Lychee by FlavourArt - What do I mix with it?

I was all excited to try this but it smells like soap? Not a lot of recipes out there. Any suggestions?

I think something creamy would go well with it - but I’m a total newbie to DIY and am just basing that on what I’d eat with Lychee lol :blush:

1 Like

@Amy2 has some lychee mixes… Not sure if she has FA though??

I haven’t tried it but mango and lychee sounds good together.

2 Likes

I guess I expected it to smell super fruity and it was - like I said “soapy”. I’m not averse to trying it but I can’t even begin to wonder at what percentage I might use.

1 Like

Try this one. I mixed it but without the sweetener and it wasn’t bad at all. Just give it a few days to settle down.

Wild Fire v2

Ingredient %
Honeydew Melon (CAP) 2
Kiwi (FA) 2
Lychee (FA) 2
Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA) 0.5
Watermelon (TPA) 4

Flavor total: 10.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
1 Like

Cool! Thanks!

Don’t know about 2% with Lychee. I get a perfume/fruit flavor from it also. You should start at like .5% and move up

2 Likes

I’m going to be using it in " Cherimoya Rabri " just need to find some time for mixing

1 Like

Mmmm … Cherimoya … :slight_smile:

never tried FA lychee, I would imagine it’ll play well with peach/passion fruit/Guava/Cherimoya as mentioned. Soapy doesn’t sound right though :confused: could it be a bad batch? I’d let it air for a bit, as if you were steeping it with the cap off

1 Like

Yeah, there is just something …not quite right. I will do that!

1 Like

I think I’ve seen the FA version used as more of a primary support flavor. Like a fruit ontop of lyche FA. Kinda how dragon fruit tpa is added to strawberry or taro to other things

1 Like

Hmmm… like cactus, just a dab? I think I will let it gas off in the cupboard and then think about this a bit again. Lychee is kind of on the exotic end of my limited American palette but I see it in some food recipes.

@Bogey_Again that recipe looks interesting. The Cherimoya is going to cost about $10.00, right?

BCV this weekend only 15% off Flavor Art and Inawera flavors,

http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u=b6bf989a0c1c89ca3b0e57512&id=ace45a3ea9&e=6c187442f6

3 Likes

I did get it recently a couple of months ago and keep forgeting to mix up substantial batches w/ it so I can see where I like it % wise.

Lychee @Maureeenie is a aquired taste kinda tropical kinda similar to dragon fruit but it’s a bit more tart than DF. Pairing notes citrus, ginger, gooseberry, tropical fruit, vanilla http://cocktails.about.com/od/mixology/a/fruitcombo_cktl.htm

If anything I’ve learned about Lychee is that steeping does wonders and the longer you leave it the better it gets and tones down some of the tarter harsher notes it can have especially when used too high.

3 Likes

Wow, thank you!

2 Likes

:grinning::slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah what Amy said. I really have it in my stash for recpi s that called for it. I wish I remembered which one. I mix so many recipes I often forget.

I think it’s more than a dash comparred to kactus inw. But for me I used cactus in quatinities of 0.1% to 0.6% for only a hint. Lyche I know I have it written down to use it a bit higher.

3 Likes

Cherry, Guava, Kiwi, Lime, Raspberry or Strawberry as the main ingredient with Lychee as a complimentary flavor would all be good

3 Likes