Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Dude, thank you very much. Wow, I do like Torturro a lot but JG would have been fantastic in that role, there’s just no doubt. Tremendous loss he was.

I wish I knew. The similarities between OITNB and WW are astounding. And when I watch one I always think it’s better than the other. I’m going to lean toward WW simply because I love their colloquialisms, but OITNB is definitely slicker…more polished. Story line? Both are good.

2 Likes

have none of you caught ‘Stranger Things’? I loved that I thought is was brilliant, I don’t know why but it reminded me of the graphic novel ‘Black Hole’ by Charles Burns even though the story had absolutely nothing to do with it, think it was the era, had the same feel, if you haven’t watched it I definitely recommend it :+1:

4 Likes

Yes! Stranger things is just awesome.

3 Likes

I saw it pop up at the top of Netflix for a while and thought “huh, looks like some dumb RL Stine garbage” and went on with my life til I saw it recommended in this thread last month and actually bothered to see what it was rather than judging by the cover.

Thanks guys, BTW. I enjoyed the heck out of it. :slight_smile: The sci fi elements of it really reminded me of this MMO I loved called The Secret World.

3 Likes

Season 5 is a go.
http://www.movienewsguide.com/wentworth-season-5-speculations-bea-smith-lives-grand-comeback-in-finale/264942

2 Likes

Anyone watching that new Vice Principle show on HBO? It’s got dude in it, you know, Sorry can’t remember the name, but I watched the first four episodes and would recommend watching. Good times. If anyone knows the name give it a shoutout.

1 Like

Yep! loving it so far. Danny McBride is insane as usual :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Just checked out the pilot episode of Jean Claude Van Johnson on Amazon (Pilot season). I actually enjoyed it very much. Thought it would be some Van Damme stuff from the 80s (which I loved) but they went with it in a funny way. Hope they pick up the series. It says movie but it isn’t.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5655056/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

1 Like

Thanks we love some JCV.

1 Like

The knick. Best show ever.

1 Like

I thought they took it off the air. Thank I’ll have to catch up.

Finally got around to watching this show. On the second season. It’s oddly addictive. And I agree William H. Macy is just brilliant. In fact everyone seems to play very convincing roles. This is also my first time noticing Emmy Rossum. If Julia Roberts and Angelina Joli had a child it would be Rossum.

4 Likes

Yup. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stranger things was AWESOME! Iv watched the series twice now. And got hooked on the music too!

1 Like

Started watching it - It’s pretty good!

1 Like

Binge-watched the entire season this weekend. What a fantastic show. Can’t wait for season 2. I’m now hooked on Arrow. Can’t believe I waited this long to start watching. Let the binging renew!

1 Like

Yea Arrow was cool. I would watch the flash along side it too as the story lines overlap.

1 Like

Looking forward to Westworld

5 Likes

Me too! I hope it’s awesome.

1 Like

I’ve downloaded the newsroom after watching this clip

Pretty good show all round, using real events for their story lines.

5 Likes