Mesh As Coil not as wick

Do you like a nice airy vape with good direct lung hits?

Somewhat resricted. On the goon I’m at 1.25 holes. On the supreme it’s cut way down. So I’m into the slightly restricted lung hit. But I don’t really direct lung inhale. I take a big draw then inhale…I like tasting the flavor on the inhale and exhale.

I’ve tried the geekvape Amit single coil and don’t like how it wicks, I like the kayfun v5 but need a touch more air and more space to fit a bigger coil (flavor is great there). I love love the crown v1, but I don’t like buying coils…lol…I have 20 of the originals stashed. The aromamizer v1…havnt managed to put a good build in it.

So yeah.

Great info. Sending you a PM.

I have a BT clown on the way from China… need to test the system before I spend 140 Euros on an atty… Very curious!

1 Like

On the Velocity I think the flavor is good ( IF ) you put a piece of tape on the out side over the air slot that’s not in front of the mesh ( He shows it at 7:31 in the video ) BUT I am going to try mesh on both side’s and it should have tons of flavor

I think it will last a while ( you can dry burn and rewick )
Now # 400 mesh is more flimsy than # 300 mesh but thats all I had
Most people use # 300 mesh

1 Like

Got my BT clone from Shenray the other day and set it up yesterday. Did the recommended 5*8 300 mesh thing, stuffed with Miracle Cotton. So far it’s performing okay, really nothing special or that great - definitely nothing I’d drop 140 Euros on. However, I’ll still have to tinker with it a bit, to do it justice. Being a new system it’s a learning curve, which is exactly what I wanted.
So far the clouds are… meager, disappointing. And I say that as someone who doesn’t care about the clouds really, but I could have bigger clouds at 35W without throwing 60-70W at it. The flavour is alright, though. Maybe I put too much cotton in there.

One last thing, the Shenray clone is pretty cool, since you get the 510 adapter ready to go with it and an additional acrylic big ol’ drip tip! Love that. (Not sure whether that will be the case with all of the Shenray Taifun BTs or just the first batch, so don’t forget to ask first!)

2 Likes

Do you have a link for it ?

Bought it on TaoBao… right here

I believe they should have an official website for the west…

1 Like

Hey @Rob62, our buddy @R0B posted this on Discord today. I was very intrigued and ordered one, but thought of you right off. Check it out. Here’s a video to watch too.

3 Likes

And then there is a mesh coil RTA. Weird and wonky. Actually thinking about getting one.

2 Likes

yeah cant wait for my CETO, only went on the site yesty, ordered one straight away.
yeah I watched that video a while back on the taifun BT, tbh at the start i was like OMFG what is this headache.
by the end of it. when he showed how easy to wick. pull out cotton. cram some more in, i thought wow that is amazing imagine the flavor from that surface area… .

anyway ill update you on some info / photos and a build when i get it.
i just purchased a shit ton of gear so have lots of photos to list on my site.

1 Like

Way cool now they just need a Hex Squonk pin that go’s up to the top of the cotton :+1:
I just looked at there site and they do have a long squonk tube :+1: I hope it’s a Hex pin :pray:

3 Likes

I just ordered one :smiley: Hey @wvsanta check it out
http://www.cthulhumod.com/ceto-rda-first-mesh-rda/

And Thank You @SthrnMixer for the heads up :thumbsup:

It comes with 304 SS BUT 316L SS mesh from lightning vapes will taste better

4 Likes

Thank you @sirgalvid1 for posting Todd’s review of the Taifun BT. I’m not all giddy about the tank, although it’s off the charts for uniqueness. I just think Todd is a really cool guy and so refreshing to see someone review who doesn’t have to be a “character” and is simply himself. I’d drink a beer with him :slight_smile:

3 Likes

well the 2 robs first to ceto,
its funny cause as soon as i ordered it i went to lightning vapes. haha
I couldnt find it on there. what weave and size did u get?

1 Like

Just about to buy one but wtf is eco tax?

My guess is some environmental BS. The climate alarmists have succeeded in extracting massive amounts of cash from the citizens of planet earth, and that “eco” stuff sounds just about right…but that’s a guess only. I know VAT is value added tax, which IMO is just governmentese for we’re taking more of your money and can’t justify it, so we made up a name to sound legit.

I didn’t have either on my order. I live in South Carolina, USA

If you find out what it is and if my suspicions are correct do please reply. I did find this

1 Like

Sounds like it is the environment bs, that’s all “eco” basically means. “We want more money from you”.

"A tax levied on products,practices, or activities which are considered to be harmful to the environment " Really?

We deal with VAT ,"value added tax " in the uk on every purchase, that I understand, I don’t think it’s right and can’t do shit about it, but even the priceing on your order is different. Yours is $36 for the atty and mine is $34, so have they already added the “eco tax” to yours without saying?
$4 flat rate shipping is the same, why they just didn’t price the atty at $36 and not mention eco tax :scream:
Strange!!?!?!

1 Like

Not sure really. I figure your invoice show those taxes so they’ll be able to prove they were in compliance with trade agreements…maybe? As for my pricing - well I find the difference in the atty price interesting but not alarming, which is what they probably are banking on. Pun intended.

1 Like

Two Robs? Is that Kiwi math? :laughing: