Low Carb/Paleo Anyone?

You should really go check out Aldi…closely.

3 Likes

Yes!! Definitely check out aldi.
Between bulk meat at sams and the rest at aldi you should be able to stick to your budget.

2 Likes

My own special breakfast concoction lately:

2 Likes

oh man, think I might have to give this try. I got all the ingredients except for the unsalted butter but I will just use salted butter and skip the dry salt he added:

Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter (15g / 0.53oz)
2 Tablespoons Almond Butter (32g / 1.13oz)
2 Tablespoons Almond Meal or Flour (15g /0.53oz)
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder (2.5g / 0.09g)
Salt to taste
1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Almond Milk (15ml / 0.5oz)

Macros for entire recipe:
Calories: 400
Fat: 38g
Net Carbs: 3g (9g carbs – 6g fiber)
Protein: 10g

Macros per 1 smaller English Muffin:
Calories: 200
Fat: 19g
Net Carbs: 1.5g (4.5g carbs – 3g fiber)
Protein: 5g

1 Like

Try checking out lo carb diabetic diet sites. Lots of diabetics are now using lo carb to keep their blood glucose levels low. Please note that this is not the recommended diet from the American Diabetes Association.

1 Like

Congratulations!

I lost 140lbs myself. I started at 351lbs with elevated liver functions from a fatty liver, high blood pressure, blood sugar reading in the 320s (type 2 diabetes levels), etc, in Sept of 2015. Started off on a doctor supervised VLCD (very low calorie diet) that required me to limit my calorie intake to 820 calories a day until I was down to 270. I could only eat these special shakes, bars, and soups the doctor gave me 7 days a week. It got very boring but I was determined to lose the weight, so I kept with it. Then I went on a low carb diet until I was down to 235. Then last summer I went off the diet for about 9 months and just watched what I ate and was able to lose another 10 pounds, but I wasn’t satisfied with that progress. So now I’m back on a low carb diet and I weigh about 210 with blood pressure, blood sugar, and liver functions all within the normal healthy range. When I was 350 I set the original goal to be just to get under 200 and see how I feel maintaining that. I haven’t been at that weight since I was a freshman in highschool. But now I’m thinking I can get down to 175-185 easy if I keep this up, which is probably what I weighed in 7th grade.

EDIT: I didn’t realize I was responding to an 8 month old post, but still congratulations!

4 Likes

Had to buy a new scale yesterday as my cheap $20 Taylor I got from KMart a year or so ago died. 2nd Taylor scale to die in 3 or 4 years. I went with a $30 HoMedics this time from Bed Bath & Beyond since the KMart down the road closed… 2.6 pound weight loss in 2 days :laughing:

Not sure if the old scale or new scale is right but I am going to assume it’s the new one obv since I have been sub 20 net calories and at a significant calorie deficit for the past week since I quit drinking (again, hopefully I don’t fall of the wagon again). The old scale was accurate the last time I went to the doctor and weighed myself right before going to my doctors appointment.

2 Likes

Went for an 11 mile round trip bike ride to the better health market yesterday to grab some things so I could make this and some other recipes - https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2016/10/keto-overnight-oats/

Another similar recipe page I bookmarked - https://www.ketoconnect.net/recipe/keto-oatmeal/

1 net carb and 8 grams of fiber for this mornings version. I will be making these often for sure as you can do all sorts of variants (I almost went for chunky almond butter instead of the sees to thicken it a bit more, and also considered some psyllium husk). I probably should have added some lite salt as there is basically no sodium in this meal but I went overboard on sodium yesterday and will probably snack on some cheese or summer sausage before lunch for some more protein.

1 Like

Always go with the lowest weight! :joy:

I put a fresh battery in my scale the other day and “lost” three lbs by doing so!! Fresh batteries, yo, so important for vaping and dieting! Lmao

1 Like

I made chicken crust pizza last night, oh my… so good! The “crust” tasted like a chicken nugget without the breading which was fine with me!

3 Likes

I bookmarked that recipe to try and also have this one marked to try since I always cook for just myself - https://www.ketoconnect.net/recipe/no-carb-pizza/

These guys have a lot of great keto recipes on their site and youtube channel that I follow. Another youtuber with lots of good recipes is this guy - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ9rtgneFVp0wiQWQedaShw

1 Like

I ran across the canned chicken recipe last night, I’m definitely trying that when I want to just make a smaller amount for myself.

1 Like

Gotta share a progress picture! The hubby and I got away for the weekend with NO KIDS so I decided I’d get a special new outfit for myself. When I got back into the low carb/keto swing of things in November I was floating between a size large and extra large. I’m down to a medium! I haven’t been this size since high school. I have about 25-30lbs left to go to get to my goal.

(pardon the messy suite and blurry mirror pic… Lol)

7 Likes

Holy shit! You look fabulous. Gorgeous. Fantastic. Beautiful.

Any other adjectives I have would probably need to be put in the freak flag Friday thread.

4 Likes

Haha! Thank you my dear, I feel fabulous!!

2 Likes

You are looking amazing Swit swooooo!! :+1::grin:

2 Likes

So I started making casseroles for the week and that has brought my budget back down to a reasonable level and made intake tracking a lot easier :joy: Bought a scale yesterday and stepped on it to see… 157.6!

I was at 172 when i first weighed around 2 weeks ago. This is crazy. I had my SO step on and her weight was right about where she weighed herself the day before on a friends scale so I would assume our scale is accurate. :smirk:

Today it was 156.0. That’s 16 pounds in just over two weeks.

3 Likes

I figured it was just water weight, but today after my shower it looks like my love handles fell off somewhere :neutral_face:

I’ll miss those guys :sob:

3 Likes

Wow @Vovonoko that’s awesome!! RIP to your love handles.

2 Likes

And congratulations to you! Your looking great!

2 Likes