Lung issues? Why am I just hearing this now?

In my country when we discuss these issues a beginner complained there are too many things to consider and all those are complicated one wanders about. I answered him that it was very simple

• Do you smoke?
  • Yes
  • Immediately begin vaping it is far less harming than smoking

Or,

• Do you smoke?
  • No
  • Stay away from vaping because it still is worse than breathing (At least 5% for what, we dont know about)
5 Likes

I finally talked to the source for this whole deal and I heard him wrong I guess. He said that vaping gave him a sinus infection and bronchitis and, if untreated, could lead to septicemia. Now thatā€™s cleared up, had anyone got a sinus infection from vaping? Or bronchitis? He only uses stock coil heads in sub-ohm tanks too. I mostly use rebuildables except for my Nautilus tanks and iCare and I feel like rebuildables are much more clean and sanitary.

3 Likes

Vaping may be a contributing factor, but I find it hard to imagine that vaping alone would cause a sinus infection. There are too many things that can lead to a sinus infection: colds, smoking, snorting drugs, allergies, air pollution, the list goes on.

He could try this stuff, I heard it helps reduce vaping side effects, might help with sinus infection as well.

7 Likes

Yea i dont think vaping could cause a sinus infection either. I think this guy is just paranoid

1 Like

7 Likes

Hmm that stuff is such a Rip off. I see people tripping over themselves to get that stuff. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::dash::dash::dash::eyes:

7 Likes

Some one else said it here as wellā€¦ As far as the coils, germs/viruses are gonna get nuked from hot coils. As far as the rest, I clean my vape gear thoroughly every time I re-wick or rebuild, or when I think it needs to be doneā€¦ Usually a couple of times a week. I live in a rural area and have extremely clean filtered well water. I would not clean my stuff with the shit that flows thru most city water systems as that stuff is about 2 shades away from toilet water anymore. But you can used distilled water and that should suffice. Get a small set of reamers so you can get into those hard to reach places and youā€™ll be ok. My guess is these kinds of insidious rumours are floated by big tobacco proponents as yet another attempt to drive nails into the vaping industryā€™s coffin.

2 Likes

There are people who are experiencing problems inhaling pg (it is really not so rare), but also with vg (this is more rare).
Sinus problems are symptoms.

Since I started vaping, I do have sinus issues (which I also had with smoking) that are directly related to the pg ratio Iā€™m vaping.
At times my lungs can also hurt, unlike what I had when smoking. Still, the benefits of vaping outweigh those of smoking for me, but yes, nobody needs to convince me that vaping isnā€™t for everybody. That being said, I will advise every smoker to give it a try. I do think itā€™s a great alternative for most smokers.

Just talk to anyone in the pharmaceutical world and they can confirm that even the most harmless drugs can be harmful to some. Not everybody is the same and you should never reason that because something doesnā€™t happen to you or your friends, that it must be bogus or fake news.

4 Likes

That kid needs something for Lice I believe :wink:

5 Likes

Yea just go get a powerade or gatorade same deal w/ the electrolytes ! Besides anyone who isnā€™t working up a sweat and exerting themselves should not be downing tons of electrolytes our bodies do just fine keeping it in balance most of them time.

2 Likes

Lmao at first I was like ā€œwhat kid?ā€ and then I figured it out! Some serious head scratching going on!

3 Likes

Lol. i think you missed the ripp trippers reference. :innocent::zap:ļø
:hatched_chick:
:zap:ļø
:duck:

3 Likes

Yes Oh Yes I did LMAO !!! :wink: such a DB to be a sell out ( him ) not u of course !

2 Likes

Negative SignMan. Over 7.5 years, no issues. I did get the ā€œQuit Sickā€ when I finally kicked the analogs to the curb, coughed like hell during the ā€œpurgeā€, but no issues regardless of the PG/VG/NIC.

3 Likes

I was the same way when I first quit analogs. I coughed up crap for a good month it seemed like until finally it just stopped. Lol the purgeā€¦thats a perfect name for it! Decent movies too

3 Likes

The one way I can figure that bacteria would be introduced, via vaping, is if the mouth piece is harboring bacteriaā€¦ the vapor coming off the coils quite hot, but does cool extremely rapidly. If the mouthpiece has a lot of gunk, and if the vapor cools to below 107 (average temperature of protein denaturation, or break down) and if he ā€œpullsā€ really hard, perhaps he may end up introducing bacteria to the air stream after the coilā€¦ but that is a lot of ā€œifā€™sā€. I am far more likely to believe that he got it from another source and then in a ā€œweakenedā€ state, needed to lay off vaping while his tissue healed. Lung and nasal tissue is delicate stuff and I know if I have a cough, I feel better faster, if I stop vaping for a day or so. I think the main message is clean your equipment once in a blue moonā€¦ LOL

I loved all the great info given hereā€¦ I am new to the online vaping community (I have been vaping since '14, but only just found out there were online forumsā€¦ in retrospect I should have figured there was) And so much of my information on various ā€œrisksā€ is pretty limited. Having this info to pass out to people outside the vaping community, who only hear the bogus ā€œstudiesā€ paid for by BT. Does anyone know of a dedicated thread, discussing, and debunking, the faux news stories. It would be great to engage the uninformed with real facts and data. TIA

2 Likes

Same happened with me back in 2014ā€¦ and oh my goodness, has it been a ride and a good time! I started with the ECF forum (very huge forum), then VU forum (very lax ECF type forum) and then found ELR (the forum for mostly sane people) and have been here (mostly) ever since! :sunglasses:

Enjoy your time here! There are many knowledgeable people here! :grinning:

Every once in a while you may catch some ā€œcommentsā€ from individuals on ELR who ā€œwoke up on the wrong side of lifeā€ :poop:ā€¦but, donā€™t let that slow you down from having a good time on ELR! Those individuals :poop:will fade away in time or just be ignored by the masses (best option!).

5 Likes

Well said brother! Favorite comment of the week!

4 Likes

I was the same as both of you guys except I started vaping at the begining of 15ā€™. I would search the web for questions I had and all these forums would come up but I ignored them for the most part. I mixed using ELR since the begining and didnt even see this awesome forum! Once I really got into vapingā€¦the hobbyist partā€¦thats when I tried the forums. Glad I did! ELR is my home base and the information I get is valued, the friends are even better.

7 Likes