Lost Vape Therion BF DNA75C Squonker Mod Review by Mjag

I sure will do a review of it but like you the Boxer I already have hardly gets used, more expensive than the Therion and not as nice. I may just skip the Boxer but it sure is tempting if I can get about the same amount for my Drone. The Rebels are very nice as well but then again those prices are a killer for a 3D printed mod. I think I am starting to convince myself to just wait for the Lost Vape offering…lol.

@anon45050679 you star, thanks my friend :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you very much @mjag

1 Like

Yet another nice one. Not my thing really due to it being regulated but nice work.

2 Likes

Thanks bro!

I picked up a mech squonker at the show you should really look into, the Ehpro Iguana, love this thing so far!

Not sure when it is set to release, sent them an email to ask but there off for Chinese New Year.

9 Likes

Great looking box. But silly name

2 Likes

that is such a nice lookin mod.man :ok_hand::ok_hand:

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful looking mod! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Sexy mod and great review.

That Iguana though!

4 Likes

Thanks everyone.

Yep, the Iguana may not be the best name but it sure is hot, like a supermodel named Broomhilda :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I’ve been considering this as well as the VT inbox drink with the DNA75C. I have to say that I’m a bit concerned abpout the power.I’m currently using a Lost Vape Halcyon with the DNA 200 chip and lipo battery. Wouldn’t even consider replacing it, but the chip is beginning to act kind of wonky. (shows battery dead everytime I open the mod to fill the squonk bottle, and sometimes won’t charge, or if it does, it only goes halfway… but only sometimes. )
My question is will I be happy with the power of the 75? I’m currently running a .25 ohm SS316L fused clapton build (2 28 wrapped with 34) set for 540 degrees (I like a warm vape) with the power set at 95 watts.
I love the DNA chip until it started acting up, but I had a DNA 200 powered Panzer tht simply won’t take a charge too. Done with Lipo batteries! Also don’t have the scratch at the moment to spring for a Boxer or Rebel squonk mod, so I’m eaning toward the Hcigat VT.

Any advice?

I purpose build for the DNA75C, usually single coil in the .35 to .45 range. It will give off a satisfying vape with the build you mentioned but battery life would suck.

The other thing to consider is the DNA200/250 is one of the most efficient boards, something like 97%. The DNA75/75C is a paltry 85% which may not seem too bad but your dealing with a single 18650 which is already going to be limited on run time at higher watts.

You may want to contact Evolv and see if your Halcyon is under warranty to send it in to have the board replaced and buy another Lipo. Other than that there is not a lot of DNA200/250 options for a squonk at the moment but expect new DNA250C squonks in the next coming months. If you can find a Lost Vape Drone that is an excellent squonker but hard to find.

For your situation I would wait, not sure if a DNA75C chipped mod will satisfy you. If you do decide to go with it the Therion BF already comes setup, no need to connect to escribe to get the most performance, have no idea on the Hcigar but there DNA’s in the past were just stock escribe, not even the battery profile was setup.

1 Like

@mjag
thanks for the info. i highly doubt that the halcyon chips under warranty. i think i bought that in early 2016.
i was leaning toward the hcigar vt because of price, similar looks to the halcyon, and to be honest, i don’t like the idea of removing the squonk bottle to replace the battery. on the other hand, with the fixed tube squonk system on the vt, it looks like a mess every time the bottle is removed. i’ve never tried one of the squonk refil bottles.
i’ve been kicking around the idea of one of the rebel squonk mods with either the dna 250, or even the j550 chip, but honestly, the price is too far out of reach at the moment, and i would want a less expensive learning experience before spending that kind of money on the j550 powered mod.
Definitely interested in seeing what comes out with the DNA250C in the near furure!

2 Likes

I have definitely heard good thing about the hcigar vt and almost bought one numerous times. I know boxer has the DNA250C dual 20700 squonk on preorder but ouch…$250 is a pass for me, will wait to see what else comes out.

How about a Geekvape Gbox to tide you over for a bit? The bottle sucks but there is a hack for it to add a soft silicone bottle, did that hack myself and it is a decent kit for the price.

2 Likes

I have an 2 Inboxes and I use them every day. Pulling the bottle isn’t a problem as I always have a tissue on me or nearby. I just fold it up, pull the bottle off as I angle the tube away from the body, put the tissue between the tube and the body and it’ll leak onto that. It seems every mod has one or two things that are a pain to some degree but we learn to deal with them. I’m thinking of getting the Therion despite the battery issue as I know I’ll get used to it quickly.

3 Likes

Good info, thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like