Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

How many other movie or tv junkies out there? What have you seen that you would like to recommend? It can be new or old, just make its a good one (or several good ones). I’ll kick it off.

Just watched on Netflix Stonehearst Asylum. Fantastic. Hadn’t heard of it before watching and it was very much worth a look.

I’ve also been watching The Bastard Executioner from Kurt Sutter of Sons Of Anarchy fame. Excellent series and story. This one you need to see from the beginning and watch very intently to know what’s going on and follow the story.

And one more. Was a slow starter and 5 seasons long but it developed over the life of the series with better acting and plot lines. It’s the BBC production Merlin. Probably not everyone’s cup o tea but it grew on me and the last season was awesome.

Your turn. What you got?

10 Likes

I’m kinda hooked on You, Me and the Apocalypse. Funny end of days serial with Rob Lowe and Jenna Fischer. I stream it as it isn’t available on US TV that I know of.

2 Likes

Shameless on Showtime. Had my sides hurting on some of the episodes from laughing. If you like William H. Macy at all, it’s his best role.

3 Likes

All my favs are Sci-fi shows and not just the good ones (Babylon 5, Farscape, Stargate, Andromeda, Star Trek obviously, Battlestar Galactica). Loved Fringe. Liked Falling Skies, but haven’t finished it yet. I heard the ending sucked. Off the wall sci-fi shows I really liked while they lasted were Primeval, Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Alphas. If you’re into kinda dark, gritty crime shows The Killing is pretty good. Top of the Lake was good, too. I watched it all in one night. Psych is funny. Dexter if you skip the end (and haven’t already seen it). I’m working on catching up on Haven, Supernatural, and Grimm. Considering catching up on the last couple of seasons of Bones, but probably won’t. I wish they hadn’t cancel Almost Human cuz I thought it was brilliant.

So, yeah…I like TV. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Loved it!

Same here with Justified (kick ass show) and really Revolution too. That one was a bit cheesy but I was into it. Speaking of humans, did you see the pilot season of Humans? Great show. Stars Colin Montgomery who just happened to play in Merlin I mentioned before. .

3 Likes

That’s me !!! Sci-fi to the MAX !!! Pretty much loved all the Star Trek Shows, Babylon 5, Time Tunnel, Lost in Space, and others through out the years. Will admit that I’m more a movie person though. Though kinda hokey, I love numerous 1950s Sci-fi movies such as War of the Worlds, Magnetic Monster, Thing From Another World, Incredible Shrinking Man, Forbidden Planet, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Quartermass Xperiment, and so many more really great classic movies…

2 Likes

A HUGE favorite. Gotta love/hate them Gallaghers!

2 Likes

Major Galactica nerd here. Seen the entire series a number of times. Saw it all the way thru with commentaries turned on twice. Would give the wife and kid money to spend the day out and me and the dogs would turn on the surround sound and damn the neighbors! LOL good times…

4 Likes

Orange is the new black, Survivor, Big Brother, Love and Hip-Hop and Empire. That’s my Shiznit!!!

Oh, I forgot one… Hell’s Kitchen. Chef Ramsey is my Mofo.

1 Like

I like and can’t get enough AMERICAN HORROR STORY on FX it’s twised shit but hey she’s got the clicker… lol oh and another fav is the Americans

2 Likes

The Walking Dead on AMC is the Shiznitz!!!

4 Likes

Here’s a bit of stuff ;D

• Elementary
  • Sherlock
  • Ash vs Evil Dead
  • The Americans
  • Better Call Saul
  • Person of Interest
  • Game of Thrones
  • Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
  • Daredevil
  • Limitless
  • Sense8
  • Criminal Minds
  • House of Lies
  • Code Black

Fun stuff

• Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Modern Family
  • Silicon Valley
  • The Last Man on Earth
  • Veep
  • Family Guy
  • Rick and Morty
  • Louie

Sort of interesting:

• Heroes Reborn
  • Blindspot

I wish I had time to watch TV :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Sherlock is awesome. That Benedict Cumberbatch is a seriously cool actor.

3 Likes

Yes! Next episodes aren’t gonna come out until 2017 :frowning:

the blacklist is awesome !!

1 Like

How’d I forget about The Blacklist?! :smiley:

1 Like

I love Merlin. I haven’t finished it yet because I don’t want it to end. If I never watch the last couple episodes, then it never ends, right? LOL. Did that with Psych and Robin Hood, too. I really should go back and finish them…

1 Like

Some of my favorite binge Netflix,
Breaking Bad
Lost
The Walking Dead
Weeds
Black List

3 Likes

I’ve heard this from many people. Now I’m going to have to add it to my list. :smile:

1 Like

The Wire is a brilliant series. Watched it all on my pc.

5 Likes