Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Damit, this Penny Dreadful is pretty good. On episode 3 now. You know who (don’t want to give a spoiler) at the end of episode 2 getting ripped in half was pretty gruesome. And totally unexpected.

1 Like

Dang Ken. You just had to bring this up! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So before your post I had not seen any of this show. History Channel is one of my faves. So I was able to download Season 1. Riveting. Can’t seem to find season 2 that I can stream. Quality on HC’s website is crap and when casting from Chrome it’s just awful. Guess I’ll have to find it somewhere. Time Warner does have Season 3 on demand. Oh well, I’ll catch up later.

I’m using this thread is a place to say goodbye. I’m gone until Monday the 1st. Everyone have a wonderful week and enjoy your break from my shenanigans. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

http://www.tvmuse.com/tv-shows/The-Curse-of-Oak-Island_36070/

Scroll down to the Comments section. People post all the links to the shows there.

2 Likes

I am ashamed and must make a confession. I got hooked on “Reign” on Netflix. It showed up as one of my recommendations based on The Tudors and The Borgias.

It’s the story of Mary Queen of Scots. Opening scene and music lines start off just like the Tudors. Casting is good and the story line is good. It’s done by the CW network (CBS/WB partnership) not Showtime so it’s very PG.

Only complaint is it feels like its “styled” like a campy Heath Ledger movie. You could even take the actor that plays Francis, Daupin of France, and drop Ledger right into the role. Otherwise in two days I’m 11 episodes in so I can’t complain too much. They did alright for a CW show.

4 Likes

Dont be ashamed or i will have to be as well.

4 Likes

I will have to add Reign to my list of shows to check out.

I spent the last week or so reliving the Godfather trilogy. I wish I spoke Italian. I think it would be much better :wink:

1 Like

I just watched all three this weekend. I’ve never watched them all back to back to back before. Totally epic experience.

Clemenza: “Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.”

So the first ep of Lucifer wasnt bad, funny but the same tired male/female interactions. Im still mixed on the first couple X-files. While i love some conspiracy/alien/evil government stuff everything seemed so forced, the interactions were predictable and stale. BUT conspiracy will probably hold my attention.

After the let down that was the 8th season and the movies, I have not really had any desire to watch this. Any better than the way they ended?

2 Likes

I agree. I have since gone back and watched some of the series again. But knowing how it ended I haven’t gotten back into it much. I thought I could.

Outsiders, this is gonna be good, real good…

2 Likes

I’m saving them up them going on an X-rampage. Never watched the final season. It just wasn’t the same without Mulder for me.

2 Likes

The Revenant, wow…

1 Like

Based on your recommend, I watched the first episode. I liked it. It may fill in the gap that Sons of Anarchy left behind.

1 Like

Wish it had been made by Netflix or Amazon so i could watch a whole season at once.

2 Likes

BEING EVEL!!!
Awesome biography about Evel Knievel, just awesome!
I was only recently born in the 70s when he had already been established as THE daredevil for some time, but I remember being in awe at this man, I even had the Ideal toy stunt bike you wound up and let go.
This History channel movie was just great, and it brought back a bunch of fond memories from my youth, I remembered and learned alot.
And it put alot into perspective…this man shaped the future of many modern extreme sports.
This is a must see!

1 Like

Dirty Gandpa w Robert Dinero has got to be the funniest movie I’ve seen in a loooong time!

Started on Crossing Lines this weekend. Great show. Currently watching Season 1, Episode 7. I can see bingeing this one to oblivion.

I had the same one, until it got caught in my sisters hair…

He was a powerful figure in the world, at the time. Im definitely going to grab this and watch it in reverence of a man who gave it his all.

I’ve just finished watching the first season of the strain by Guillermo Del Toro considering its about Nazi vampires its actually one of the best programs I’ve seen in ages