Mixers Block

So I’m at a point where all my usual go to mixes just aren’t doing it for me and I’m not sure where to go from here. I’m going to look through some of the public mixes to find some inspiration. Anybody else ever run into this?

7 Likes

I just go to my stash and pick a flavor randomly and build off of that I just now did that kind of fun

6 Likes

What did you pick?

2 Likes

I usually just grap someone for a quick snack with relish. It’s always been that my taste buds were flat. Gotta wake em up a little.

11 Likes

Pick one flavour then go to

http://www.ingredientpairings.com

add more flavours as you go

12 Likes

I read in another thread (sorry, can’t remember which one) that there is a random recipe creator. Maybe take some risks and try that :rofl:

7 Likes
10 Likes

usually a bakery or custard sometime a random fruit for a base and then I build off of that
here’s one I just did that with not mixed yet just a concept right now but fun to develop it as needed

5 Likes

This I am going to have to try!

3 Likes

Looking at your stash, I would go for a Cucumber-mint Pomegranate Yogurt! That should shake things up a bit.

9 Likes

Sounds interesting! I might have to give it a try.

5 Likes

it’s fun just build it in layers base / main /and accent notes (flavors) and just do like 10 mls for a test let it steep and see if you like it

3 Likes

Sounds like a nice Springtime vape. Let me know if you try it, I’d be interested in the results.

3 Likes

Maybe if you like to help out a newbie, try this:

Substitute them with the ones you have and let me know if you liked it?

5 Likes

Ill mix it I’d be happy to try it I will have to sub a few

5 Likes

I have too little time to mix so no time to worry about wixer block.

My suggestion, take any mix you have and add menthol :slight_smile: Possibilities are endless!

2 Likes

@NChris Do you have anybody that follows you or do you follow anybody?

Whenever I get Mixers block, I look through recipes of people I follow and or people that follow me. Now I’m not saying the public recipes are bad, it just takes forever to find a good one.

Another thing I do is look through the recipes of some of the people I respect, that post in the forums. For instance, take a look at some of the folks that posted to this thread, like @woftam or @Steve-o_54 etc. Lets see, our fearless leader @daath has a bunch of good ones .

Anywho, just some ideas.

I think I’ll go check out that crazy eliquid machine Oh ya, I forgot to mention the what can I make button. In your recipe page click on user (upper right) scroll down till you see “what can I make?” it will show you all the recipes you can make according to what you have in you flavors “stash”

5 Likes

Yes. I seem to have more new mixes on paper than I’ve axtually made. Lazy mixer syndrome. The only thing I’ve been mixing lately is a 2 flavor cheat using 9.4% purilium pecan praline ice cream and .2-.3% hangsen French ice cream. Been too busy to be creative in mixing. Try the mix above then see if you get some ideas coming through steep is 5-8 days but because I’m so lazy I’m not even steeping

5 Likes

I can’t count the times I’ve been thru Mixers block. Sometimes it last for 2-3 months. @Amy2 made a post a while ago that really inspired me with Ideas for new mixes. Maybe this will help out…

I’ve made some of my best mixes by perusing actual recipe sites. Good luck and I hope you get your inspiration soon.

9 Likes

I did that last night. I pulled out the FA Joy and tried to base a recipe around a big yeasty hit of it. I picked joy because I like it even though i find it nauseating and gross :nauseated_face:. I’m yet to try it.

Yeast Infection
Dragonfruit (TPA) 4%
Joy (FA) 2%
Rainbow Sherbet (TPA) 0.5%
Sweet Cream (TPA) 2%
Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) 0.5%

4 Likes