Milk Frother

My ZENPRO milk frother works great. Here’s a sample picture of what my milk frother can do.
I purchase it on Amazon and oh, here’s a discount code: ZENPRO15 (code still works. my friend used it yesterday).

3 Likes

I want that coffe right now uhh looks so good. I still use mine occasionally but stick with a rotary tool and a magnetic mixer for the most part. Of course my milk frother is a cheaper version I am sure…bed bath and beyond 10$.

For someone who is interested I saw on the trade thread someone was getting rid of a brand new Magnetic mixer.

3 Likes

I have been happy with the Norpro mini mixer.It is basically a frother but it has four attachments to mix with.Most of the time I mix in beakers so the opening is large enough to use the frother attachment.There are times when mixing a 10ml sample that the small plastic split attachment comes in very handy.It will fit in all the bottles that I have.
I have read reviews about the plastic attachments falling off , but I have yet to experience it.It is a tight press fit so maybe the reviewers didn’t get it pushed up far enough?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Norpro-Deluxe-Cordless-Mini-Kitchen-Drink-Mixer-Frother-Cappuccino-Latte-2273/281795632956?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D34494%26meid%3D18d10e35d22747bda751556be4d4851d%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D221899224254&rt=nc

1 Like

I use a milk frother as well, and seems to work very well with 10ml batches. 30ml and above it tends to bog down a bit unless my VG is warm. Which it is, because I keep the bottle of VG in a coffee mug of hot water to keep it that way. Then it helps kickstart the steeping process along with the air. I might try one of those paint mixers though, sure would be nice to not have to heat the VG unless I wanted to. And my frother is a 4 1/2 star well reviewed one from Amazon…I think it was around $12-13? Not pricey, but good power reviews. I have been looking at others, but don’t want to end up going through 3-4 and spending $50+. Like throwing away money. Still a lot better than shaking til my arm falls off, and does blend even when bogs a little, just a little less enthusiastically :wink:

1 Like

Got a cheap one it’s so underpowered. Stirs my coffee pretty good. I mix in bottles is there something that will fit in a bottle and mix? Heard about a paint mixer on Amazon. Will it fit? If so please post link. Ty in advance

1 Like

This is what I use and it works like a champ on anything from 15ml to 120 ml glass bottles.

5 Likes

Can anyone recommend a milk frother or something similar that fits in the small testing bottles that we use?

1 Like

I have this one and the two wand paddle fits in my 15ml bottles; fits in the 10ml as well but not effective in the shorter plastic bottle.

Not sure which one you’re talking about… since you’re talking about the 2 paddles… maybe you’re talking about the Badger Airbrush paint mixer?

1 Like

No, have a badger as well though, forgot the link for the other.

4 Likes

I was just reading the reviews

Opinions are a bit divided, lots of people saying it’s low build quality, poor motor performance for 70/30 liquids or thicker, only good for very small quantities, … not really reassuring :roll_eyes:

What are your experiences with it? I need it especially for 60ml and 120ml bottles, 70VG/30PG.

2 Likes

I use the frother blade primarily. It will work up to 120ml but it takes longer. My juice is generally around 85-75vg. I’ve been using the norpro frother blade attached to the badger motor for my 60-120ml batches. Badger motor is some stronger but norpro blade is better. I do mix anything over 15ml in beakers.

4 Likes

No need for a milk frother…Get a $10.00 dremel tool…put a 1/8 inch drill bit on it…Get some drink stir straws at Meijer…cut straw in half or longer depending on size of your bottle…cut a 1/4 to 1/2 inch slit at the end of straw…slip straw onto drill bit…you’re good to go…and slender straw allows frothing, no matter how small the bottle opening is…remove straw, and proceed to next mix…no cleaning, no mess…very efficient and inexpensive… I got my dremel tool for $10.00 at Harbor Freight…

5 Likes

Thanks, I was thinking along those lines in the meantime. I’m not so keen on using straws, too much plastic polluting our oceans already. I’m playing around with some reusable 22g wire to make my own mixing bits that I can put on my drill. It’ll involve some cleaning but it’s better than a tennis elbow from shaking :slight_smile:
DIY all the way.

2 Likes

I don’t get it, all this frothing and drilling.
I make my mixes in a 16 ounce plastic bottle with squirt tip AND CAP. I make the mix, then cap the bottle, and drop in a sink of hot water. Then I shake the bajeebus out of it.
Then I squirt it into the bottles I want it in.
Are y’all thinking that frothing (which I did early on with my liquid barn starter kit) helps to reduce steep time?

2 Likes

i never use heat and never will

Nope, if you mix for friends too, you don’t want to end up with an injury from all the shaking…

2 Likes

@anon28032772 I got that one after watching a YT DIYer use it and it works fine for what it is. I’ve done 75/25 120’s with it. Very doable.

2 Likes

with ultras however… frothing will make the gases escape and you need the gasses to help mature the flavor…

do as you wish, but those of us know better than to froth.

3 Likes

So i must rather shake before i froth cause i always thought if i do froth it will evaporate the strong taste it sometimes gives me did not think of it that way @anon84779643 better to heat shake and steep?

3 Likes

I’m open to other solutions that are easier on the elbows than shaking…

3 Likes