Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

it is on Netflix also, my girlfriend and I had started watching it some.

Slightly off topic but check this out. I came home today to find this baby next to the dumpster?! It is mint and fully operational! Why someone would want to throw it away is beyond me, if anything sell it for a few hundred haha.

It will make for a great addition to my movie room, not to mention, 3 days ago my son saw one in an antique store and he was saying he wished he had one at home.

His birthday is this weekend, must be fate :wink:

11 Likes

Holy cow!! Thatā€™s awesome! Iā€™m so jealous. LoL.

2 Likes

It is beautiful, me so jelly!

1 Like

Thereā€™s probably a story there.

And youā€™re probably better off not knowing it! :smirk:

2 Likes

That is so cool!
Just remember: bleach is your friend.

1 Like

Just finished 11.22.63 a Hulu exclusive adaptation of Steven Kingā€™s book and directed by J.J. Abrams. 8 part mini series. I saw them filming here in Dallas a few months back. Pretty good show.

2 Likes

Awesome, and you watch it and think these mofo writers are on psychedelicsā€¦until the end blends it all together. Yet you still need to sit and process it. If you begin watching it, and it interests you, then it captivates you.
There is NO WAY I could have watched it week-by-week, but having the option to watch it, as many episodes in a row, on Netflix {ROKU TV], makes it one of the best. 5 stars, unless more stars are an option.

1 Like

I have never seen this thread here, guess Iā€™m too busy with the latest topics, but I am glad it exists,
Thank God for others that resurrect the old topics.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t realize when I started this thread it would be so popular. As a confirmed movie addict I do enjoy the group discussion (support group?) :smiling_imp:

Shows Iā€™m keeping up with lately -

Bates Motel !!!
Better Call Saul (this one sneaks up on you. For a while you think meh then the credits roll and youā€™re like Whaaaat!!???

And I guess Iā€™m late to the party as usual. Or should I say funeral? I recently learned The Bastard Executioner was canceled after 1 season. Bollocks! Surprisingly I loved this show even though I will admit you couldnā€™t miss a moment of it or youā€™d find yourself easily confused. It commanded attention to enjoy and I know many people donā€™t want to have to focus so intently in their leisure time. Whatever, at least Game of Thrones is still running. The new season starts April 24 - just 12 more days. I look forward to that almost as much as opening day of College Football. Can I get a GO CAMECOCKS!! :football:ā€¦:runner:

The only movie in theaters this weekend I would gladly pay to see is The Jungle Book. I have a feeling this is going to be hugeā€¦record breaking. And itā€™s not even summer yet.

3 Likes

Wife talked me into watching Black Orphan, only place we could find it was Amazon Prime Videos(free). Weā€™re still on the first season but Iā€™m getting into this fast pace cloned hottie!! So far defiantly a four to five star show.
Anyone else watched this show?

1 Like

Orphan Black is a great show. Not many people have heard of it but we have been watching since Season 1. Season 4 starts tomorrow on BBC America! Canā€™t wait!

If youā€™re still on season 1, keep going it gets really GOOD!

4 Likes

Gonna set the DVR to record then, thanks for the heads up on season four.

2 Likes

@Ggrhauling Love me some BBC programming. Iā€™ll be sure to check this out. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

I watched all 3 seasons on Netflix, canā€™t wait for season 4. Helena is my favourite clone :grinning:

2 Likes

Donā€™t mess with my babies!

1 Like

I donā€™t think I would enjoy TV anymore without ROKU with Netflix and Amazon Prime.
For over a year we have been watching the old shows [series] that we missed because of work/travel etc.
Sit down and watch a marathon, not having to wait in between, and watch the entire series. Tons of them available.
Weā€™ve only watched a few that are current but I like it much better to start one that already has an ending.
Lost had 120 episodesā€¦we would bingeā€¦when it was bedtime, after 4-5-6+ episodes we would look at each otherā€¦ā€œone more ?ā€ because youā€™d be caught up in itā€¦
And if you missed something that linked or whatever, itā€™s so easy to rewind and play it again.

1 Like

CosimaClub4Lyf

2 Likes

I agree @ozo. Iā€™ll record as many as possible before watching. Having to watch The Walking Dead week to week ruined it for the wife and I. And donā€™t even get me started about freakin commercials! Tried to watch a show on Hulu with commercials and it drove me insane! Who wouldnā€™t pay the extra five buck for commercial free?

1 Like

If you have a networked TV you can run Kodi and watch all your current TV shows commercial free. Personally, I just go to a site like primewire.ag, download the shows I want then watch them at my convenience using VLC or windows media player. Since Iā€™m on the west coast, I usually download and watch before they even air out here as they are posted after the east coast showings. I rarely watch live TV unless itā€™s sports programing or the news.

2 Likes