Mixing fatigue?

Organization and making it as easy as you can is the key.
For myself, I must have the flavors so I can sit and reach them all. I’m also bent on keeping them upright.
I have 3 plastic containers. Two of them contain my TPA flavorings and one contains all other brands.
They are sorted first by type and then in a-z order. I have categories.
A- Additives, AS- Additives Sweeteners, AM- Menthol, B- Bakery, C- Coffee, CH- Chocolate, D- Dairy, DV- Dairy Vanilla, F- Flavors, J- Juice, L- Liqueur, N- Nut, and T- Tobacco.

It all makes sense to me, what flavors would go in each category. I can immediately go "okay Rootbeer is in F- Flavors and then move alphabetically to the 'R’s.
Raspberry would be in J- Juice then before ‘S’ flavors.
Anything with ‘vanilla’ in it’s name is in the DV - Dairy Vanilla area.
I have a Microsoft Word document I call “E-Juice Inventory” that lists all of my flavors in this order. I use it while I’m mixing to sometimes check if I have a flavor. I also contains the amounts of flavor I bought, like for example Brown Sugar below listed as shown means you use 2 to 20% and I’ve bought a 60ml and a 4ml bottle of it. I got the percentages from lists on ELR.
F- Brown Sugar [2-20%] by TPA 60ml +4ML
I’ll gladly share this document if anyone wants it. You can add or delete flavors to suit your inventory. I tried to upload it, but it must be a JPG document. If someone can convert it, let me know.

I experience mixing fatigue as well. I recently have started to batch base flavours and then add it to my nic and VG base in to make 100 ml amounts. I use blunt tip and syringe method don’t even want the hassle of batching by weight. It took two years to come up with three or so recipes that like well enough to replicate. Also I have moved way down in % of nicotine (from 26% to 3%) as my devices have changed over the last two years. It was once common for a 30ml batch to last six days, now I drip… and a 100 ml bottle just gets me though a week.
Snuff! I had a huge snuff collection (addiction) going for years… I am of the opinion, nothing delivers like a full measure of Tom’s Buck… I wish vaping gave me that same satisfaction.

Before I started mixing by weight, I thought it was going to be a hassle, too. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth - it’s so much easier, more accurate, and clean-up is a breeze. I can’t believe I waited so long to try it. (You do need a scale that reads to 1/100 of a gram; this is the one I have: http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scales-LB-501-Digital/dp/B005UGBG20?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00)

I don’t bother with syringes anymore (again, reducing clean-up), just disposable pipettes, which I got on Amazon, 100 of them for 3 bucks. With big bottles of PG and VG, I don’t use a syringe or a pipette; I just screw off the cap and screw on an appropriately sized “ketchup bottle” type cap, with the adjustable nozzle. This is especially great with VG, which I hate drawing up in a syringe or pipette; it’s like drawing up molasses. The great thing about mixing by weight is you don’t have to worry about drawing up precise amounts of anything; just add it to your mix, and the scale will tell you when it’s enough. When I mix, clean-up is limited to cleaning: 1) a couple of “ketchup bottle” caps, one for PG and one for VG, 2) a small plastic funnel, and 3) a plastic mixing beaker. I don’t even bother trying to clean those dirt-cheap pipettes; once I use one, it goes in the trash. At three cents each, I’m not worried about it.

I still like my snuff. It delivers the full tobacco experience, and not just nicotine.

You can purchase e-liquid that contains whole tobacco alkaloids, and not just isolated nicotine, but I haven’t tried it, so I can’t say how effective it is:

http://www.aromaejuice.com/Whole-Tobacco-Alkaloid-WTA-Eliquids_c33.htm

I felt similarly.
I just decided to make time, and to make enough, to plan ahead.
Maybe it was motivation for me.

Now im stocked up with new juices, steeping, only now im thinking “isnt that enough juice?”

I think my mixing fatigue happens more from mixing larger quantities, what I mean is, I have a few 120ml mixed and steeping, and a few 50/60ml batches mixed and steeping, and a dozen or so 30ml… along with a good dozen 10/15mls and I want to mix something else, but feel I just have too much juice already, but a good 40 or 50 flavors I haven’t even got to play with. It just feels like I’m overwhelmed with options to play with but can’t because I’m already sitting on more juice than I can realistically vape already. I feel like a cook that has a fully stocked kitchen, with a ton of Mise en place and the restaurant is at the end of a dirt road in the boondocks.

1 Like

Talk about mixing fatigue,my creative juices have pretty much been shot to hell guys. Come August 8 I will no longer be able to sell my own juice legally. Due to allergies I do not blend flavors for myself. All creation for me has stopped, I have no choice. It’s a sad day in the Vape World…

1 Like

Tears :frowning: Sorry Ray I visited a local B & M pops kinda place today just to cheer the old man up …sad times. I hope it gets better but we’re all a little afraid. I know it hits home for you and that makes me sad. You still have all that knowledge ! Are you going to be able to stay in business ?

That is going to depend on a lot of variables. First and most important is if the consumer is willing to pay a whole lot more for their juice. As much as 3 times more than my eco house juice. If the customer takes to Premium juice and the cost there of then we can stay in business BUT, being 90% plus of the juice in the market (All House Juice) will be banned then will there be enough available to supply all the Vape Shops. Some Vape Shops have the money to get FDA approval but it’s doubtful that would be more than 10% of them. That means the rest will be looking for juice to buy. Equipment is the next thing. I’m guessing Kanger, Aspire and the rest of the big guys will stay in the market for at least the 2 years they have to submit product to the FDA. After that we will have to see if they feel it’s worth their trouble. If they decide to submit product then it will extend the time the product is in the market for 1 more year. If the product is approved then it can stay in the market. If not approved within that year then the product must be pulled from the marketplace. So, we can stay in business for at least 3 years or till supplies run out, BUT, if the FDA approves nothing then the Vaping Industry is no more in the US. That is what Vape Shops face in the future. A Extremely uncertain future. Meanwhile the people suffer. Can I stay in business, frankly, time will tell…

1 Like

So in short yes but time will tell. I see. I as well as the rest of us hope vaping pulls through. I visit all the necessary pages, go to the links write my story write whoever the hell will read even if they don’t read it , I still write.Hang in there Bud we’re all crossing our fingers and literally dotting our I’s.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it. I’m hopeful now that the lawsuits have begun. This stuff they’re doing can’t hold up in court !!!

4 Likes

I was trying to get to your recipes to see what kinds of vapes you like. But, I can’t seem to figure out how to do that.
If I like the same types of recipes that you do, perhaps you might like to send me some of it. Maybe we could work out a trade.

Private message sent…

When mixing fatigue hits me I just buy a new tank and/or mod. That always inspires me to mix up something new.

1 Like

I would be broke… wait… I already am… ha!

3 Likes