Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

War and Peace is a pretty go show once you get in a few eps. Follows the families in the Franco Russian war.

A documentary just popped up on my Netflix that was a must watch for me. ā€œA Faster Horseā€ is a documentary about the history of the Ford Mustang. Anyone into engineering, design, or just cars should like it. They did a great job with this one.

2 Likes

Anyone watching The Leftovers? Im 6 eps in its a weird one, cant say that i like it or not as nothing has really happened at all. I keep waiting for it to get betterā€¦

1 Like

I tried 2 1/2 episodes. Never got my attention so I stopped.

1 Like

I shoulda quit back then, now i have to continue at least until i finish season 1. :frowning:

I watched all of season 1. It gets better as it goes along. Too many loose strings tying it along in the middle though. I like Carrie Coonā€™s role.

1 Like

Iā€™m also a tv/movie watcher, I do dislike it when a series starts to stretch out and it seems to almost gets too bad to watch trying to find something to make a continuing plot upon. First couple seasons of Dexter was good, stopped watching after his wife died. Like the X-filesā€¦ after awhile it was like it decided to go off the original plot then got stuck in the conspiracy realm.
I like Hells Kitchen, Top Chef, Master Chef, and Ink Mastersā€¦ those are my reality shows. Saving Grace I liked a lot, so much so it was/is the only series I actually bought (still havenā€™t watched the last show, mainly because I know itā€™s the last show).
Act of Valor is a great action movie (acting is bad, since the actors were real Navy Seals). And Game of Thrones is good and keeps you guessing.

2 Likes

The wife and I just started marathoning The Leftovers last weekend. We are now half way through the second season. Really good show, a bit weird at first but REALLY good!

1 Like

The show seems to leave loose strings as it goes along then an episode will come on that answers many of them. It just seems to be the way they are telling the story. It does kind of jump around a bit but worth it in my opinion. And yes Carrie Coon is awesome in this! Sheā€™s even better in season 2.

1 Like

Well i grabbed Season 2, it did get quite a bit better towards the end of S1.

1 Like

anyone watching the killing fields?? watched the first one last nightā€¦ think I might like itā€¦

I thought about checking that one out. But still have a couple other series to catch up on. Too many shows, too little time.

1 Like

I watched Extinction (2015) today, i wish i had that hour and a half backā€¦

1 Like

I saw Deadpool today. Iā€™m touching myself tonight. :smiley:

5 Likes

Sounds like a dirty old man to me lol

1 Like

I am that too. But it was a reference:

:smiley:

1 Like

Saw Deadpool last night too and it was hilariously awesome!

2 Likes

I canā€™t remember a movie that made me laugh this much :slightly_smiling: Itā€™s been a while, thatā€™s for sure!

At some point you have to wonder if he just isnā€™t a bad parentā€¦

Iā€™m on about the 5th episode of The Returned. Anyone watched this?

The Returned was good. Waiting for Season 2. Oh, and Iā€™m talking about the US version. It is a remake of the UK version. Which one are you watching?