Medicine Flower Tasting Notes

So the caramel was ok as Shake and vape? Did you go with the 1% I have been hearing on both?

1 Like

Yes. I mixed it @1% ā€¦ a little weak as a shake-n-vape, but it gains richness after a week. I mixed it in my Mudslide recipe @ 0.5% and it was really great after 3 weekā€™s steep.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried there green tea?

1 Like

10 drops per 10 mil. So thatā€™s about .22% then at 45 drops per mil?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s about right, based on the MF dropper and my eyesight.

If making a 10ml sample of a standalone MF Strawberry, For my tastebuds I would add 10ml base and 9 drops of strawberry using the MF dropper and steep for 2 weeks. If you need it a little stronger add another drop according to taste on your next batch.

But I think 9 drops would be a good starting point

2 Likes

If you havenā€™t tried the Butterscotch yetā€¦You must! Itā€™s my favorite.

1 Like

Anyone tried the green tea?

1 Like

Posting my reviews of 4 more Medicine Flower extracts I bought as part of a small group buy direct from a US Vendorā€¦

All 4 flavours I have mixed in an all AG base at 12mg and each flavour is mixed at 4, 5 and 6 drops per 10ml. I have made enough to sample a tankful of every strength over a 4 week period, so I will be able to see how they develop over that time.

All will be tested on Sigelei 75w TC mod and Uwell Crown Tank using a stock 1.25 ohm Coil

Week 2 Steep - All tested on 1.25 ohm coil at a range of 30w-38w, There has been little or noticable colour change except for a tinge of yellowness (slightly pink in vanilla) to the finished liquid after 2 weeks

Blueberry

Lovely Blueberry flavour, nice natural sweetness to finished flavour and an occasional hint of bitnerness in the background, This isnā€™t an overpowering artificial flavour like some blueberry flavours, so if used as a standlalone may need to mix stronger, but as a mixer somewhere between 4 and 5 drops should suffice nicely

Vanilla

Very natural clean flavour, a little weak at the levels I mixed it at, but not a standalone vape for me, but as with all MF flavours, should definitely be usable in a mix

Caramel

Nice mellow slightly creamy caramel finished flavour, no real strong burnt sugar taste you get with some caramels, quite refreshing on the palate and a very pleasant recognisable flavour

Butterscotch

Not an overpowering flavour mixed at the quantities I used, may need mixing stronger. Like the caramel a very recognisable, smooth slighly creamy finished flavour. Needs a little more sweetness to make it pop for my tastes

Will start a second test to cover the 4th week of steeping later next week and post any changes/development of flavours after that, if there is still any interest in these flavours and my reviews

4 Likes

Just a few notes to let you all know how itā€™s going with the Medicine Flower flavorsā€¦
Iā€™m vaping the Medicine Flower Black Cherry mixed at 1% with Yogurt FW mixed at 6%. Love it.
The Morello Cherry is good with a tiny bit of Pink Lady (like 4 drops in the tank) or a tiny bit of Exotic Fruits by INA at 3%.
Sometimes Iā€™ll add a bit of FA Cherry trying to up the cherry flavor. Need to mix the Morello Cherry at 1.5% rather than 1% and give it more steep/try.
I only vape at about 30 watts max, but yes I have found that heat really helps steep the MF fast making the flavors bloom.
Iā€™m trying to vape all of my MF flavors (now 24) in every tank with something or by itself. I did get Watermelon. Itā€™s excellent.
The last couple of days, I have a cold and Iā€™ve been trying out the Lemon. Itā€™s lovely. Lemon got mixed by accident with the MF Butterscotch. That was good.
Now Iā€™ve got the lemon in with DeMommaā€™s Peaches and Pecans recipe about 50/50.
In another tank (TFV4 mini) Iā€™ve got Almond with some TPA Milk. Thatā€™s as good as Hazel Milk (which I really enjoy).
Iā€™ve had excellent results making Blueberry Cheesecake using the Blueberry. Finallyā€¦ a good strong real blueberry!

Looking at my notes, I find: MF Morello Cherry with MF Watermelon and TPA Vanilla Swirl and FW Buttercream. Iā€™ll try that again later.
MF Watermelon with drops MF Raspberry and MF Coconut is good.
MF Blackberry with Yogurt, Cream Fresh and Custard FA was good.

2 Likes

Today I am going to post my final opinion and comments about the 25 flavors I got and tried. Thereā€™s some (listed below) that I still need to try.
To sum it up, Iā€™d say,ā€¦ Donā€™t possibly waste your money on the other flavors, but do buy Blueberry, Butterscotch, Peach, Watermelon, and Lemon for sure!
Today, I strengthened all but Peach and Butterscotch to 2% rather than 1%. Maybe this will improve my ability to use/vape them.
Flavors I have tried to use:
Almond - Havenā€™t been able to use, enjoy. Prefer other brands.
Apple, Green - Havenā€™t been able to use, enjoy. I donā€™t like it and canā€™t add anything to make it good.
Banana
Blackberry
Blueberry - Excellent vaping every day as Blueberry Cheesecake mix. Wouldnā€™t live without it.
Butterscotch - Excellent vaping every day. Wouldnā€™t live without it. Vaping as single flavor 1 to 1.2%.
Caramel
Cherry, Black
Cherry, Morello
Chocolate, Dark
Chocolate, White
Coconut
Coffee
Fig - Havenā€™t been able to use, enjoy.
Guava - Havenā€™t been able to use, enjoy.
Hazelnut - Havenā€™t been able to use, enjoy.
Lemon - Vaping every day with other flavors added.
Mango
Orange - Vaping with other flavors added.
Passionfruit - Good. ?Better than othersā€¦ I donā€™t know.
Peach - Excellent vaping every day. Wouldnā€™t live without it.
Pomegranate
Raspberry
Vanilla
Watermelon - Good. Better than others = yes.

