Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Your face kinda reminds me of a pices symbol???

lol it does?

And I meant the emojii above not your avatar, your avatar is cool too though

it’s :upside_down:

1 Like

Might sound odd but my favorite entertainment channel is:

http://watch.mhzchoice.com/ and

http://www.mhznetworks.org/

MHZ shows overseas series (new and old) and movies from Europe that have been subtitled in English. It’s been an awesome break from US based crime and drama series that are full of political brainwashing (with massive amounts of advertising).

My favorites shows from their series are:

Beck
Spiral
Donna Leon’s Brunetti
The Eagle

Serious fun!

2 Likes

May have missed it posted here. I just watched the first episode of The Night Of from HBO. Looks to be a gut wrencher. Started off slow but picked up some speed near the end. Certainly looking forward to watching the second.

6 Likes

Watched 3 episodes so far and as you say it did start off slow but it is worth sticking with.

1 Like

Just finished watching Clinton Cash. It’s available on You Tube. It’s a real eye-opener.
That’s all I’m sayin’ about it.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve seen that and I feel really sorry for my Murican friends. What’s the alternative, this guy?

Black sails
Stranger Things
Preacher

Love them all.

1 Like

I was a teensy bit disappointed with Preacher, but my expectations were pretty unrealistic. All in all it was good fun and I REALLY hope they get a second season!

they’ve already renewed it I think :+1:

1 Like

I watched the finale of Preacher yesterday …mind blown. We’re all jaded now after some incredible TV shows with amazing writing (Breaking Bad etc) and they really succeeded with delivering something original. A Season 2 for Preacher is wide open with possibilities!

1 Like

Tulip told us what’s gonna happen: “We’re just gonna like drive around shooting people, getting wasted, and looking for God?” :smiley:

1 Like

So I’m really enjoying the HBO mini series The Night Of. Just noticed something. They credit James Gandolfini as executive producer. I’m not sure how that works since it’s a new series and he died in 2013. Hmmmm.

3 Likes

That’s interesting …maybe it got shelved because of the “too soon” factor

1 Like

here you go :wink:
http://zap2it.com/2016/07/the-night-of-why-james-gandolfini-executive-producer/

4 Likes

Movie Junkie yes and no. I like movies but not most of the recent ones. My favorites would have to be Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Trek, old and new. Star Wars. Some of the older comedies and some sci fi stuff. I like most of the older Clint Eastwood Movies Back as far as the spaghetti westerns, and even when he was Rowdy Hayes the Ramrod on the old old old TV series Wagon Train.

To me Movies need a few things to be good, a believable hero/main character. Even if he is super hero some of the shit now days is just not my style. Guess I’m getting too old. A plot that is followable. Villains that when they die they die not come back to life because one molecule hasn’t been obliterated

2 Likes

Watched the last season of Wentworth. Pretty good but left me wondering if that was the final season. Anyone know?
Haven’t watched orange is the new black yet. It was a challenge to watch the last couple of seasons because of boredom. We’ll see I guess.