Low Watt Low Temp Flavor RTA?

If those things were not 24mm, I’d get me a couple; I love my 4ml Merlin (even at 23mm)… but all of my mods are designed around a 22mm base atomizer… Having an atomizer overhanging the edges of my mod is a drag for me. :unamused:

So, for those looking for new atomizers… don’t forget to check out the base diameter of the atty, should that matter, or if you’re a little bit OCD like some of us! :blush:

That is one of the things I like most about it, build deck choice.

It and the Merlin Mini are pretty close except for the anti spitback chimney insert which I don’t think the Merlin has.

Hands down, the coolest looking tanks I’ve run across! The Earth Ball is excellent looking. I figured they were conversation pieces, not performance tanks so I didn’t look too closely into them. Perhaps a bit more research is in order.

Good to know. I was a bit intimidated by the exploded diagram of the K5 mini but after watching some build vids I’m pretty sure I can handle it. Everyone who speaks about the Kayfun design says it is a work of engineering art and I certainly appreciate that kind of art.[quote=“Kinnikinnick, post:30, topic:125767”]
Having an atomizer overhanging the edges of my mod is a drag for me.
[/quote]

For me as well but my Nebula mod can take 25mm without overhang so no worries there. My wife’s Attitude mod is only 22mm so maybe a Merlin Mini for me and a K5 Mini for her?

Its times like these that I wish I was a vape reviewer so I could taste test them all for free!

6 Likes

Has anyone tried the Troll RTA? I has a 5 ml juice capacityand a dual coil deck.

2 Likes

Ya I am super ocd about tank overhang but sometimes you find a combo that just works and you can see past a little overhang.

11 Likes

This might help :grin:

4 Likes

It’s not that bad! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Just a little late. It’s an ok RTA. Right now my best of the bunch for low power is the Ammit single coil. But even with that I run about a 0.3Ω build. It takes around 40 to 50 watts available in TC to get a good vape @ 375°F to 425°F.

2 Likes

For a borderline tootle-puffer, if you’re wanting the option of a cigarette-tight draw, I can HIGHLY recommend the Ubertoot UTA2 (clone) Get the one with 60-something reviews, averaging around 4.7 (with good reason). I run mine at 8-12W and the flavour is on par with the Kayfun V5 Mini (8-15W), and Siren 22 (8-15W). I had to drill a smaller hole in the Siren’s AFC (1.4mm - would like it even tighter), and the KF5 mini I received today is an almost-too-loose-for-mtl-at-all draw which I will be throttling at the next re-coil.

In my search for a flavor RTA and build, ‘everyone’ said ‘start with 6 wraps 26G Kanthal as a good starting point’, or even a spaced 26/36 Clapton, but I found I couldn’t run any of my tanks under 20W which meant one 18650 wouldn’t last a work-day (well I could, but very little flavour and no throat-hit) It wasn’t until I went to thinner wires that I could run the ‘old-school’ Wattages and still get the flavour.

I use pretty much the same coil in all three tanks now - 30G SS316L 10-12 wraps (not sure exactly but enough to cover the air-hole) 2.5mm ID (3mm for the Siren), 1.8-2.1 Ohms (not actually important just interesting). They’re all easy-peasy to build on with the UTA2 just the teensiest tad fiddly @ 1.5/10 difficulty, compared to the Siren and KF5 @ 1/10 difficulty (compared to the UD Bellus with twin 2mm 8 wrap Claptons in the tiny chamber @ 8/10 fiddly)

So in summary - if you want very restricted MTL to very restricted DL, definitely the Ubertoot, airy MTL to restricted DL go the Siren, or very airy MTL to restricted DL, the Kayfun V5.

Scale - Very Restricted (VR), Restricted ®, Airy (A), Very Airy (VA)

2 Likes

I found it on fasttech, it’s a nice looking piece of kit! I’m not to keen on the plastic tank, due to some of the flavors I mix with but I’m not scared of using the stainless tank either. For $30 it’s certainly worth a try. The more I learn, the more I realize that coil construction and even placement can have a definite effect on the flavor. I was watching a review by Vic of Vaping with Vic and he pushed his coil down close to the air hole on a tank he was coiling. I tried it on my Mage GTA and it definitely gave more flavor. Right now I’m running 5 spaced wraps of twisted 32 ga. SS316 at 3mm and it ohms out at .67 and vaping it at 320F.

1 Like

It is a great piece of kit! :slight_smile:
Twisted 32G SS316L spaced coil was my favourite build for ages, but I got sick of ‘rebuilding’ the coil after pulling the wick through. I found if I used less cotton so it didn’t deform the coil, I got lovely bacon-frying noises and great flavour, but coils got gunked after only 3 days. Now with my 10-12 wrap 30G contact, I get a week minimum with not-quite-but-close-enough-to-not-make-a-difference flavour.

2 Likes

Yep, they do and it kind of sucks.

I’m going to try that, thanks!

1 Like

Cool - hope it works for you :slight_smile:

And 30G SS316L seems to have the perfect malleability for learning the right amount of cotton ie get as much through as you can without deforming the coil. When I got too much through the coil (too tight) and deformed then fixed the coil, I got dry-hits. If I didn’t get enough cotton through (too loose) I got bacon frying, yummy flavour, and only 3 days before gunking…

2 Likes

This just registered… smacks forehead. Do you have to space the coils again after you pull the cotton through, or do you use so little cotton it doesn’t deform the coil?

1 Like

I space the coils while they are on the turning jig. I just pull the coil out and then squish it back together and it rebounds perfectly spaced (most times). I do pull enough cotton through to move the coil a bit but if I pull the cotton back the other way a touch the coil goes back to it’s original spacing. Lately though, I’ve been wicking with hemp thanks to @therabidweasel and by twisting the hemp tight I can get a lot in the coil without distorting it and then just untwist and the hemp packs the coil. It seems to work well, I think, because hemp flows juice better than cotton does so there is less chance of a dry hit.

If you are interested in hemp wick…

3 Likes

the Ammit and Merlin are both great tanks…but there lots of great flavor tankls…I like a nano or a mini tank since the chimmney is not as long as a full size tank…now here is something to think on also…if you want a full flavor vape…think about a RDTA…does not get better than that for flavor…for a starter I would reccomend the the Vandy Vape Pyro…the flavor from that tank is in your face an loud…for me its just RDTA tanks now…plus dont have to worry much on leaks…most hold 3ml of juice…

i forgot to mention…The OBS engine nano is a great RTA…its a flavor machine…all these I mention can be vaped at low wattage…I vape no higher than 35 watts…most times in the 20’s

1 Like

Don’t mean to be a pedant but the OP asked for “Low Watt Low Temp RTA” and I can’t see how a 24mm tank with a “big build deck for large coils” is going to be “Low Watt”

I’ve had two Kayfun Prime clones for six weeks now. They are both producing the better flavour than my Siren 22 and Ubertoot UTA2 at 8-12W, Bellus with twin Claptons at 40-60W, and Serpent Mini with ‘stock’ twisted 28G at 15-25W, at 6.7-9W (!!!) with 11-13 wrap 2.5mm 30G 316L contact 2 Ohm 'ish coils

1 Like

I can’t seem to find the kayfun clones on 3F or fasttech… any ideas?

1 Like

Try searching KF instead of Kayfun. I think that works, at least at Fasttech.

Lawyer stuff

2 Likes

thanks 10 char

1 Like

BlackFriday2017 = 10% off today from 3FVape. :wink:

2 Likes