WANT TO TRY MEDICINE FLOWER: http://medicineflower.com/flavorextracts.html
Apple Golden
Apple Red
Bergamot
Cantaloupe
Grape
Honeydew Melon
Honey
Pear
Plum
Strawberry

4 Likes

This a very faint Apple flavor. Itā€™s better when mixed with other Apple flavors.[quote=ā€œJoy, post:130, topic:38088ā€]
Strawberry
[/quote]

This is a good strawberry flavor, but a little mild also. I mix it with other strawberries. Itā€™s better when mixed @ 1.5% or more for a lead flavor in a mix.

2 Likes

Mine leak out the air holes. But, I had to go and re-watch a review by DJLsb Vapes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6BMUrHV-c to figure out the juice flow control. I believe the part you are describing. If you hold it still and turn the tank clockwise (looking down at the top of the tank), that opens up the juice flow. I do realize how it is situated in there and about the pin. Itā€™s amazing that you have your juice flow right just by chance. I must keep mine set to wide open so I donā€™t get dry hits. And noā€¦ I donā€™t have too much cotton in there. Just a light amount landing at the top of the cotton-holding ring.

Both of my Cthula leak after filling. Juice comes out the air holes. I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s a wicking issue. Itā€™s a pressure issue. I think when I unscrew the top fill it leaks down into that area below the coil. If I turn it upside down and then open the air holes, it reduces the amount that leaks out of the air holes, but it doesnā€™t eliminate the leak. If I donā€™t turn it upside down and I fill it and open the air holes, I get a huge flood coming out of the air holes. Itā€™s like 1 whole ml.

I have a really bad issue with my Cthulhu v2. The top fill threads are so bad, to get it on I must keep trying hard for about 3 to 4 minutes. Lately, I just give up. Itā€™s only on by about 1/4th turn. I contacted Fasttech and after 5 or 6 emails they gave me an $8 refund off the price of it. At first, they were insisting I make a video not referencing them in any way and put it somewhere and send them a link to the video. I refused to make a video. They lied saying the manufacturer needed it. I am never ordering from FT again. Itā€™s not worth it. Come onā€¦ I have better things to do other than email 6 times in order to get a lousy 8 bucks. Iā€™ve ordered hundreds of dollars in merchandise from them, and I refuse to be treated like a robot. Enough on that - and forever.

1 Like

Honestly, I was embarrassed to tell I mix them with other brands of the same flavor. Yup. That fixes them up. Iā€™m trying not to do so.
I did mention before how it seems like ā€˜realā€™ and ā€˜artificialā€™ flavors together seem to give you a boom.

Thanks Pro_Vapes. Personally, I wonā€™t buy something that has a faint flavor.
I might stop here. I have a lot of good apple flavor brands already.
I wouldnā€™t live without the Butterscotch and the Peach. Iā€™ll be restocking those.
Iā€™ll see what I can do with the chocolates now that Iā€™ve doubled the strength.
So, do you prefer the strawberry that is mixed with other strawberries? Will you re-order?

3 Likes

Yep. I really like these flavors. Iā€™ve already reordered the blueberry, peach and watermelon.

Raw Foods still has the peach and blueberry for $10.55 for 1/2 oz.
http://www.therawfoodworld.com/m/flavorextracts-p100372

2 Likes

Gosh at that price maybe I should get a 3rd bottle. I already have a second.

2 Likes

I say get it while the gittinā€™s good. Who knows, you might not see them that cheap again.

2 Likes

You know, I think you are right. Good advice that I am taking. I know Iā€™m going to use it, and Iā€™d be so sad to pay twice as much later. I got a flavor order todayā€¦ Greek Yogurt for one. Iā€™m excited to try them. Put some to steep right away.

2 Likes

Anyone use VapeCrafter to buy MF extracts yet ? 1/4 Dram 2.99 1/2 dram 5.99 1 dram 9.99 ? The quantities seem good at first glance then I figured how many Mls were in them.

https://www.vapecrafter.com/products/medicine-flower-flavors

1/4 is less than 1 ml 0.9241728

1/2 dram is 1.84835

1 dram is 3.69669

seems like Lotus ( ECX ) is still a better option 5 mls for 10$ Any chance someone has found a better option. Even Rawliving has steep pricing I realize the purity and elegance of MF but am always looking to bargain !

5 Likes

Raw food world is where I grab mine , in the past they would have three flavors for almost half price at around $11.00 .Now I see they are $15.75 for the three that are on sale.They just have a small selection though.
https://www.therawfoodworld.com/flavorextracts-p100372
I thought about ordering the flavor base from Vapecrafters to make Open Source Vapors Toka Cola now that they are closed as it consists of eight MF flavors that I donā€™t have as of yet.The price was way too low for it to be MF extracts but I did see that they have them?

3 Likes

Had a look on the website and there are a few new flavours available from last time I looked.

The Acacia Honey flavour and the Grapefruit appeal to me.

Also 2 other new flavours Cantaloupe and Wild Flower Honey

3 Likes