March's Mix this Mix thread

Bumping this thread a little.
How is it going with the mixes for those who made any?

1 Like

I just tried mine, the berry base is there, just needs more cake and a bit more cinnamon.

Ill probably add .15% Rich Cinn and either up the pound cake or add another.

1 Like

thats what i forgot to order RHUBARB DAMN IT

1 Like

Looking forward to see what the final recipe will look like. Thanks for the update.

what is a good rhubarb ? has anyone tried RF SC or is INW the premium with this flave ?? just looking for opinions

2 Likes

@LordVapor grabbed the RF SC, he could give some info on it. INW is a very raw rhubarb and if i remember correctly LV said that the SC is more cooked. I like INW but just a bit to much can turn a recipe quickly.

1 Like

I have both but havent done sf on either yet i am still trying to catch up - i will do an sf later today and let you know in a few days if no one has done the comparison.

Edit ok Ken has it covered - i will still do it and let you know

4 Likes

When you have the time please do, everyone’s input is important especially with the new flavors.

2 Likes

do you guys think i could do a dragon fruit in place of the rhubarb ? i cant even remember what a rhubarb taste like , or maybe kiwi or the DF mixed with kiwi and add a touch of sour

1 Like

Ok, I guess I will get off my ass and mix. Here is what will be on the stirrer…

Bloody Sponge:

1% Biscuit (INAWERA)
2% Butter Cream (CAP)
2% Rhubarb (SC) (Real Flavors)
2.5% Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA)
4% Strawberry Shortcake (OOO)
2.5% Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA)
2% Vienna Cream (FA)

Flavor total: 16%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/a3Ww

4 Likes

I cant imagine it working but then again i used DF just once or twice. Raw rhubarb is quite bitter yet wonderful too, i dipped it in fresh honey as a kid. Dont hold back if you dont have rhubarb, make whatcha got. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oooo nice new Avatar…

2 Likes

Haha. I wasn’t expecting you’d use it for an avatar lol.

Bloody Sponge is stirring, on its way to 120 degrees for 4 hours :wink: Man, you should smell this shiznit. It smells like gramma’s pie.

3 Likes

LV made it and as soon as i seen it i knew it had to be my new avatar, hehe.

Its perfect, thanks bud. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just tested Bloody Sponge after stirring for 4 hours. It seemed kinda weak. And the flavor I was expecting was not what I was getting. And the Rhubarb seemed to be the front note. I did just mix this though and I know things will change drastically with nearly all of the flavors over time. So I will keep testing as time goes on.

After typing the above, before I submitted this I wanted to try something. Because I wasn’t happy with what I wasn’t getting from my tried and true flavors. I am vaping on my Able mech with the Skill RDA. I thought maybe I better put a fresh battery in before I leave this alone. After doing so things changed for the better. The Rhubarb is still there but the other flavors are fighting back. I have pretty high hopes for this when the creams and bakery notes start to develop. More to come.

I need to add - the Rhubarb flavor isn’t quite the rhubarb I hope it becomes. There is a sour taste in this. But there is a somewhat perfumy flavor in there as well. It may be the OoO SB Short Cake too. I have never tested that one either.

4 Likes

thank you for the update , i havent had rhubarb since i was a kid all i remember is that it had a sour note and it was refreshing when i took a bite like celery , so for me to test ill habe to get the real thing , ill try to mix this recipe but without the rhubarb maybe add another fruit to go with the strawberry and a touch of sour , i do look forward to hearing more regarding your mix and the rhubarb

2 Likes

I liked your Kiwi idea. Raspberry would be great addition too.

3 Likes

Please do tell? For the rest of us Pie Worshipping Failures :slight_smile:

[quote=“LordVapor, post:30, topic:117610”]
Ok, I guess I will get off my ass and mix. Here is what will be on the stirrer…

Bloody Sponge - e-liquid-recipes.com

1.00% Biscuit (Inawera) * 2.00% Butter Cream (Cap) * 2.00% Rhubarb (SC) (Real Flavors) * 2.50% Strawberry Shisha (Inawera) * 4.00% Strawberry Shortcake (ooo) * 2.50% Vanilla Shisha (Inawera) * 2.00% Vienna Cream (FA) * March’s Mix this Mix recipe…[/quote]

Sounds so yummy, but I will not add another recipe to my want to make list that I am missing flavors for. I refuse!!! I said no damnit, stop arguing with me :rage:

Ahhhhh, I knew I made a wise decision :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It wasn’t until I made my Walnut Pie that I actually found a combination that works for me in a pie recipe. That and bringing the recipe’s overall sweetness up with the right flavor combos.

The way the Sugar Cookie and Pie Crust work together with the Toasted Marshmallow and Brown Sugar reminds me of a pie crust that has had sugar sprinkled on it and placed back into the oven for the last 10 minutes or so. So if I make any other pies, those flavors will be my goto crust combo.

2 Likes

You need to read further. I changed my battery and that was the problem - derrr! Later I redid my wick and cleaned my coil. I am not saying anything else because there is the chance it could turn into a unicorn or something. But I am “vaping the shit” out of the leftover 30ml that wouldn’t fit into the two 60ml bottles :wink:

What flavors are you missing? Because you HAVE to have Shisha Vanilla and Strawberry! Vienna Cream and Biscuit are essentials as well. And Butter Cream is so useful you gotta try it in some recipes needing that buttery creamy goodness enhanced by this little gem. The other two… I’ll let you know.

2 Likes