Lorann's Cheesecake opinions

I absolutely will. I haven’t used a flavor base before. I assume it still will require a 20 day steep at least to get it all blended with the PG and VG.

3 Likes

Your probably right about that!

2 Likes

yes the base still needs to steep

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Central Vapors Caramel Cheesecake, steeping since 5/28…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::nauseated_face::sob::skull_and_crossbones:️ I hope that throughly covers it!

2 Likes

Oh ya done deed lol! At least you’ll know it’s definitely finished!

1 Like

HIC has a pretty good “homemade” cheesecake filling & crust recipe on VU.
I’ve used it a couple of times recently on some WIPs & like it.

2 Likes

Thx for this @Howard_Hughes I’ll check it out!

2 Likes

It is a great base it takes about 3 weeks to really shine but boy is it worth it ! I also posted it under the base / one shot / flavor stone thread it is by Tex and I’d love for y’all to try it and rate it !

5 Likes

I am so grateful for finding that thanks to you! So worth it! And I still haven’t mixed it to juice. Just the smell is incredible!

2 Likes

I think you’ll be pleasantly pleased it is extremely good , some cheesecakes have a " footy " smell about them hate the name of that description but it pretty much nails it, this one is a really nice cheesecake sans foot :wink:

6 Likes

From the smell of it, I agree with you! And the term “foot” for the smell of most cheesecakes does nail it!! :joy: I can’t think of a better term!

3 Likes

How did your samples turn out? Taste like cheesecake or not really?

They were not very cheesecake tasting to me! I haven’t found one that I have liked. I am just going to use the base that Amy introduced me to for cheesecakes.

2 Likes

Ya me too lol! Thx for the update!

2 Likes

Also try adding a very very small amount of RF SC cheesecake maybe 0.08 or 0.17% it will add an authentic “sour” note. Also i have found Hangen italian cream compliments a cheesecake recipe nicely try 0.25-0.33%

6 Likes

No problem! Glad I could help!

1 Like

Awesome stuff this all will help create a nice cheesecake recipe! One thing I noticed about Loran’s is that it’s feels more juicy or watery versus creamy like it should! Made two recipes one cherries cheesecake and a plain one and both had that watery note which I found came from Loran’s cheesecake!

3 Likes

I know that actual cheesecakes come in so many different types, from the very sweet jello no bake cheesecakes to the vet rich, not as sweet high end types that you can buy, bake or order in a nice restaurant. The ones that I enjoy most are sort of in between these these different examples. They have a nice sweet creaminess and some richness more of a sweet flavor where the cream cheese really is a main flavor, if that makes sense? And I didn’t taste anything like that in the flavor concentrate options I have tried. But Tex’s base smells like what I am picturing in my mind. I STILL haven’t mixed it yet!!! (There has just a lot going on here to focus clearly on mixing), But I don’t think anything that smells so perfect could be bad :blush:

1 Like

if i use loran’s by itself , its the best cheese cake flavor in my opinion better then capellas

1 Like