Magnetic mixer is awesome

Already have them. The stirrer was the last piece of the puzzle :slight_smile:

1 Like

i found the ultrasonic cleaners are the fastest way of steeping. from my point of view
here is my method… i hope it could help someone

I realize how old this post is, but I want to make my own magnetic stir plate. You said most of the parts were found at Radio Shack. I am pretty sure they’re not in business any longer. Do you know of any other B&M shops that would have these parts, and if not I’m buy online. Ideally, I’d like to be able to get all or most of the parts from the same place. Thanks for any help you have with this. :slight_smile:

If you have an old pc power supply , a broken hdd, and a fan controller you can make a mag stirrer fairly easily - there are a few youtube vids and some instructables showing how to.

for example

I found it depressing as well, i could walk to my radio shack.Luckily i selectively horde and have 3 old working cpu but u could turn to craigslist for cheap to free stuff. The controller may be found at auto part stores. i googled searched and found a few similar stores tho

I used your link to the RadioShack locator and found one in Layton, UT only 6.5 mi away from me! Yippy Yay! Thanks man, you kick ass!

i bought mine a nitecore flavor factory at heavens gifts during there sale paid less than a hundred goes up to 1200 rpm has temperature control super quiet has a timer that i havent figured out the directions suck trying to find more information on it but its suppose to be for ejuice. model NFF01 check it out on heaven gifts im not good with the computer dont know how to send links maybe someone might look and link it so yo could see it if anyone has more info on it i would appreciate the sharing enjoy they are fun just dont have anything to report yet just plugged it in

these work great too if you are mixing in a 10 ml. bottle put a small egg in your bottle tighten the cap lay your bottle flat centered and spin your bottle to mix go slow you dont need to go fast i think fast wont even mix it have fun spin the bottle

After the one of the members here ordered one and gave it a bad review. I don’t think I’d waste money on the nff01 mixer.

I ordered this one from Amazon. And very happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076ZW4M2X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is my review of it.

1 Like