Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Curse of Oak Island started up again last week. Two really good episodes so far!!!

3 Likes

Homecoming was really good. Whoever it was that raised the bar for new television should be thanked. Seems almost everything coming out has a new level of artistry and depth.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the latest season of American Horror Story… Started really badly but then it connected to earlier seasons like coven and murder house.

2 Likes

The more I watch, the funnier it gets …

5 Likes

That show is high Larry ass!

2 Likes

If they haven’t already, I see a horror movie, based on a home automation system gaining sentience and trying to kill the home owner…for…like…being a pervert or “being a bad person” based on its robotic idea of human ethics.

lmao… It’ll be called something like “Automate” or “Home: Mark I” and it’s sequels will be Mark II, etc haha… it’ll be a straight to home download/straight to DVD of course, but it’ll be a cult classic.

1 Like

Here it is.

7 Likes

@darkjester89, Try the movie “Tau”…
Kinda, sorta, like what you thought of, but it also has a robot body with military grade weapons… you know, to keep troublesome kids in line…

3 Likes

ahhhhh

I call dibs on intellectual property lmao

4 Likes

That trailer was visually impressive, but story line looks… like it should be released straight to dvd/home download. They directly ripped off my idea lmao

3 Likes

Thank You Phil for mentioning this…its one of my favorite shows to watch…a lot of history can be learned …watching it now

Thanks again

2 Likes

Yeah, i know, i know, I’m replying to a very old post. But thought it might be worth noting that the Netflix version of Peaky blinders has a different music soundtrack from the original BBC series. The original soundtrack is so incredibly good, and so perfectly matched to the story, this borders on sacrilege, IMO,

Saw a few episodes on Amazon , and they seem to have the original soundtrack. :). …as confirmed in this Reddit article: https://www.reddit.com/r/PeakyBlinders/comments/7n6fp3/music_changes_between_bbc_and_netflix/

Anyways, i just want to say that if anybody still hasn’t seen Peaky Blinders, please do! Just not on Netflix! Personally, I don’t much like gangster movies but this is so much more than that. and so very well done, its a tour de force.

4 Likes
4 Likes

This whole series (in my very condescending opinion) is absolutely terrible.

The books are terrible, the movies are terrible, the idea is terrible, the concept is terrible.

Everything about it is terrible

2 Likes

Christmas Chronicles This movie is hilarious!
https://www.netflix.com/title/80199682

2 Likes

Replying to your not as old post that was a reply to an old post :laughing:
Watched Peaky Blinders on Netflix, had no idea the soundtrack was different. Still thoroughly enjoyed the series. Been thinking about watching it again, If its on Amazon Prime and free, which most things I am interested in aren’t, I’ll re-watch it there instead.

3 Likes

Since the 4th season was killed, re-watching this gem …

2 Likes

Dangnabbit… I really enjoyed that one!!!

2 Likes

Every freaking show we really get into ether takes a nose dive, or gets cancelled!

4 Likes

@Cutlass92 @Molly_Mcghee

4 Likes