Mixing blended flavors

How would you calculate flavoring if it is a VG/PG blend or vice versa? Am I correct in assuming you would mix based on the first ingredient?

For example, if I have a flavoring where the ingredients are listed as PG/VG/ethyl, how do I put that into the calculator? Does it go by first ingredient?

Idk…good question…I look forward to others response to this, but for me personally, I would just put it in as PG as most of my other flavors are PG based, because chances are that you are not putting that much of the flavoring in question in your recipe to make that much of a difference. But if it means that much to you, you could put it in twice and just cut the ratio in half for PG and half for VG…i don’t know what flavor it is that you are using, but let’s say you want a total of 4% of that flavor in your recipe, click add flavor and choose the flavor you want to add using only 2% as PG, then click the add flavor again and put in the same flavor and put it as 2% vg, so you will have a total of 4% with half being pg based and half being vg based…I hope that makes sense

Are you talking about a flavoring you purchased or made yourself?
If you purchased this flavoring you should be able to locate the msds somewhere that would list it’s specific gravity, if it is a flavoring you created yourself, you should be able to figure the sg out to use, if other than using a standard of 1g=1ml.
As an example I copied a recently posted recipe on another thread of:

Strawberry Apple

Ingredient %
Fuji Apple (FA) 3
Marshmallow (TPA) 1
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 8

Flavor total: 12%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Using a program that I keep and store my recipes and flavorings in shows me that the above recipe would be:

I use the standard of 1g=1ml for ingredients when making recipes, however if you were using this recipe as a ingredient, you will see that it is actually 1.187g=1ml.

1 Like

Are you creating your own flavors? If so you may be able to use the “Create Flavor Base” function off of the blue wrench and save it as a single ingredient. That would require knowing the particular ratios of each ingredient though so wouldn’t work for store bought items.

1 Like

I have created and posted my flavor stash if that helps.

If they are all Liquid Barn Flavors you just need to choose the right one from the drop down menu. Don’t worry about the VG/PG on the flavors. As someone else said most are primarily PG. The only time I can think of that you would need to manually enter the flavorings PG/VG ratio is if you are making a custom flavoring from scratch.

1 Like

Real Flavors
Contains NO PG, dyes, or added sugar
so for a flavor like that you can select VG based as the flavor carrier when you expand a flavor in your stash

1 Like