Making my own RY4 with NET

French Vanilla is a cream more than a vanilla

…that’s cool if you were thinking about making a Vanilla ice cream NET

1 Like

I know of people who let it sit for a month. I find that the longer I leave it the stronger it is and the less I need to use, which greatly diminishes the coil gunking.
I just try to forget I have it standing around. Laziness also plays a big part :relaxed: I filtered one yesterday that steeped for 8 months and I have a few more of those.
Tinkering around is fun. When I vape them solo I usually get this moment when I think; this one would be really nice with a drop of … fill in the blank, the possibilities are endless.
Have fun!

3 Likes

Now that I have +/- 25 finished extractions sitting in jars, getting better every day, I’m kinda the same way with my NET macerations awaiting filtering. No need to rush things… seems the longer they sit, the better the outcome. :wink:

Hybrid mixes just haven’t crossed my mind as of late. :thinking:…guess I’m just enjoying my NETs as they are without anything else in the mix; makes my decision making of what should go into the mix even easier…or even more lazy! :rofl:

2 Likes

To be honest, it hasn’t gone any further than thinking :sunglasses: I’m far too lazy to act on thoughts and like you really enjoy the NETs as they are.

I agree completely, I know there are many mixers here who really enjoy mixing so I’m probably swearing in church but I like things to be easy :relaxed:

2 Likes

I just like the fact that not only my juice is handcrafted (and not the overpriced overly sweet ‘premium’ stuff), but i also made some of the ingredients :wink:
I’m also thinking about making some teas and vanilla.
The nice thing is you can pretty much extract everything :wink:

3 Likes

Did you see this thread?

2 Likes

Thanks! Just read it, nice info in it, will monitor :wink:

3 Likes

Scraped this off the thread above and added it to this thread, ‘cause I know you like your RY4 mixes. :wink:

To answer your question… My primary atty collection for NET centers around MTL type units; though I’m a “split the fence“, direct lung/mouth to lung type vaper.

So, that includes attys like the Geekvape Ammit RDA, Vapefly Holic RDA, Vapefly Galaxies RDTA, etc. I’ve also been a Kayfun RTA fanboi for years! Recently, I’ve been a big fan of the MTL Vapefly Brunhilde; super easy to coil and wick… and the permanent stainless steel internal wicking, takes me back to my early Genesis style RTA days. :wink:

I won’t hide the fact that coil burn offs and wick changes are a daily routine for me. If I want the fantastic true tobacco flavor I love… that’s what’s in the game for me as a NET user. For those who aren’t builders, I would never suggest they use NET; the expense of replacing premade coils would kill them! :weary:

3 Likes

Hey, thx for the response. I have to confess I’m a KF fangirl but like you, “split the fence”. I would say my daily drivers are more on the mtl side now especially being in the house more often. I have many of the attys you mentioned 'cept the Brunhilde but came very close to buying it. Speaking of Gennies, I’ve thought of using mesh wicks in the Vapefly RDTA (like Todd does) so I can keep the cotton/rayon tails short and easy to change out and not bother with tipping. Damn good flavor in that one, ey? I’ve got it on a squonker so I can just keep filling it.

2 Likes

Got a link to a video or thread, concerning this?

2 Likes

Couldn’t find the Vapefly RDTA one (maybe I imagined it!) but here’s his vid on using SS mesh in RDTAs. BTW, I watched this because I feel the way he does. I shelved all my RDTAs because I found them a PITA to deal with wicking. Truth be told, they are some of the most flavorful tanks, of course. Here’s a way I can resurrect them. Break out the old Avocado, Serpent RDTA and all the rest. I have so many of these type tanks.

3 Likes

@Kinnikinnick Funny, this brings back memories of an old friend who also made his own NETs. He loved RDTAs. He was also a DIY all the way kind of guy. Made his own mods and modified his tanks. He also liked squonking. He discovered that on certain RDTAs (like the Serpent, IIRC) the center pin had a hollow point where he could drill a hole and turn it into a squonking RDTA. Couldn’t be done on the Avocado but he discovered several others that he converted. Sometime after that I started seeing tanks being manufactured using his idea. I couldn’t believe it. I felt he should be credited. He could have cared less but after all this time when I see something like the Vapefly RDTA I think of him.

2 Likes

Just wicked my Galaxies RTDA with that method… works like a champ! :smiley: Thanks for the link. Don’t know why I haven’t done it like that before… :woozy_face:…my Brunhilde works the same way, but with SS wire wicks. Easy peasy wicking for the win!

3 Likes

Hey, I’m glad it worked out well for you. I haven’t gotten around to it yet but you just inspired me.Today I decided to resurrect my old Aromamizer RDTA V1. Here it’s sitting on an old iStick 50 I use for quick dry burns, wicking…I found a couple of stubbies to replace the original, long spit guard tip.

3 Likes

I still have a couple old v1’s laying around. No longer used though, but definitely brought back memories.

2 Likes

I recommend FA Caramel, Shish Vanilla (start with less), also good: Flavorah Caramel, FL Toffee (I haven’t yet tried the toffee), FW C. Candy and back to FLAVOR ART CARAMEL (love that stuff). Have you considered adding Custard (Inawera)? As far as French Vanilla, I agree its more a cream than a vanilla - if you are set on it consider Fr. Vanilla Deluxe or maybe just straight vanilla custard (the brand would depend on individual’s preference).
Hope this info s still useful/relevant. I am currently hooked on RY4 and was super interested in this thread. I didn’t know so many people were extracting their own!

1 Like

Wow, this thread was reactivated after a long pause and is very timely for me. Just a week ago I mixed up something along these lines. I’ve made a very nice NET concentrate using dark fired Kentucky tobacco. It really is good, but I was getting just a little bored with it. I tried adding just a touch of Caramel (Flavorah) and French Vanilla Deluxe (TPA) to it and I’m enjoying that. Those were just flavors that I had on hand; not thought out as to what would be the best caramel or vanilla I could possibly choose. I will tweak the percentages a little in my next mix, but I can tell that this combination is a keeper. The funny thing is that I wasn’t even thinking RY4. In my mind, I was thinking Captain Black aromatic pipe tobacco.

Another thing related to previous posts in this thread is that my everyday atty is the Vapefly Galaxies RDTA with SS mesh wicks. I’ve been using this for over a year now and I’m very disappointed that I can’t buy any additional new ones.

1 Like

Wow I’m confused - Vapeflies RDTA why can’t you make and install new coils to wick? Also, I’ve recently started using SS 22G wire for dual coil setups in RDAs, am very pleased at how fast 4-5 wraps gears up on my mech mod
So did u mix those two flavors before or after reading my reply to an older thread? I’m getting a habit of reviving old threads. Guess I assume most of what I read is in real time when for everyone else it’s a blast from the past.
Stranger in a Strange Land

1 Like

I made that mix about a week before your post.
An RDTA style tank does use typical wire coils with cotton wicks. At least they do in the way I build them. I use mesh tubes to move the liquid from the lower tank area up to the cotton in the upper chamber. This is an older style tank design which seems to be making a bit of a comeback. They are also called “Genesis” style.

1 Like

Wow, you mixed up same/similar recipe a week before my post. Guess you have a great mind and we were thinking alike. It hadn’t occurred to me that you were talking about a GTA. I am aware that Genesis tanks are seemingly making a pseudo comeback but I’ll admit that I haven’t ever used one; hence why I didn’t know what you were writing about…
I know,
Confessions of a spaced out coil wrapper

1 Like