Mod holder for the car…

Ok so I’m sure I’m not the only one that gets irritated with my mod falling over all the time while I’m driving. At the moment I just place it in my cup holder of my car but it still falls over. I’ve seen people use a small piece of those pool noodle things but that only work if it’s a plain unregulated mod since most VW mods are not simply round. I have a Kanger kbox and a cloupor T5 at the moment and have been trying to come up with an idea of something to make that I can put in my cup holder that will hold them. I’m sure I’ll have to make two separate ones since they aren’t the same shape.

Any ideas? Was thinking maybe round wood circles and cut holes in it the fit them or maybe foam with fiberglass resin…
I could be over thinking it and somebody already has a super simple solution lol

1 Like

Seems like the easiest material to work with would be a pool noodle. It’s foam, round, comes in various diameters and workable with an exacto knife. Don’t like the color? Cover it with a thin cloth, handkerchief or bandana. Don’t think I’d use a spray adhesive for the cloth; would not hold up well in the summertime heat and it stinks to high heaven.

1 Like

Something like this would work.

4 Likes

I WANT! Where do buy those???

Awesome looking holder Jeff

1 Like

Lol right. Just wish it would fit my mods. I just came up with a plan. I remembered how back in my street racing days we would fill motor mounts with liquid polyurethane and let it harden. Worked like a charm.
Well I can get a cup about the size of my cup holder and make things the size (tad larger) of my devices out of wood. And prolly a dowel a little larger then my juice bottles. Coat the wood in wax. And grab a tube of polyurethane construction adhesive from Home Depot ($7) and squeeze into cup mold and place in my fake mod and juice piece. Then wait til it sets and take them out. I might get started this weekend if I don’t have to work Saturday too.

1 Like

That’s not mine, just one I seen that I’m going to use as inspiration for my Kbox holder

1 Like

Good ideas.

1 Like

I used one of those cup holder ashtrays from the dollar store, filled it 1/2 way with spray foam from the hardware store, let it harden, then filled it 1 inch or so from the top, wrapped my mvp in a plastic baggie and set it inside the foam. Wiggle it a little so it isn’t too tight. After it hardened I took the MVP out and the foam fits it perfectly. I added some velcro to the bottom of the ashtray and the cup holder so it won’t lift out so easily and I can use it in any cup holder of the car.
If you need something wider, use a travel cup were the top is wider than the base cut it to height, and repeat the above steps.
Just calculate for the firing button. Don’t want it firing while it rests in the foam.

4 Likes

EBay has them all over…

1 Like

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291394886305&alt=web

4 Likes

I’m gonna try it today!!! great idea!!!

Just ran across J-wraps bazillion cup holders and thought of you guys. $16 each. The flip one ($30) is interesting…two types of holders in one. Still probably cheaper to make your own.

3 Likes

Those are pretty cool.

Wow thanks!!!

Nice find! $16 ain’t bad.

I thought they were pretty cool. I like all the different options. I’m definitely getting a custom wrap for my mod (whenever I get whatever I’m going to get lol) with the exploding TARDIS if I can find a high res image of it. :smile:

1 Like

Dr. Who fan, huh?

These would be cool!

2 Likes

Yes they would! :slight_smile: And yeah, just a bit.

I would get one but I used some lightweight clay and made some this weekend. Don’t know how they work because they are still curing

1 Like