"Mix this" for November monthly ongoing friendly challenge

@Ken_O_Where came up with this idea and I think it is worth ressurecting. The idea is each month someone picks a finished flavor profile and anyone who chooses to can post a recipe with their version of the mix. Should be very informative as to how different mixers approach a profile differently and how different flavors in combination can achieve similar final products. Should be a good learning experience and just maybe a little fun :wink:

It was suggested i choose the first months profile.

Pumpkin pie with whipped cream!

Let the madness begin

18 Likes

Iā€™ll be watching this thread and intently waiting for next month, as pumpkin is not something I enjoy vaping lol

9 Likes

I donā€™t have pumkin yet but I do have in coming in if Iā€™m lucky next weekend from flvā€¦I think they have a pumpkin flavor.

7 Likes
11 Likes

Great idea, but I will be watching from the sidelines and hopefully learn from it instead of participating, as this really isnā€™t my kind of profile.

6 Likes

I donā€™t have pumpkin in my inventory but Iā€™ll keep an eye on this thread.

3 Likes

This is really good and one Iā€™ve been ADVā€™ing for a while. It is not as Egg Nog forward as you might infer by the %, because TPA Egg Nog is not really a close Egg Nog to real life at all. The Pumpkin Spice and the EN spices blend well for a really nice spicy vape. The Smooth, Stevia stone, and noggy part of the EN really make it sweet, creamy, and smooth too. You could get away with describing it as a pumpkin pie, and itā€™s already a good vape just 5 days in and only gets better with timeā€¦

8 Likes

Watching aswell, only pumpkin flavor i have is (wf) pumpkin candy and it has nothing to do with pumpkin or candy corn or candy! Lol But love the idea, looking forward of seeing some interesting mixes.

2 Likes

Same here. I like profiles like this a lot, and so far have only Holiday to show for my efforts. Iā€™d love to see some new inspirations.

4 Likes

I know nobody will be able to mix this, but here it is!

9 Likes

Ill playā€¦ Here is a unmixed concept for this threads posted " real food " recipe , I will mix this up 2nite .

i was also thinking FLV cream with some FLV greek yogurt instead of the Hangsen IC and FA cream whipped so maybe ill mix both

9 Likes

This looks like a good start, I see in your notes about wanting to try some flv cin crunch, I might piggy back off of that and try it out! I havenā€™t tried hs Italian cream, but I think some cap NY cc might be a good fit here for a touch of cream cheese.
Thanks for the inspiration @fidalgo_vapes , hereā€™s my first go at it, adapted from your v1.

Thanks for the great idea, @mixologist13!

7 Likes

Iā€™m dropping the Papaya from mine. SFT had me thinking it would be a good support for Pumpkin, not so much. Might go with a drop or 2ā€¦ 1% is way high.

4 Likes

awesome , this is why i jumped on board when this first came up a year or so ago ā€¦ i think the easiest way to learn is to follow other mixers . @Pro_Vapes and a couple other mixers i always relied on to learn ā€¦

5 Likes

Pumpkin Pie 1
3.00% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (FW)
3.00% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)
2.00% Butterscotch Ripple (FW)
2.00% Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA)
2.00% Pumpkin Spice (TPA)
1.00% Hazelnut (FW)
1.00% Sweetener (TPA)

9 Likes

How is this one? This looks to be the only one that I may be able to mix from this thread so far, but I donā€™t have Butterscotch Rippleā€¦I have FLV Butterscotch and MF Butterscotchā€¦which do you suggest as a sub and at what %

I am mixing as we speak and would like to mix this one now, so anyone who can help, please do so! Thanks!

7 Likes

Of those two Iā€™d go with mf butterscotch at probably .5%. the ripple is like a butterscotch ice cream, so itā€™s not a super strong butterscotch. .5 of mf should give it just enough of that little sweet swirl of flavor I would think.

4 Likes

Thanks, thatā€™s what I was thinking, but I have only used that flavor a couple of times, whereas I have used the Butterscotch Flavorah way moreā€¦ I think I will make 30 mls of each just to try bothā€¦

4 Likes

I havenā€™t used any MF products, although they are suppose to be strong, Iā€™d go with what @Ths1MxrChk suggested as a person familiar with that product. One thing to consider thoughā€¦ when I had mixed this up for my step daughter she was vaping at about 20 - 25 watts, if your doing a higher wattage it might be a bit flavor heavyā€¦ if that does turn out to be the case I would suggest to just add a bit more vg to the mix (If your making a 30 ml batch add 5 ml more vg to your mixed juice) it might drop your nic level down just a touch, but itā€™s a very easy way Iā€™ve learned to ā€œfeel outā€ a recipe when it tasted too strong. It may be fine as it is thoughā€¦ Iā€™ve personally noticed the higher wattage I vape at the less flavoring (for the most part) I need to taste a recipeā€¦ Hope it works out for you.

5 Likes

Hereā€™s one that I made just before Halloween, and after steeping for a couple weeks, the flavors have calmed down and become pretty smoothā€¦

I also mixed @CallMeTutā€™s recipe, but had to sub the 1% Hazelnut (FW) with Hazel Grove (Hazelnut) (FA) at 0.50%, and the 2% Butterscotch Ripple (FW) I replaced with Butterscotch (MF) 0.50% at @Ths1MxrChkā€™s suggestion, and then I made another version with Butterscotch (FLV) at 1.35%ā€¦

They are steeping now, and they smell delightful @CallMeTut!!!

7 Likes