Magnetic mixer is awesome

I find the magnetic stirrer is great for mixing small batches up to about 100ml
I don’t think steeping time is dramatically improved by using the stirrer.
For turbo steeping I use a combination of 10 seconds in an Electric Blender followed by Heated Ultrasonic 50 Degree 15 Minuet Cycles. The blender cup can be removed and inverted to go in the Ultrasonic Bath
About 5 of these cycles per day over 2 days produces a nice vapable golden custard
I stop at two days of this treatment, and then bottle. Custard flavours continue to develop in the bottle

12 Likes

nice setup!!!

1 Like

It would depend on the bottom size of your container, as well as the mouth (you want to be able to get it out). I’d say get a small medium and large to accommodate any size container. It also helps to have two as you can use one to maneuver the bar inside your fluid around and up the sides and get it out.
I bought the small (.787") and the next size up (.984") and he small works well on 30ml. For a wider mouthed flask, you might want to get a larger size.

1 Like

Thanks,
I was buying 300ml of premade juices per month between myself and my wife so about £120-150 $180-230 per month.
300ml is now costing me about £20 $30 a month a sound investment and is a pleasure to use.

1 Like

@Amy the link is still working for me. Here’s another one for the same set, different seller. Hopefully it will work

Glass beaker link

1 Like

They also make a tool for retrieving the stir rods but I just used a magnetic and slid it up the side of the bottle like Lostmarbles described to get it out.

1 Like

YUPPERS. it works like a charm. I’m jealous of your setup @UncleJoe.

Nathan

@UncleJoe…What are the racks that you have for the smaller flavor bottles???

Nathan

They are 3 and 5 tier nail varnish stands from ebay

2 Likes

Looks like nail polish racks !

1 Like

Nice set up uncleJoe !

1 Like

I bought a few stir bars off ebay and the ones that works best for me are the ones that look like a cross. Next after are the ones they call octagon.
Heat does help especially with high vg warm it just enough to thin it down a little.

2 Likes

I figured I’d do a couple warm baths to thin them then stir them and steep. So bc it is shaped like a cross was wondering would it fit down the neck of the conical shaped flasks ? ( high neck )

1 Like

The cross shaped bars wont fit in the erlenmyer flask. I use it in a flat bottom beaker. I use an octagon bar in the flask that is a little bit shorter than the diameter of the bottom of the flask.

2 Likes

i book marked this ! Thanks incase the ones my fiance’ got me doesn’t work. he is being invasive bc its a birthday present for me, i pretty much gave his a list of things i’d like rather than him trying to figure this stuff out lol he only vapes what I give him.

UPDATE: I got the stirrer but uh stirring rods have not shown up yet :rage: what is the best time frame to stir a mix? 2-3 minutes per 10 mls idk does anyone have a set preference that’s working for ya ?

2 Likes

the longer you let it stir the better. I mixed up a 250 ml batch Monday morning and put it on low heat and set the speed as fast as it would go without spinning out. I went to sleep for 6 hrs and left it running the whole time. Turned it off when I woke up and let it cool as I was getting ready for work. Bottled it up and put in the cabinet. Took about 20 ml to work with me and it was very good. I vaped it all night.

1 Like

I let mine stir anywhere from 2 to 6 hrs

That’s a hellva long time lol ! I got the one off eBay that @Shaner put the link up for. It doesn’t produce heat thou. So you spin yours basically as long as you like and as fast as it’ll go w/o flying off it.

Another thing have you found that after you’ve used the stirrer that you have to restir
Any larger batches that have sat for a time afterwards ?

1 Like

The temp gets to around 120 on low and that helps to thin high vg. enough to stir easier. Most of the batches are good after they cool, better the next day and finish steeping in a few days. I dont have to restir them, I just give them a good quick shake before I pour into a smaller bottle and of course before I use them.

1 Like

Ok well looks like I’ll have to do a quick warm batch before I stir them in order to get the batch to spin but this isn’t a big deal. Thanks !

1 Like