Making tanks draw with Mouth-to-lung hits

I grew up in an area of the U.S. where the most common saying was (said with thick southern drawl) “Hey Ya’ll! Watch this!”…and then some life threatening action was performed by an idiot!

Does the term “out of the gene pool” fit these cases? You bet! And good riddance.

4 Likes

You forgot the “hold my beer” part. Been there… seen that. :frowning:

Darwin Award winners don’t bother me too much. I’m not entirely devoid of empathy, but the species will survive the loss.

However… I’m not keen on the idea of some tool chatting me up because we’re both vapers, just when he sets off the pipe bomb he just put to his face.

4 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. Downside is that the legislators will jump up and down with joy, more regulations coming because of it. I heard about this guy in the UK who had a mech mod, you know, the kind that you have to press down on the bottom to make it fire. Unfortunately the thing didn’t have a lock. He put it in his trouser pocket and went for a walk. It was the last walk of his life, it blew his leg right off.

3 Likes

{Emotional type message} No exaggeration…I posted 2 or 3 questions on Ecigs.com, checked back a month later and got not one reply. I guess there are so many people and so many posts, know one even noticed me. Maybe I AM needed there, and as time allows I will go and post one of the same threads that everyone enjoyed here, i.e., “How many vaping devices do you have?” and see what happens. There are probably a lot of people there in need of someone to care and reply and that’s a topic where they can post and be heard. There’s a lot of lonely people out there- like me.

Other - Anyone else do any Dripping taste-test combinations? In an attempt to learn how I can use particular flavors, I like to drip and add and puff it away, then try another flavor. Today I found out that Boston Cream Pie goes with Hazelnut and also Brandy. I also made a note to try Amaretto (like an orange) with Chocolate. I also enjoy looking at recipes to see what goes with what. Another thought… I like black licorice, but just don’t enjoy it enough in a vape. Haven’t tried red licorice yet and many others I got in a TPA variety pack, and I haven’t yet tried a cereal vape juice. My shopping list for flavors to get includes: Flavor Art (FA): Meringue, Bergamot, Yellow Cake, and Bilberry. Opinions are greatly appreciated if anyone prefers a different brand of these or has found they don’t like any. I made this list based on flavors I am missing in my stash to make top-rated recipes on this site.

I don’t think Yellow Cake is Flavour Art - It might be Flavor West? Meringue, Bergamot and Bilberry are exceptional flavors!

For me I get more flavor from the sheer volume of vapor from a lung hit. That’s the reason I stopped M to L… There just wasn’t enough vapor or flavor for me.

[quote=“Joya, post:24, topic:23876”]
There’s a lot of lonely people out there- like me
[/quote]It is a growing number. Technology is connecting people but at the same time people get more and more disconnected. I’ve heard of kids at parties sending text messages to each other because they just don’t know how to talk to real people anymore. It is kinda sad, there should be a healthy balance between on an offline contacts.

You should give FA black touch licorice a try, it has a very subtle licorice flavour in the background.
I just got FA meringue in the mail today so I haven’t had the chance to try it out yet but I’ve heard good things about it.
I got Bergamot recently too, just have to find a nice recipe to try it out. I’m glad @daath says it is exceptional.

I made this list based on flavors I am missing in my stash to make top-rated recipes
[/quote]You will find that list growing very quickly. I have around 200 flavours now and still run into recipes that I don’t have all the flavours for. I am starting to substitute those flavours with others that I do have because my wallet doesn’t support an ongoing wish list for new flavours.

do any Dripping taste-test combinations
[/quote]It’s the only thing I use my dripper for, testing new batches and see how they get on and if they need something else. Once I have a nice juice, I just want to fill up a big tank and vape it till it is empty.

1 Like

Sorry you have the problem, but it feels good to hear I’m not just nuts and this is important to someone else just like me. Please do let us know if you notice that packing the cotton tighter helps at all. In my meager experience, I think it does help- at least for sure in my Fogger. I’ve got my Fogger pretty much comfortable and NOT airy. At least there’s a bit of tension in the draw. It hurts to draw on a tank that is too airy. I can’t handle straight down the lung vapor. Closing air holes just doesn’t do it. What’s needed is the small area around the coil and cotton. The Fogger v4 I have has pretty small air holes under the coil and a tiny chimney area. Ah, it’s all about the same comparing to the Goliath and a Zypherus. Now… the Atlantis and the E-Leaf Lemo are horrible. No matter what, you can’t make them draw tight. They are like a wind tunnel. I have tried rebuilding their coils (interchangeable disposable coils), and all I get when I pack the cotton is No air draw and I have to trash the build. Ok— uploaded a photo of a driptip I really like. It’s tiny and long.

