Mentor Group (JoJo messed it up again...now its Forum-Founder and it's staying that way.)

Didn’t Batman cheat to beat Superman?

Alls fair in love and war

Besides Batman didn’t cheat he justed used his brain…

1 Like

WOW How I missed this thread is beyond me. The plague hitting my house really threw me off. After reading through it I am kind of glad I missed it. Love you guys and gals

4 Likes

War isn’t fair. Thanks to the Geneva rules of war. We cannot use .50 cal MG against people or use hollow points. But Batman cheated I think. Own opinion. At least they became friends afterwards just like us. I love you

4 Likes

Aww that’s sweet! Does that mean your gonna stop stalking me!?

1 Like

uh, nope! im right outside your window right now

1 Like

Well I hope you brought the macro lens this time!

1 Like

not taking pictures this time. just enjoying the view. i love you too

Wow. Reading this thread sure has been a roller coaster ride. I have a lot to catch up on overall on the complete forum…I have backed away the last few months as I was uncomfortable with how the forums have been developing, the cliques, and the animosity amongst what I have always considered my family and a wonderful place to be.

I am not speaking on the badges, names whatever. But to honest, this is the first hopeful moment I have had here in a while.I am hopeful that the changes (good, bad, or indifferent) are beginning, and will stop the back sliding and disrespect that seems to have become the accepted norm anymore.

I know my opinions are my own, and I am encouraged that this forum might head back into the welcoming place it used to be.

Going to lurk in the shadows again now :wink: I am lurking all the time, just haven’t had anything constructive to contribute.

I do thank every person here for commenting and being passionate about this forum and giving me hope !!!

20 Likes

hope to see you more often , your absence has been noticed and you are missed !!!

6 Likes

@Ryuk

!!!

Wow, what a thread! I think @daath conveying his emotions through meme’s summed it up about perfect!!! Such a prime example of what makes ELR great though. Any time there exists such a diversity of personalities in one place, there is bound to be conflict at times, but it is how the conflicts are handled that matters! I saw so many opinions, and not one was overlooked! Everyone’s opinion was acknowledged and given its due diligence as such, and to me this really shows what makes ELR different from other forums.

I think this may be why some are not taking so kindly to changes that may or may not occur here. People come to ELR for advice, but they stay for the atmosphere created by the people here! Because of what ELR is, many people here feel as if it is their internet home, and they become (real-life) friends to the others here. Therefore, when change comes knocking, they feel that it may take this away from them, but, imo, this will never happen because of the great people that make ELR what it is.

Badge/flair, or none, it does not make a difference to me. It makes not one better than another…however, I do kinda feel as @Amy2 said before:

This isn’t set in stone, and I have always been the experimental type to at least try new things to see what happens before making a final decision on whether I like it or not, so I say “Let’s try this and see what happens”, because after all, not all change is bad…and if it doesn’t work, no harm/no foul, it can all be removed…

13 Likes

I agree with @SessionDrummer on the work remark.
As Project management i aswell am having loads of work hours and its more of a fight for me to come here and start reading and/or replying.

Tbh, i have no clue what those badges mean that i receive somethimes or what kind of person it would make me, i pay no attention on them.
i like the group as a whole, always gotten helped and to be clear, i found out about this because i needed help.
I learned alot thanks to you pepole and i keep on here to keep learning.

Cheerz all!

7 Likes

Man you have no idea how many times I’ve thought “I wonder if I could put moderator on my resume… :thinking::laughing:

10 Likes

You totally should! Seriously!

7 Likes

Interestingly, you can indeed add this to your resume.

Moderator of e-liquid-recipes.com, my responsibilities included user management (1000+) and the smooth running of a busy discussion forum as well as ensuring the database was free from duplicate entries.

Or something… :confused: Flesh it out a bit more…

9 Likes

You can.
I would be happy to see it on a CV I am reviewing, as long as it comes with a supporting statement as to what it taught you

6 Likes

For anything collaboration based, I’d put the CV on the review further pile if I read something like the following
"I am part of a team of 6 moderating a 1000+ active users forum dedicated to flavour mixing where enthusiasts discuss their creations and help each other out. I ensure that standards of discussion are maintained and productive debate is possible. I also join in discussions, maintain the recipe databases and help shaping new features for the website. To perform these tasks to completion, I have learned to adapt my negotiation and convincing skills to match expectations from a set of individuals from very varied backgrounds."
I would avoid mentioning what the flavours are for as there is an association with smokers/vapers and endless breaks :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Every time they fought over the years. Trickery, help from his friends (Flash, Atom, Green arrow etc.) and all around superior intelligence. Superman even gives Batman a kryptonite ring to keep him in check because he knows Batman can take him down.

My nerd is showing lol

5 Likes

Sounds painful… :dizzy_face:

4 Likes