Making flavoring from hops

Incorrect.
VG, PG, PEG, Alcohol, will all extract THC from the plant material.
Raw it’ll be mostly THCA and low psychoactive
Decarb the weed first and the extraction will be THC and high Psychoactive.

VG will extract THC cold in about 60-90 days. With PG-PEG being a much better solvent I’d expect PG to work in just 7-14 days.

1 Like

Only when heated up though right? In which case, pretty much anything would, including water, chocolate, milk, etc… (with the exception of alcohol, which will do it at room temperature of course)

VG, PG, PEG all are effective cannabinoid solvents at room temp just a little slow.
Water = zero solvent ability. Boiling cannabis in water = zero results.
Milk = poor solvent
Milk can work but needs to be Whole milk with lots of Butterfat as that is the Solvent part.
Same with Chocolate. Needs a high fat content for best results.
IME
Grain Alcohol, Cooking oil, Vegetable glycerin are the 3 most commonly used solvents for extracting cannabis for Tincture, Edibles, Topical, uses.
Old school tech some of it going back the better part of a century and more.

Butane, Hexane and high pressure CO2 are all the new rage in concentrate extraction.
But the first two blow up a lot more homes and buildings then the old school methods ever did.
Your mileage may vary.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

okokok so i know its an old thread … and knowing the pace of this place , u guys r in another stratosphere 20x-exponentially-improved, questions answered , on to the next thing, constantly evolving (wondering how the hell did anyone ever vape using mech mods, the original 10-20W eleaf istick. not to mention the original cartomizers and 50:50 pg juices lol)

so i guess my point is that ive been away from this site & community & diy because i got lazy and just started buying juice like everyone else…

but i do miss this place, the people, the dialogue…

but what brings me back is a sudden new-found desire to obtain (& maybe make a few) hand-crafted epipes…something about a long comfortable stem over drip tips, the hand feel of holding hand-carved roundness that would fit so comfortably in my hand…to move a bit away from subohming where the vapes would crackle & pop & the vapor was hotter & i dont know. maybe im just bored with the new stuff lol

but i find myself back in the hunt for nets and rich/traditional tobacco flavors and yet i can’t recall ever trying one that tasted good or authentic … anyone have any tips or pointers or a nudge in the right direction? i would like to find some rich authentic pipe tobacco vapes or a recipe for how to extract it myself so that i end up with something that tastes like actual smoking (& not entirely like how unlit cigarettes smell)

i still have a whole room of my house with walls lined with flavors & enough vg/pg/nicotine to rebuild society in the event of a nuclear holocaust lmao…

ps are diketones still considered bad😂
because i could truly get comfy with a nice old bottle of the original five pawns castle long

1 Like

When were diketones bad lol… Not on ELRs forum :wink:. Im not into tobacco flaves or nets , however there are a couple threads that are dedicated to it . @50YearsOfCigars will usually take the time if you PM him to guide you through the process , he took a lot of time with me when my Mom was wanting to go that route… @Kinnikinnick is also another leaf lover that seems to know just as much as the NET lover

2 Likes

thank you:)

1 Like

…still do. :grinning: Mechs and 60PG/40VG.

You’ll pay a pretty penny, but Matt does some pretty work!

https://epipemods.com/pipes/steam-pipes.html

This is where I bought NET before I started making my own. Quality vendor!

http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/mobile/default.aspx

However, for around $10 or so dollars, you can create 1000ml of ready to vape NET liquid.

When I realized this, after spending a metric ass load on premixed juice, there was no turning back from making my own NET. :wink:

2 Likes

hahah thank u so much

i also have a SICKNESS that requires me to collect mech mods wirh zero restraints or appeals to logic…and look at me now. ive just found ANOTHER excuse to keep buying mechs…probably the only 3 models i havent “had to own” at aime time prior to now :joy:n

1 Like