Mixing Problem - GoVape Concentrates

Hellooo People
so i quit smoking and I’ve been vaping for the last 2 months!
which I’m loving now :grin:
I would like some help on mixing and steeping my E-Liquieds as I’ve been purchasing
it online and the cost is adding up. So i tried my first batch which had
40% PG with 3mg nic
60% VG
15% strawberry flavour
i shock the hell to of it for about 2-3 min, after i tried vaping it and i couldn’t taste the flavour!
so i set it aside in a dark cool place for a day and shared it again, i repeated that step for about a week.
And still no success :cry:
so i made another batch but this time i increased the flavour to 20%. And still no go.
im using the GoVape brand.
i ordered the Blueberry with 6mg nic from them and it tastes amazing.
so, i must be doing something wrong.
Any feed back or pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like

Congrats! Great job!

I’m not familiar with the brand - what % do they recommend mixing at? Although at 15/20%with a 60/40 ratio I’d imagine you should be tasting something?

What set-up are you using?

It could be that the commercial juice you’re used to is packed with additional sweetener, so it will taste different to what you were used to and your tastebuds will need to adapt.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply Lolly
I’m using the Smok stick V8 with the 0.15ohm Atomizer.
i can taste the flavour but is minimal.
i don’t know if i should make another test batch with 22% flavour.
i also purchased the sweeter but i don’t know what percentage should i add.

1 Like

Is it their own brand sweetener? I’d be inclined to email them and ask for some % guidelines and steep times. Some concentrates can get stronger with steeping.

3 Likes

There may be somebody here who has experience with their concentrates. If it’s okay with you, I’ll amend the thread title to include the brand?

1 Like

yeah that should be fine
like i said, I’m new to this and any help would be appriciated.

2 Likes

You mentioned making a blueberry too and thats good? Perhaps u just dont get Strawberry, i have a prob w/ tasting SB. It is there but i know it should be stronger. I would stop mixing at higher % till u know where u should be, once u pass a certain % mark the flavor will diminish or get nasty. Since u strted at 15%, did u try to mix lower then that? GL to u and welcome aboard!

2 Likes

TBH the lowest % was 15.
does it require sweetener to enhance the flavour?
should i make another test batch at 12%?
from what I’ve found(googling) that fruit flavour can be vaped after mixing as they don’t require steeping.
is that true?
the blueberry i purchased it mixed already from the same site.
I’ve only tried mixing strawberry

1 Like

I was poking around, i found this on their FB page: “We work at 10% part from our tobacco red and gold which is 5%” I am not sure exactly what they meant since the question didn’t involve any tobacco but my guess is that u started too high. I d start over @ 5%, only making small amount. You are right about steeping , a single flavor fruit is ok as SNV.

4 Likes

I hate strawberry vapes but a lot of people like it and they usually mix a few different strawberry flavours together to get a good flavour out of it.

3 Likes

As I’m new to this so I will have to explore different flavours.
What flavours are you guys smoking?
I will make a test sample of 10ml at 5% and 10% tonight.
Hopefully that solves the flavour issue :unamused:

2 Likes

Might want to read:

Could email or phone GoVape and ask them what is a good starting percentage for single flavor and mix flavor percentages. Perhaps they publish ratios for their flavors or know a site that does.
It’s a good idea to do single flavors first and keep notes on them, then use them in a mix.
My rule of thumb, no knowledge of steep time for a flavor, steep 4 weeks minimum until you get to know the flavor(s).
With DIY, no patients no worthwhile results.

2 Likes

hi Brotherbob1
i contacted them and they said to start with 10% and then step it up by 2% to find the desired taste i want.
i just finished making a sample at 10% and i might leave it for few days to steep. ill give it a shack twice a day
and air it too.
the only thing is that they didn’t say anything about steeping the fruit flavour.
ill have a read on the link you posted and see what new things ill come across

2 Likes

Leave the cap on, there is no reason to air anything as long as you let it steep. If you air it too much it could lead to less flavor since the flavor molecules escape during the airing part.

I never leave the cap off on any mixes i do and i have never had any problems with those mixes.

5 Likes

Steeping is not something I consider a subject of concern. Some juices change a little with aging, some change a lot. I mix many mixes per mixing session and everything gets 4 weeks min. and more often, 2-3 months is not unusual. It’s all about managing what you mix vs what you have left in stock. I believe If a mix is not good or has not approached my minimal taste acceptance (after a few shakes various times through the aging process) the mix is a failure. If the taste is good only after 2-3 weeks and goes down hill, it’s not for me. If anyone believes a more rigorous mechanical/thermal intervention hastens and improves your mix, go for it.