[quote=“Joya, post:24, topic:23876, full:true”]
… I also made a note to try Amaretto (like an orange) …[/quote]

Amaretto Liqueur is cherry. Maraschino specifically.

Ever have a Shirley Temple? It’s the adult version, sort of. I’m having some right now. :smile:

As to mixing… I mix almost anything, left and right.
Oddly, I’ve lately taken to a drop or three of peppermint in just about anything. I was never, ever a menthol smoker. So while it’s not quite the same, enjoying a minty vape is a pleasant surprise.

(mixing in this case meaning in the atty, not while making the juice)

Experiment… enjoy. :smile:

Also, if you like licorice, try Flavour Art’s Licorice Plus - that is strong stuff! I love it, but I am Scandinavian :wink:

Maybe so. Honest, I’m no noobie but I just finally went subohm. Due to 47 years of smoking my lungs are not in the best of shape and was unable to hit on most subtanks and drippers were a real nono. Yesterday I got a Goblin Mini and coiled it for TC with Nickel Wire and put it on a Eleaf 40w TC mod. For the first time I have been able to subohm. Also, for the first time I have been able to get a idea of what a lung hit is since I have been able to experiment a bit with it now that I have Temp Control. Here’s my thoughts being I am still very familiar with Mouth to Lung still. Mouth to lung hits with a dripper and most subtanks are very difficult for one major reason. Most of these tanks have entirely too much airflow for a mouth to lung hit. What happens is you fill your mouth with air long before you are able to get enough vapor to inhale. If the tank is one you can restrict most of the air then you could do mouth to lung, if not it will never happen. Now as for forcing Lung Hits, the answer may just be that our mouths are just not big enough to hold all that vapor. Could be just that simple…

1 Like

This is very true, however with this industry changes are a everyday thing for even the most experienced. Quite often we too feel like noobies, don’t think we don’t. Sometimes we are all learning together…

2 Likes

Many variables. What I meant in the sentence you quoted was… knowing more airflow is required, we have to lung hit when the atty is vaporizing so much, so fast. You’re right as well… we couldn’t MTL fast enough to keep up with that rate of vapor production.

Way up thread, UncleJoe added a piece of the puzzle that I had forgotten. With the sub ohm tank’s design, power requirements and wicking, if you don’t lung hit to clear the juice quick enough… they will flood.

1 Like

I am Dutch, we love our licorice too. It was the one thing we always took with us when going on holiday, cause they don’t have it everywhere. I will put it on my wish list.

1 Like

I always seek out the European made licorice when I’m shopping for the real deal! For some reason you guys know how to make it much better than across the pond. Probably cause there isn’t any high fructose corn syrup in EU licorice!!!

1 Like

They will get that sorted with the TTIP. Don’t get the English stuff, that licorice all sorts, it is absolutely horrible.

1 Like

How is that working out? I was thinking of getting one of those, they had a good deal on cvapor but it is unclear if that one includes the one coil adapter so I’ve send them an email to ask about that before I order.

1 Like

All three of the GM that I ordered came with the single coil plug adapter. I don’t see a reason for them to go int the package and pull it out. It’s wrapped up with other spare parts and jammed into the spare glass tank.

Thanks for that. It doesn’t mention it anywhere and I would really like to have one of those. Just had another good look at it since it also doesn’t mention the spare glass tank. It is on one of the pictures though and there is stuff crammed in there so I just ordered it. Something else to look forward to. I mean he, all these new flavours require a brand-new tank right?

1 Like

Yes, my parents would get me a Shirley Temple when I was a young girl.
Well it sure is better than TPA Marachino Cherry.
Well I tried Fig… and I don’t like it much. It’s all in what you like/don’t like. I’ll have to try it in a recipe and see if I can use it. I tried it in an apple mix and didn’t like it. I was hoping it would flavor my apple similarly to raison. But, no. Maybe I just had too much in there. I’ll have a look at what other flavors are often used with it and keep trying it.

I am taste testing some new mixes I made 2 weeks ago today. I’m loving Delphi 64 and I also like TPA Blueberry and put it in a tank with Cheesecake. Finally – some Blueberry I can vape. I only had a pre-made bottle from a vape store and it was chemical tasting no matter what. I emptied it down the sink a few minutes ago.