Medicine Flower Tasting Notes

Perhaps i have killed my taste buds but i find the banana really weak compared to the others, or maybe i just over flavored. Ill drop it down to .5% and try it by itself. Vaping Stawnana custard for so long may have damaged me, hehe.

These ECX bottles are just awful but they were cheaper than MF with the sale and ELR code so i picked up more than i needed.

1 Like

Youā€™re rightā€¦ Itā€™s not the powerhouse that ride rough shot over other flavors like a lot of bananas do. Itā€™ll do best with other light flavors, but it need a little support. I personally like that itā€™s a natural banana. Mixed with a light cream or custard will be good. I only tried it at .5% but Iā€™m experimenting @ 1% and 1.5%

3 Likes

1.5% is where i was at until i use a dash of Banana ripe. Did you happen to order Vanilla? It was one of the originals that i ordered and never used it because i had 4oz of Vanillin. I added 6 drops to a 30ml bottle of my Simply Custard last night, i dont think ill be using Vanillin ever again

2 Likes

I havenā€™t ordered it yet, but I read it was probably the best out there. Iā€™m like youā€¦ overstocked on vanillas. Iā€™ll make sure to get it on my next MF order.

3 Likes

If you have Windows 10 you can use the search box and type in your desired conversion. See the example where I typed in Convert 15 ml to oz Itā€™s fast.

1 Like

If you have a Mac or an iOS device, you can use spotlight to do that as well. :wink:

1 Like

or just ask Siri. Yeah Iā€™m that lazy. :wink:

2 Likes

Well, I made a 30ml bottle of MF honeydew melonā€¦I used 1% flavor and the rest 70/30ā€¦I let it sit for 10 days and then got into itā€¦it is phe-nom-min-nul!!
Lemme tell you how it went:
I have a Billow v2 I like to use for fruity vaping and I typically Vape fruit in the morningsā€¦my morning Billow v2 is built with SS sitting on top of the Koopor Plusā€¦I started vaping the honeydew mix one morning at 99w and I was like ā€œits good, but next time, Iā€™m mixing 1.25%ā€¦ā€ Well, a lilltle later, I decided to turn up my mod to 109w and thatā€™s when I had a complete flavor explosion! Just turning the mod up totally upped the flavor! Iā€™m talking mouth watering, uncontrollable chain vaping!
The flavor is unbelievable!
When I.get home tonight, Iā€™m mixing a 30ml of each of my MF flavors! All at 1%!
I will let you guys know how it goes!

9 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome brother. I absolutely love melons of all kinds - will eat watermelon till I canā€™t breathe. But my faves are white fleshed like Canary melons, next to that is ripe Honeydew, which is tough to find and for me anyway even tougher to recognize without cutting into it. But when you do stumble upon a perfectly ripe Honeydewā€¦man is that good! So now Iā€™ve got good info for mixing with this stuff, thanks for that!!!

6 Likes

Well, I recieved my first two Lotus flavorings from ECX.

Watermelon: VERY real tasting. Like fresh watermelon ā€¦ the lighter pink part next to the rind. Donā€™t like this stand-alone. Well, not as a shake-n-vape anyhow.

Caramel: gooey, yummy, rich caramel. Love this one.

Thanks for the recommendations. Would love to try more sometime, but they are very expensive. Iā€™ll have to just get a couple of small bottles at a time . Think Iā€™ll try that Pear and maybe the blackberry next time.

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Quantities in Medicine Flower bottles?:

Of the ones Iā€™ve tried, all have been harsh at time of mix (ATM) and believe me, I did try them right away. Had to :slight_smile:

ATM - Watermelon hits hard in the throat. Very peppery. When I first had this it was sent to me by PV and I thought it was just the nicotine he used. But then when I received mine and mixed that same peppery hit. It started to go away in 2 weeks. Wasnā€™t gone. Itā€™s been 19 days and itā€™s still not gone, although much, much smoother. I had stated in another post I might give this some time with the cap off. Havenā€™t done that because I wanted to see what it does on itā€™s own. I will make some more and give it some air time and report back.

Red Apple and Blueberry are much the same as Watermelon. Not fully tested yet. Although I have used in mixes that I am currently vaping :slight_smile: As single flavors they are still under review. But I think that Red Apple will eventually receive some very high level ratings with some of you more advanced mixers.
Honeydew had that same harshness, although not as strong. It mellowed fairly quickly.
Cantaloupe was the easiest on the throat among mixes that had good initial taste.

Morello Cherry. Unvapable ATM. Thrown in the back of my juice cupboard for now. Will revisit in a couple weeks. Smells and tasted just awful to me but Iā€™m not disappointed. Some great flavors require steeping and the hunt for a good cherry continues (reminds me of driving my first car, 1965 Mustang. REO playing on the radio, Karen G from high school walking out of the gas stationā€¦oh mercy!). .
Blackberry - Perfumey, much as HIC describes INW Blackberry. Also in the back of the cupboard for now.

