Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Lol yup exactly, same here hahah

Oh and yea its just repacka with br designations, eventho its downscaled AF lol its all mp4 or mkv, bout 300mb an episode. 720x400ish. He was downloading, but when torrenting you do both simultaneously, as you get pieces, people get pieces from you also. Only way to be safe is paying like $7 a month for a good vpn service that does NOT keep logs. If they dont have logs, then even with a court order they have no info of your actions to give out. Btguard I a popular one. They also offer yearly plans for less

My friend gets those warnings from Comcast all the time. He just ignores them.

I donā€™t use it much, but I have PIA - works well, as far as I can tellā€¦

1 Like

Friend got me a Chromecast thing as partial payment for doing some A/C work on his house.
Hooked it up on an older TV in my garage/workshop, sure makes things easier to watch.
Only follow 2 shows now ( 11.22.63 and Vikings )
Wife is home recovering from surgery, out of work for the next couple of months,
so this comes in REAL handy.

1 Like

Really liking 11.22.63 and Second Chance I normally wait until the season has finished before I start to watch but could not resist those two.

I do gets these alot:

Dear SeedboxCo customer,

Our ISP LeaseWeb Netherlands BV has received an abuse notification
regarding the IP address(es) listed below that is/are assigned to you.
We trust you to take appropriate action to ensure that the reported
content is removed.

This is an automated email, sent based on the reported port number which
the content was shared from (which we matched to your account, WE DO
NOT MONITOR YOUR DATA). Information contained within this email may be
incorrect or inaccurate, if this is the case and the reported content is
not on your system, please ignore this email.

We suspect the complainant was monitoring a bittorrent swarm that you
were a member of, this can be a common occurrance if youā€™re sharing data
on public trackers.

We remind you that we do not share any personal information with third
parties, we simply reply to our ISP to let them know weā€™ve notified the
user(s) responsible. If you feel that this notice is not valid or if you
need assistance from someone in the Abuse Prevention department, please
reply to this email.

Never reply to those emails.

My wife goes to bed sometime around 9-10 pm. I usually can sit down to watch something at maybe 8 pm. Thatā€™s not conducive to binge watching together. So I was going to watch Reign with her a few months ago. Cheeky woman was watching it in the bath and other times when I wasnā€™t around. When I asked one weekend if she was ready to watch it (after searching it on Netflix) she started to say something then looked at all the red lines under the episodes indicating it had been watched. Then it was uh, ummmm, well I, uh, well you know, ummm and I just laughed and told her it was ok. Stupid chick show anyway. Really I love that kind of stuff but I couldnā€™t let her have the victory :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With ALL of the streaming sites around now, I just dont understand why people download?
Ive got friends who still download, but they feel its ok or even safer because they delete the file when they are done.

I was just looking at them yesterday, heard they have a bit better speeds and support than btguard

I feel it is safer to download, because you can see the file list, and not have to trust that video is the only thing the stream sites are stuffing thru my port :stuck_out_tongue: its just easier for me to hit up pirate bay than looking for reliable stream sites, which get taken down quite frequently. My connection is fast enough to download full seasons within a matter of minutes, dl in file order and its good as streaming anyway :smile:

Not everything is available all the time, so for when you want to re-watch a series and it becomes unavailable - well if you have it downloaded you can just carry on. Also I happen to love UFC fights. Rather than pay the $50 - $70 for PPV I get them next morning after the fight night. Just have to avoid the news and web browsing for a few hours. Trust me, itā€™s just as fun watching Rhonda Rousey get knocked the f*&@ out at 9 in the morning as it is at 11 at night :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I donā€™t like streaming site as they give ghostery a heart attack with all of those popups. lol. And like what @SthrnMixer says about series, my lad loves WWE and will re-watch them over and over, I do stream sometimes using raspberry pi but the quality is not so good.

Ive been streaming for 3 years now, no problemsā€¦ive got adblock to prevent pop ups and my Antivirus has worked greatā€¦guess im lucky.
Ive got a small handful of sites that I frequent which offer several hosts for each show/movieā€¦and in 3 years ive seen 2 shut down, but other better sites fill the gap.
Im able to watch old movies and even series in order. ā€¦so I dont get itā€¦and whats more, my provider doesnt see or question my downloads cause there arent any.

Different strokes for different folks. I love having some things on my storage drive or laptop. I can go camping and take my laptop with meā€¦watch all 5 seasons of Merlin without the need for the internet. Plus if itā€™s something I really love I can get a download copy and not be reliant on some service to keep it available. I use streaming too, but itā€™s only part of it and not the whole enchilada.

If youā€™re not using a VPN they know what youā€™re doing anyway.

And I get different strokes/folks, and even being able to travel and share, I doā€¦so im not forcing my views on anybody, I just figured with as well as streaming is now days, why bother to break the law for everyday use? (and as you said, you do both)

And as far as I know, streaming isnt illegal for the end user?
ā€¦or is it?
I know my provider boasts about its streaming abilities.

Anybody watch Vinyl?

I was on the fence about it for the first few episodes, so I failed to mention it, but im really liking it after the last couple episodes.

The lead guy is good too, he was in that movie Chef, as well as Boardwalk Empireā€¦good actor imo.
And Ray Ramanno is even in it.

Yeah, I dint think they are concerned with an end user, they go after the bigger fish, if its being streamed that means there is a server loadedā€¦ Thatā€™s who theyā€™d be going after. Tracking who is streaming them is just how they get caught, lol.
In all my years torrenting, I have never been hit with a notice of copyright infringement personally. In my case, it was my roomy that slipped up, not I. My step dad got one a couple years ago for downloading starcraft 2 offline only cracked version lol they threatened legal action on that one but never pushed the issue further.
The notice I just got didnā€™t mention any legal action, just that they ā€œdo not release any of their customers info without a court orderā€ and ā€œthis notice is to educate people on copyright infringementā€ and said that they can only send the notice once every 7 days, so if I continue to torrent, they canā€™t send me anything else for a week about it. Lol idk I have never had an issue, so im not too worried about it. I am pretty picky about which repacks I download, and who the original uploader is. ectv or ettv seem to be solid safe trustworthy uploaders.

AMEN brother :slight_smile: Plus now, according to my rules anyway, you have a ā€˜get out of jail freeā€™ card to be used whenever you wantā€¦

I am exactly on the fence as well 5prockā€¦I watched the first episode and was kinda just left scratching my head a little bit. The first episodes in these series seem like they are always like that though, they are trying to cram introductions to all the main characters and kick off the plot line and they have an hour to do it (even GoT was rough starting out imho, and I read the books back in college so I knew what was going onā€¦sort of). Now with Vinyl,I watched the second episode and I am still not sure.

I WANT to like itā€¦sex, drugs and rock 'n rollā€¦whatā€™s not to like?:smiling_imp:

Sounds like what youā€™re saying is it gets a little better, so I am gonna give it a shot.

Vinyl just gets better!

Today ive been watching a British series w Andy Samberg called Cuckooā€¦and its a funny sitcom if you can find/get it.

2 Likes