Mech Mod and RTA suggestion

Hey everyone,

I’ve own various vw devices but since i got my smpl copper clone and fitted the derringer on it, I’m in love.

I had a gladiator 26650 but it’s just to bulky to walk around.

The mutation x and the darkhorse rda are not for me either. The derringer is just perfect.

What else in terms of mods and rta that are small and convenient do you suggest?

I’m sure there’s people our here much more experienced than me in terms of mech stuff and rda’s. I’m a bit fed up of the four rta’s I got.

Thanks for helping out.

vaporizeit

2 Likes

Over in the if you could only v2 thread (I think you may have posted, too) some of the mech users posted what they prefer. @Ken_O_Where and @Jimk are the two that come to mind as die-hard mech users. :wink:

1 Like

Perhaps we can help @vaporizeit

Im not a huge fan of RTA’s, 99.99% of the time i use RDA’s. I recently purchased a Subtank Mini for when im out bike riding, it isnt a bad tank but the RBA section totally sucks, i use the OCC’s and rebuild them. Ive owned several RTA’s and really have nothing good to say about any of them but they are from the old world of vaping, mostly Genny’s and a Fogger V2. I cant really suggest a RTA, im just not a fan.

Your SMPL is a hybrid, in case you do not know ill throw this out there. Hybrid caps are only good for use with adjustable pin RBA’s, spring loaded RBA’s can cause a short and venting of the batt.

My convince combo is a Tugboat V2 (deep juice well) and a Stingray X. I have two regulated mods, an old SVD and a Dovpo 50w mini. I really like the Dovpo but i still mostly use my mechs. Most of the day im running one of my Stingray X’s and a Plume Veil, i have many of each of these. If you are looking for a flavor atty the PV is hard to beat and the Stingray X has a copper inner tube for low Vdrop, it hits as hard as any copper mech i own without the green, copper smelling hand.

1 Like

thanks for the advice yeah I own a sigelei mini 30w a cloupor t8, in terms of rta’s: delta 2, subtank mini (rba does suck, loose screws and small juice channels), lemo 2 (total disapointment), goblin and that’s pretty much it.

I do understand the green hand problem, I have to clear coat the smpl, the hands thing is really killing the mod for me, and like I said the gladiator 26650 is too bulky.

I gotta find a tugboat or something like that. Juice wells are essential but I don’t need a huge space for coils, and I like to just take the drip of and drip without separating the whole thing apart.

thanks @Ken_O_Where

2 Likes

I love my Tugboat V2, outside of my Plumes its the only RDA i still use out of the dozens that i own. You know what helped the ST Mini RBA section? I drilled two holes @ 5/64’s to match the OCC holes. Still doesnt fix the damn thing getting stuck on threads. The V2 of it will be out soon where they did the same but removed the threads in place of a screw that secures the cap to the base.

Those juice channels… What were they thinking…

1 Like

If you can hang on, the Goblin mini is just around the corner! That’s about the smallest RTA you’re gonna find worth vaping.

Out of the bazillion mech mods out there, I fell for the Metal Madness Poldiac. I believe they sell it with all 3 tubes for 18350, 500 & 650 batteries. Other than a cheap ass 4Nine clone I bought one time to do copper patina experiments (it’s in the landfill now), the Poldiac is a fantastic mech mod. Conductivity is superb and the machining
is tight. Made from either stainless steel or brass, the threading is flawless and fail safe. Flush, side fire button is a dream to operate.

If you were going to spend the money ($118 euro) on a mech mod that will never give you problems, the Poldiac is a sure thing.

1 Like

on the rebuildable head I drilled 2mm (5/64) holes 3mm above the juice channels and bam no dry hits and no flooding it’s perfect

1 Like

Hate to one up you, but hey, if it’ll save you and me money, I’ll do it.

http://brokevapers.com/youde-goblin-mini-authentic/

1 Like

no worries …please if you can find this stuff and others cheap… cheap is cheap!!!

1 Like