Medicine Flower Recommendations

That’s pretty much my thought process too. I’m hoping it works with TPA Orange Cream, MF Vanilla, and a few others to make a nice orange dreamcicle. Another I’ve been lusting after since day one.

7 Likes

Well, I dunno , but it looks like you’ll get there sooner or later :laughing:

Iv3shf
Frank
Regular
Travelling the world - Italy now

5 Likes

I’m in the same boat @fidalgo_vapes

5 Likes

Nice @anon44944642 you have to post up once you start testing them. My new batch are sleep steeping for now. Getting hard to wait.

6 Likes

I know it’s depending on pg/vg ratio and the general taste is subjective preference.

But I still like to ask, on average (not holding anyone accountable here if it’s not accurate lol) but what would you say the steeping time is on these concentrates?

2 Likes

I would mint say average for these but for most of my liquids I age steep for 4-6 weeks. I feel that when mixing, imo, when I put time into something I should give it the whole time frame to let the ingredients do it’s magic. Therefore, I don’t screw with stuff until I’m at what I feel for me is at its final maturation stage.

Here is this mornings mix seasion. I won’t see them till late August or September. It’s a pain to wait but I am always happy.

8 Likes

I hate waiting but it is worth it. Sometimes, like just now, I do give a mix a S&V test. I made the following. It smelled great so against my better judgement, I tried it an hour later.

Summer Sunset

0.20% Lemon (MF)
0.60% Orange (MF)
4.50% Orange Cream (TPA)
0.80% Vanilla (MF)
2.75% Vanilla Bean Gelato (TPA)

Flavor total: 8.85%

It’s without exaggeration the best orange based juice I’ve tried. Already plenty of citrus, sweet orange, creamy. Going to be hard to forget about it and toss it on the shelf for a month. I’ve tried TPA Orange Cream alone and with with CAP Juicy Orange in the past, and it was harsh and rind-ey. I’m getting none of that so far.

MF Orange’s quick test for me is that it is sweet, natural, very much like biting into an orange. And if I still had my Zephryus v1, I would get juice on my fingers just like the real thing. So far this is a nice, nice mix. I actually think it’s all the MF’s in there that are making it better.

12 Likes

@eStorm I’m very new to the MF game here, but I was going to try 2 weeks on SF tests, and at least a month for mixes.

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer very few MF flavours are ready after just 2 weeks’ steep, but it will be interesting to hear your opinions, and to catch the early maturers. Most often, I leave them for 4-6 weeks before tasting , like @Chrispdx ,even if SF testing, but then I wind up not knowing if they were ready sooner than that! One word of caution: someiimes the flavour seems to vanish , temporarily at around the 4 week mark… then come back, shortly afterwards, better than before, So I think that all-in-all, 6 weeks is ideal .

The great thing is that MF mixes never seem to fade. They are “upsteepers” as Pro_Vapes calls them, meaning they just only stronger over time So, no harm in waiting :slight_smile: . Well, not unless your nicotine oxidises.

4 Likes

Thanks, I own zero mf flavors and I wasn’t trying to shake and vape them :wink:

It was just more out of interest, because most brands I know the steep time off. But I also know that some can be vaped within a couple hours, because they don’t change much down the road. Or how they holding up (fade etc)

So I just wanted to see what the verdict on mf is, or whatever it could be called lol.

2 Likes

Wasn’t my plan until I smelt that fabtastic orange cream aroma. Actually I’m glad I did. And also pinched; now I don’t know how I will leave it alone! It’s already rich, full, creamy, bright; feels like a steeped juice. I am going to make another to stuff away out of sight since I have a feeling it won’t make it to maturity. Heck, the wife took one draw and immediately requested that I change her cotton and fill up with it. I told her it wasn’t ready but she could care less about steeping and such things.

Medicine Flower, you little vixens.

6 Likes

I bit the bullet due to the fact that i keep coming back to this thread and you guys are killing me with curiosity!
I ordered 6 flavors from GEB last Monday. Was very displeased with GEB as my order sat pending all week. I called and got a machine on Wednesday and never got a call or email about my order. I sent an email yesterday and I did receive a reply and a phone call this morning. It appears Karen is short staffed with folks on vacation. She was very heartfelt in her apology and promised my order would be out the door no later than Monday. I’m still displeased but what can you do? She did say that she was throwing in a “bunch” of samples so now i’m excited to get my blind bag!
Quick question, how large are you all making your testers for these? Should I do maybe 10ml so that I can try them at different stages? Do 5ml and just wait for 6 weeks?

5 Likes

I got my first MF (mandarin) from ECX during the 4th sales. Haven’t tasted the sf yet (don’t dare smell it or I’ll vape it all); did add a couple drops to a problem mandarin cream mix and after about 10 days it is coming along very nicely. Going to be hard to not vape it for another couple of weeks. Think I’ll be ordering a few more here and there.

7 Likes

That sucks to hear your first order had issues , its always worse if its the first order , but GEB is a good company i can promise you that … i make 15 ml testers so i can taste right away , 3 days , 1 week , 2 week , 4 week but with mf i usually just do 2 , 4 6 and 8 week tests , but i also base my percentages on notes from mixers here on the forum so i can start mixing recipes instead of waiting 2 months to figure a flavor out

5 Likes

Yah I was pretty bummed with this order. I’m so used to BCF and diyVS and the quick service and communications about orders. I have been watching this thread and the sneak peak recipe thread and all these good looking recipes using the MF flavorings and just had to give them a try. One can not have enough concentrates, lol.
I was thinking 15 or 20 ml for testers for the reasons you mentioned. I have been doing a bunch of SF testing on my flavor stash and have found 5ml isn’t very much juice. I have to vape on them for a few minutes before i can get a good feel for the flavor and some flavors are really good so I burn through that 5ml pretty quick! With the extended aging process on the MF line I was figuring I would need larger testers!! Thanks for confirming that for me!!

5 Likes

30ml isnt absurd , but for me i rarely enjoy a SF lol so its just to get the initial taste and figure out the strengths , for example … a peach flavor , i like to know is it candied or natural ? how harsh ? simple questions like these are what im wondering when i test a flavor … also some things have vanilla notes or the mouthfeel.is light , do i get a pepper taste ( this one is one im always worrying about when trying some type of cream/ custard flave but o ly has happened on three flavors :wink:

6 Likes

Looks good. Pretty close to the tester last minute mix I did today as a shot at the dart board. Except I though a shit dart at the board and did 5.5 orange cream tpa 2% Vic lb and two drops of orange mf. Just wanted to see the long steep on orange cream again at a high percent.

4 Likes

I think you’re very likely on target here. When I saw @anon44944642 using 0.6 I was all :flushed: “I bet that’s gonna dominate like a mug…” but I didn’t wanna rain on his parade. chuckles

3 Likes

do you mean @anon44944642?

4 Likes

I did indeed! Ty!

4 Likes