Low Carb/Paleo Anyone?

Lol I approved you as soon as it popped up on my screen.

1 Like

Wait, thereā€™s Aldi in the US?

2 Likes

My wife and I are going to start the paleo lifestyle (not supposed to call it a diet) I bought a cook book called paleo nom nom gonna try some of those recipes. My wife has been doing this really tough diet where you eat like 500 calories a day and I joined her on the last round lost 20lbs in 3 weeks, but it SUCKED so we agreed to not starve our selves and just stick with the paleo program. Iā€™ve gone 3 weeks with no bacon or beer and Iā€™m a pretty grumpy bear. I will be starting paleo next week but I will enjoy some beers on the weekends.

2 Likes

hell with that. i dont do bacon often lately but if u want a drink try some vodka, bourbon or other spirit. 0 carbs ftw

3 Likes

Yup I go there all the time

3 Likes

This booze wench has given up beer, but Iā€™ll be damned if Iā€™m gonna give up my bacon! I think I probably eat a pound a week. :yum:

2 Likes

Oh yes! I love Aldi.

3 Likes

I have been on KETO for ages. The best diet ever!!! I am not trying to lose weight but be healthier.

also, who doesnā€™t love pork chops stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon and topped with moar cheese?!?!?!?!?

3 Likes

Yeessss! It really is amazing. I feel so good, never famished like I used to feel. And if a person is doing it for weightlossā€¦ well let me tell ya, the weight is dropping as fast as a dress on prom night! :wink:

4 Likes

You Americansā€¦:joy:

2 Likes

Bwahahahaā€¦I worked at corporate, engineering new warehousing for over ten years.
They are based [corporate USA] in Batavia IL and have strategically spread over the
Eastern USA [E of the Mississippi for the most part] since their induction to the market
[e
late 1980ā€™s +/-
The Albrecht familily are maybe the most honest, caring peopleā€¦I have met in my life.
[got some storiesā€¦like anyone would care]

2 Likes

Picsā€¦or you know whatā€¦it didnā€™t happen.

WTF everā€¦you always look good, wench. One of my ADVā€™sā€¦:smile_cat:

2 Likes

ā€¦of the weightloss or the prom dress? Cuz i didnā€™t take any pics of the dress after it droppedā€¦:joy:

Why thank you dear. :wink:

2 Likes

Congrats. Do you track calories in/out with a food and activity tracker? I have been tracking for a few years and was never too concerned about macros, just cals in/out and was able to lose 25% of my body weight. I am around my ideal weight now but up 7 or 8 pounds from my lowest weight. 5 or 6 of that is winter weight I put on since the weather turned and my daily steps went down dramatically so I consider that a win really, especially considering how much liquor I have been drinking (and drunk munchies I have been eating) causing me to go way over my daily calories in goal far too often.

I am going to give keto a try again.* I tried it once a couple years ago briefly but I had to stop because I was not getting enough fiber (i.e. I was doing it wrong). I have been paying close attention to my daily fiber now and done some more research on keto and think I can do it properly this time as long as I can force myself to eat low net carb, high fat high fiber snacks when I drink. Weather is finally starting to turn a little so I should be able to start walking more again soon and until it turns fully I think I am going to do some mall walking. Went today for a bit over an hour and was able to get most of my 10k steps goal for the first time in ages.

p.s. thanks for adding me to that fb group. I donā€™t post on FB, just use it to follow friends and family. I use my real name there so donā€™t out my real name on the forums if you know who I am on FB. :wink:

*30 net carbs today with 36 of 38 for my daily fiber goal but on my 2nd whiskey. If I go past 3 or 4 whiskeys I may want a snack. Trying to force myself to snack on nuts/seeds, or maybe chz if I am at/over my fiber goal, when drinking. already told my brother to eat some of my high carb foods and tossed out some things I knew he wouldnā€™t eat. have a keto centric shopping list set up for my next trip to the grocery store early this week.

2 Likes

Yep I do track my food. Macros (fat protein carbs) and calories. I try to get all of my carbs from high fiber veggies. That seems to work great for me.
I didnā€™t realize you were there, Iā€™m gonna have to go snoop! :wink:
And pork rinds for drinking munchies!

1 Like

ahhh pork rinds, saw that mentioned during some of my research, thanks for the reminder. added to my shopping list. I used to love them things but havent had them in a decade or two.

If you really care to know shoot me a message and I can tell you my name but I surely wonā€™t be posting in the group, just following along for food/recipe ideas to try and keep me on track.

1 Like

Congrats @VapeyMama thatā€™s awesome!! Iā€™m still holding at about the same. I need to get more veggies into my diet. Now that the holidays are over and school is starting to level into somewhat of a normal flow, Iā€™m hoping I can get back to a good meal schedule.

Iā€™m glad you resurrected this! Gives me accountability and motivation to quit cheating. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Have any of you noticed your sensitivity to nicotine changing after dropping carbs? I noticed my tolerance for alcohol went way down, and Iā€™ve been noticing over the past month that my 2.5mg juice seems very strong, itā€™s very easy to get a nic buzz (and itā€™s same nic Iā€™ve been using, so Iā€™m sure itā€™s not that I got an overly strong batch)! Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s the diet or just that Iā€™m ready to bump it down again like Iā€™ve already been doingā€¦ and Iā€™m totally not complaining! Just wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing.

I never noticed the nic issue but may have had some issues with the alcohol toleranceā€¦ I went full on bananas carb/calorie re-feeding too often lately after a few drinks (and drinking much too often doesnā€™t help) so I am trying to cut out all alcohol for a while and quit worrying about macros. Back to just eating healthy and watching my calories (set a 250 cal deficit in MFP but will be trying for more like 500 deficit) + making sure I get enough fiber while I try and cut 5 pounds of winter weight.

1 Like

I have been doing ultra low carb high fat for the last 2 months and have lost 20 lbs. Not a bad diet as you can eat all you want. I thought I would miss bread but so far have been doing well without the carbs. My body is feeling better and find I am more active. I will be 60 in May so its time or past time to get in better shape. My sister gave me this recipe and pretty yummy. There are carbs but if you only eat one a day its seems to be okay.

Coconut Flour Muffins
Ingredients:

1-1/2 cups of coconut flour (Whole Foods and some grocery stores)
1 Teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon of sea salt
12 eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup baking Truvia (grocery stores and Whole Foods carry this, in bags)
2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract
Optional: walnuts, pecans, or other nuts to taste

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, mix all dry ingredients together and set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat eggs and mix in melted coconut oil, and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Let sit for 3-5 minutes or until coconut flour has absorbed the liquid.
Scoop batter into paper muffin cups or greased muffin pan.
Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full of batter.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Let muffins cool before serving.
Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

1 Like