Low Watt Low Temp Flavor RTA?

Cool - hope it works for you :slight_smile:

And 30G SS316L seems to have the perfect malleability for learning the right amount of cotton ie get as much through as you can without deforming the coil. When I got too much through the coil (too tight) and deformed then fixed the coil, I got dry-hits. If I didnā€™t get enough cotton through (too loose) I got bacon frying, yummy flavour, and only 3 days before gunkingā€¦

2 Likes

This just registeredā€¦ smacks forehead. Do you have to space the coils again after you pull the cotton through, or do you use so little cotton it doesnā€™t deform the coil?

1 Like

I space the coils while they are on the turning jig. I just pull the coil out and then squish it back together and it rebounds perfectly spaced (most times). I do pull enough cotton through to move the coil a bit but if I pull the cotton back the other way a touch the coil goes back to itā€™s original spacing. Lately though, Iā€™ve been wicking with hemp thanks to @therabidweasel and by twisting the hemp tight I can get a lot in the coil without distorting it and then just untwist and the hemp packs the coil. It seems to work well, I think, because hemp flows juice better than cotton does so there is less chance of a dry hit.

If you are interested in hemp wickā€¦

3 Likes

the Ammit and Merlin are both great tanksā€¦but there lots of great flavor tanklsā€¦I like a nano or a mini tank since the chimmney is not as long as a full size tankā€¦now here is something to think on alsoā€¦if you want a full flavor vapeā€¦think about a RDTAā€¦does not get better than that for flavorā€¦for a starter I would reccomend the the Vandy Vape Pyroā€¦the flavor from that tank is in your face an loudā€¦for me its just RDTA tanks nowā€¦plus dont have to worry much on leaksā€¦most hold 3ml of juiceā€¦

i forgot to mentionā€¦The OBS engine nano is a great RTAā€¦its a flavor machineā€¦all these I mention can be vaped at low wattageā€¦I vape no higher than 35 wattsā€¦most times in the 20ā€™s

1 Like

Donā€™t mean to be a pedant but the OP asked for ā€œLow Watt Low Temp RTAā€ and I canā€™t see how a 24mm tank with a ā€œbig build deck for large coilsā€ is going to be ā€œLow Wattā€

Iā€™ve had two Kayfun Prime clones for six weeks now. They are both producing the better flavour than my Siren 22 and Ubertoot UTA2 at 8-12W, Bellus with twin Claptons at 40-60W, and Serpent Mini with ā€˜stockā€™ twisted 28G at 15-25W, at 6.7-9W (!!!) with 11-13 wrap 2.5mm 30G 316L contact 2 Ohm 'ish coils

1 Like

I canā€™t seem to find the kayfun clones on 3F or fasttechā€¦ any ideas?

1 Like

Try searching KF instead of Kayfun. I think that works, at least at Fasttech.

Lawyer stuff

2 Likes

thanks 10 char

1 Like

BlackFriday2017 = 10% off today from 3FVape. :wink:

2 Likes