Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Yep, even with a subscription, you never know. Just went thru it with Netflix.
Decided to watch M.A.S.H. from beginning to end…watched many episodes a day…
had less than 20 to go, and Netflix cancelled it [not that I haven’t seen them all].
Some licensing expiration…

I have been a slug lately, let some shows pile up.
Just finished the last episode of 11.22.63

OUCH!

Stopped reading the book to start the series.
Wish they would remake some of his other books like “IT” or “The Stand”.
( and do them right this time! )

Just got off the phone with my mom and she mentioned a new Hugh Laurie show coming to AMC called The Night Manager. I just looked it up and it’s already aired in the UK, apparently to very good reviews. It also stars Tom Hiddleston. It’s a six part miniseries starting Tuesday. Sounds pretty good.

“It” will be remade. Last I heard it was in pre-production and will be a two part theatrical movie.
“The Stand” is/was being developed for Showtime. Not sure where that stands (no pun intended) at the moment.

Let us pray to the demons of the lower rings that they get it right.

1 Like

Think he is an arms dealer in it. Should be interesting

Anyone watched Chelsea Does on Netflix?

For some reason I love watching this series’s while building coils. IDK maybe building getting easier and need distractions. Anyone else have this issue.

Also watched The Martian over weekend, thought it was a great movie would defiantly recommend.

Finally got around to watching To make a Murder on Netflix. Crazy stuff going on up there.

Just a quick update on my movie watching since last post.
Happy Vaping while you watch!!

Watched it again for the third time. A great movie - much better than I originally expected.

1 Like

Yes agree watched twice so far. Defiantly recommend if y’all haven’t seen it.

Now I need some suggestions on what to get into next.

Wife thinks The Preacher might be good, channel AMC (Walkinng Dead channel).

Ready for the last season of The Good Wife to hit Hulu.

Naked and Afraid XL starts this month or next.

Ray Donavan new season this month.

That’s all I can think of really. Anyone else?

I loved the comics. Been a long time since I read them but so far I have 0 complaints with the adaptation.

Their Cassidy is perfect!

My only complaint with the first two episodes is that it seems like it might be very confusing for someone who doesn’t know the comics at all.

1 Like

Think we going to watch this weekend. Thanks.

If you like “stupid-funny” try Angie Tribeca. Similar to the Airplane/Police Squad type shows.

2 Likes

Sound right up my alley.

When I read your comment, I thought of one of my most favorite shows to watch while eating dinner…(drum roll)…Judge Judy.
Man I swear if she ran for President I’d vote for her.

1 Like

One of the wife’s favorite people. Personally, I think she’s an obnoxious shrew, but I’m not known for my good character judgments :laughing:

3 Likes

You’ve seemed pretty on point with most of the things I have read of your posts. Cynical or sarcastic or not hah.

Why thank you! Just doing what I can to keep the internals balanced. You can’t just have the light side of the Force.

Or I could just eat more fiber…

1 Like

Just finished the latest season of Peaky Blinders on Netflix…:ok_hand:

4 Likes

I agree but that’s why it’s so funny. @Lostmarbles

1 Like

Never watched Peaky Binders, is it worth watching.

1 Like

I enjoyed it. Always liked gangster shows/movies. Good characters in this one. There are 3 seasons so far and it goes fast.

4 Likes

I gave it a shot and it looked like a quality piece of work, but I wasn’t in the right frame of mind to get into it, I think. I’ll have to try it again later.

3 Likes