So everything except watermelon was mixed 1 week ago. And all at 1%. I knew it was too much to hope for that a line of liquids would emerge where all flavors could be used at the same percentage. I think 0.5 or 1% is a good starting point though, maybe 0.5 is best since there are some that will probably be at that percentage anyway.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s weird. I didnā€™t detect pepper in it.Iā€™ll check my 120 ml I have steeping

1 Like

I may just be more sensitive to something in this extract. Thereā€™s no mistake at all that itā€™s peppery. When I went to Momā€™s on Thanksgiving my sister fell in love with it too and she said she didnā€™t get the peppery taste that I do. So it could well just be me.

2 Likes

I just tested my 120 ml batch and it taste like its readyā€¦ No peppery to me.

3 Likes

I mixed up 15ml of watermelonā€¦ just 4 drops of flavoring in it. NOT peppery at all. Fresh watermelon with a bit of the rind. Orā€¦ the light pink part next to the rind. Thatā€™s what I get.

2 Likes

Apparently its just me. I just loaded up the batch I made 19 days ago. Itā€™s completely smooth to me now. So apparently thereā€™s something there Iā€™m sensitive to. This is a good thing! I forgot to mention that I had taken this to MadVapes in Columbia and let the guys there try it. It was about a week old at the time and I didnā€™t mention the pepperiness I get. They raved about the flavor but no one mentioned any harshness.

I had even considered adding some Vape Wizard to this. Glad I didnā€™t.

3 Likes

Crap. I canā€™t find a European source for MF that has Watermelon :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Go find yourself a ripe watermelon (tuff this time of year, I know)
Take a bite
Vape some plain liquid

Best I can do :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Has anyone had any issues with the flavors getting weaker over time ?

1 Like

This is a copy of what I have posted on UKVapers reposting it here if it is any interest to mixers on here?

Posting my reviews of the Medicine Flower extracts I bought direct from the manufacturer in America. These flavours are extracted from the actual fruit so are a natural extract with no added VG or PG mixed into the bottle of extract you purchase.

All 5 flavours I have mixed in an all AG base at 12mg and each flavour is mixed at 3, 4 and 5 drops per 10ml. I have made enough to sample a tankful of every strength over a 4 week period, so I will be able to see how they develop over that time.

All will be tested on Sigelei 75w TC mod and Uwell Crown Tank using a stock 1.2ohm Coil or 0.15 ohm coil to see how they compare at higher watt/temp control and lower watts

Week 1 Steep - All tested on 1.2 ohm coil at a range of 25w-33w, There has been little or noticable colour change except for a tinge of yellowness to the finished liquid after 1 week

Watermelon

You get the flavour of the sweet red part of the watermelon constantly along with an occasional slight sour rind taste in the background.
This makes it a well balanced flavour overall, but to be fair to the usual watermelon concentrates I have tried, the flavour after the first
week is very similar to say Capella Double Watermelon, but what is standing out with the MF concentrate is the natural sweetness of the fruit
that comes through. Occasionally found you get a slightly stronger hit of the sour coming through for a couple of vapes whilst vaping a full tankful of juice (comes as a bit of a shock). After week 1, I feel this flavour has a while to go before it reaches it full potential but preferring 3 drops at this early stage as it is seems to give a much smoother sweetened flavour overall at this stage.

Mango

This is so much like a mouthful of juicy ripe mango, it is smooth, naturally sweet and leaves a satisfying aftertaste on the tongue, amazing flavour. 3 drops and a one week steep and this feels ready to vape, but I will see how much more it can develop over the coming weeks. 5 drops has a slight bitterness to it so far, that reminds me more of the usual mango concentrates that I am used to.

Strawberry

Only a little flavour coming through, giving just a hint of a perfectly sweet and juicy fresh strawberry. May need to be mixed at a larger amount or needs a longer steep, will see how it develops over the coming weeks. 5 drops is preferred strength after 1 week.

Raspberry

Recognisable as raspberry, but very sweet, so comes across at this early stage as more like a raspberry syrup flavour. Hopefully it will develop that tang you get with the real fruit. At 3 drops plenty of flavour, may need to use less drops?

Guava

Never tried the real thing so canā€™t say how realistic it is, but Guava as a vaping extract in this range is superb, it has an acidity to it like a ripe juicy pear and the sweetness of a red berry in the same vape, absolutely gorgeous at 3 drops. All the other 4 flavours have been naturally sweet flavours and it is good to know that if I choose a cirtic/acidic flavour in the future, then there is a good chance it will have that sharpness you would expect from fruits such as these.

Will start a second test to cover the 2nd week of steeping over the next few days and post any changes/development of flavours before xmas hopefully.

12 Likes