Most underrated recipes on ELR

Hi ladies and gents, there are a hell of a lot of recipes here, most of which appear to have very few comments/ratings and I bet that there are some rippers among them.

What recipes have you found that you feel are really good but appear to have slipped under the radar? I thought it might be good to shed some light on these hidden treasures.

15 Likes

That’s pretty much an impossible question. It’s highly dependent on your gear, build, mood, tastes, timeframe (to allow steeping), and in and on…so it’s a lot of variables.

There are excellent single flavors out their with nice complexity, but it doesn’t taste the same on an OCC coil vs DNA TC vs PWM…that’s not even touching on atomizer and build. But I still think tasting singles is the best path to find simple flavors that work for you on your current setup.

So I guess id just answer your question with one word: singles.

4 Likes

Try going back a few years in the recipe database. There’s some real gems to be found. These days seems like more and more people are just copying someone else’s work.

5 Likes

I just order the recipes by rating and pick things that I like the sound of and have the ingredients to make. I enjoy about 1 out of 5.

Other times I’ll go to find by flavor stash, pick a flavor and order by rating. Have got a few winners this way, but have also made lots of stuff that I don’t like.

8 Likes

I didn’t think my question was impossible, I’m just asking what recipes you really like that have not gone viral

9 Likes

I do this sometimes if I’m using a new flavor and want to get the popular consensus for percentages or where it fits in a mix.

3 Likes

I could cite several, but lately I have really been into these two- one by Arnie & one by NotCharlesManson.

6 Likes

I feel like there is some good ones on mine. I would love some rates and comments!! I do my own originals. (Ill clone when i expand my flavor horizon)

10 Likes

When it goes viral i wont vape it anymore!

5 Likes

It seems that there must be hundreds of recipes that would fall into this category. Just using the order by rating function, the first 4 or 5 pages are nearly all 1 or 2 years old. With the “learn by cloning the top rated recipes” mantra for beginners, those first five pages get the most ratings because they are where most new mixers turn to to get the hang of mixing. (or something like that). Like the ratings feed themselves more ratings, leaving tons of great recipes far down the top ratings pages.

I’ve only been at this for about 4 months, and I’m thankful for the one rating I’ve received! I’ve only just recently started to make recipes that I’m really proud of, so I’m not out looking for ratings, but, it seems that my one rating came from someone who’s recipe I had recently commented on, so It wasn’t a naturally occurring rating event… I don’t know if any of the new wave of mixers could ever reach that top result page, except for that one guy, Stafylidis, from Greece, who seems to have a large cult following!

This isn’t a complaint! I love this community. I’m just saying that there must be a lot of underrated recipes on here, that are killers, that almost nobody will ever see. Just thoughts. This thread got me thinking about all of this, so It seemed a good place to discuss the thought.

17 Likes

Agreed… After a year of mixing, I just get an idea! , research it a bit about the flavors that i have and mix that up. I really don’t understand the complex prob a person would have in order to “mass” rate his own mix unless it was to sell and needed to impress morons that cant taste for them self that it taste like toe cheese. I tend to respect people 1st before remembering their name…hello @Plunderdrum, i respect u now.

7 Likes

I actually have a good toe cheese recipe! Haha! I put waaay too much LA Ny Cheesecake in one a few months ago. It was toe-tastic! Thanks for the kind words, @worm1. I haven’t recreated any recipes on here, just get an idea, research the flavors I have, too. I can’t use the most popular concentrates, anyway, because I use pg-free, even though i add pg to mine. My wife can’t handle it, so i only buy flavors without it. It totally negated my ability to make anything in the top 200. All the better, though. I love creating from the ground, up. Same thing in the kitchen; just learn what different flavors and ingredients can do, learn a few techniques, and go!

Sorry for the thread hihack!!

5 Likes

What? u cant posible hijack a thread in ELR, all good bud

5 Likes

well , perhaps u can

8 Likes

I have a few peps that i respect and fiddle w/ their bases, makes it fun and i cant f’up theirs cause it aint actually thiers

4 Likes

ill wait for @VapeyMama to say sumin’, lol

4 Likes

Lol yeah that’s how I feel too!

@cooper1, What I like to do to get away from the top rated recipes is follow people from this forum that seem to have similar tastes and flavor preferences as I do. But that does take time and participation here. Then I surf through “my recipe feed” (which is on your page on the recipe/calculator side) or just the followed individuals’ pages and find things that way. Currently I’m following 55 people and there are about 3000 recipes in my feed, which is still a lot but it’s much less to sift through than the 80,000+ recipes over on the main recipe list.

9 Likes

took me awhile to find your tag…

3 Likes

u forgot the threads question @worm1 !

3 Likes

Lmao nice hijack. :laughing:

3 Likes