food so be careful which u buy, peps have been stuck w/ them before. I would check the flavor list before u buy and this may help u

7 Likes

They have a lot of good flavors, like @worm1 says, check for the safest ones. Bull City has the handy feature of listing possible hazards in the flavors yet they let the customer decide if they want to buy it anyway. From my own experience they tend to be on the weaker side yet some are so good they’re irreplaceable. Their Cheese Cake is the only one I like. Cream Cheese Icing is wonderful in almost any bakery. Butter Rum is glorious but requires at least a 6 week steep and Watermelon Clear is one of my favorites too.

I remember this too! My grandmother had a large bottle of Menthol Eucalyptus for medicinal purposes. This is one that’s not meant to vape, lol.

6 Likes

https://www.lorannoils.com/e-cigarette-inquiries

1 Like

cool thanks for the lsit.

I have the clear watermelon! Cool.It smells nice too. Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it. I’ll have to try them, again.

3 Likes

I only have banana cream and cream cheese icing… they’re not bad flavors, but I’m not very impressed with them. The way people went on about LorAnn when I asked questions about them… maybe my expectations were just too high.

5 Likes

I have the cream cheese icing since it’s so popular, I never liked it and the steep time of nearly 2 weeks is also not something I consider great. I replaced it with a other brand that does a better job.

However I did use for the longest time, and still do use Lorann’s Bavarian Cream, in specific recipes. I like it better then the TFA version, it always adds a very nice vanilla note too it, without the mashing together all flavors kind of effect. It also doesn’t mute at higher percentage…

I haven’t tried their other flavors, or at least I can’t recall so that would mean that it wasn’t that spectacular or I would still be using them lol.

3 Likes

Curious and interested :slight_smile:
FLV Frosting anything like it?

2 Likes

I can’t tell you anything about FLV Frosting, because every time I am ordering flavorings, I mostly forget that one. It is on my list but my mind apparently acts faster then my reading skills lol

I use (WF) Butter Cream Frosting or/and (VT) Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. Of course it’s not even close to cream cheese icing from Lorann but I am kinda happy about that, since all I get is a in your face philadelphia cream cheese rather then a sweet sticky icing/frosting, which might of been great if that’s what I could taste from it :frowning: Not my favorite to vape cream cheese… Hence I stick with the WF and VT ones, much more versatile for me.

But I am going to order the new WF Mascarpone cheese and see how that compares or if paired with some of the other frostings/icings/yogurts/creams etc. it’s maybe possible to create a some sort of cream cheese icing that does have less steep time and be more realistic.

4 Likes

I use 0.3 frosting flv when a recipe calls for 1 CCI. I am sure they are very different but there are only so many supporting flavours I want in my stash.

4 Likes

May i inquire as to what you replaced LOR CCI with? Wonder flavors buttercream frosting?

3 Likes

Yep that one.

3 Likes

Yumm i pray they never added sucralose premixed into it WITF they would do that to some of their flavorings, really grinds my gears…

I agree a cream cheese can be created that blows LOR away. I have been experimenting with NF cream cheese lately and it seems promising… I had RF VG cream cheese but forget to test it and cannot locate it since recent move. I heard good things about the RF VG from @Amy2

5 Likes

I only have one the Cream Cheese Icing and I am not impressed

2 Likes

Just got this one in the mail! Any tips?

2 Likes

Not much experience with it myself. Tested in mixes at 0.5% and 0.75%. SF test was at 2% (but i moved and ill be damned if i can find that tester!)
It is slightly astringent nowhere near as much as RF cheesecake but strong nonethesless. In a mix im thinking it needs something to stand on , soften and thicken it (cream(s)) neutral creams like LB fresh or FA whip.

3 Likes

i like a few and cant live without a couple …

2 Likes

Lorann melon is quite good in the 2-3% range. Somewhat natural nondescript melon flavoring like that of a white flesh melon…

I can’t believe so many people replied!
So anyway, I tried the watermelon again. I tried a 3ml bottle because I didn’t want to waste mix. So, 3ml nic mix, 4 drops LA watermelon. It was not bad right off the bat. So I added 2 more drops watermelon and 2 drops TFA vanilla swirl. Oh yeah, I added 1more ml of VG to sweeten it out. It’s slightly perfumey but will be good after steeping. I think I have something there now. I was surprised. I’m actually vaping it right now.
I think a couple bad experiences ruined it for me in the past. Namely the maple and one other that I don’t remember. I think maybe it was marshmallow but I’m not sure.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, one of my favorites!